It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

600+ games discounted by at least 50%, bundle deals up to 80% off, daily personal deals!

It is here: 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale on GOG.com! The biggest, the loudest, the most varied, and the most exciting sale we've ever done begins now. How big is it? There are way over 600 games from our catalog steadily discounted by at least 50%. How loud is it? Let's just mention the fact, that we're opening with a triple nuclear blast, giving away Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for FREE the next 48 hours. How varied is it? On top of regular discounts you'll have daily deals including games presented by YouTube personalities, hot thematic bundles chosen each day by our dear users, offered with up to 80% discounts, and--finally--daily personal deals where you pick one of the special offers available to you, and you only. How exciting is it? Well, you probably get the idea by now. So, there you have it: time to save BIG on the best games in history, available DRM-free for Windows and Mac.

This holiday season, your GOG.com Winter Sale experience include the company of Jesse Cox, Force Strategy Gaming, Dodger from Press Heart to Continue, and the YogsCast team. Each day we mash-up a classic game (or games) with it's modern successors and offer them with high discounts, while our tube-casting friends explain why they consider such a blend interesting and worth playing.

2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale Video Recommendations playlist

Section updated: Don't forget about your gamer friends that may not know GOG.com yet! Sadly, for the sake of unburdening what servers we have, we had to turn off the option for gifting free games. But you can always just let them know they can sign up with GOG.com and claim a free gift of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics. On top of that, when they register to our service, they'll receive all the 12 free games we add to all the newly-created accounts. That way your friends will start their adventure with GOG.com with a collection of 15 great games total already on their virtual shelves! Be kind, share the good news! :-)

We'd also like to remind you, that all purchases on GOG.com are now covered with our new 30-day Worldwide Money Back Guarantee, so your holiday gaming shopping spree is safer than it ever was before.

Worldwide Money Back Guarantee announcement video

Our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale will last until Sunday, December 29, at 1:59PM GMT. Happy holidays from GOG.com team, everyone! And again, sorry for the server issues in the initial hours of our sale.
Post edited December 14, 2013 by G-Doc
Ghorpm: That's a very good news indeed! Did somebody make a list of those deals that lost?
mondo84: I got you covered. :)

2.99 70% Knock-Knock
4.19 70% Ittle Dew
2.49 75% Avadon: The Black Fortress
1.49 75% Eschalon: Book I
2.49 75% Eschalon: Book II
4.99 75% Expeditions: Conquistador
4.99 75% Eador: Masters of the Broken World
1.49 75% Eador: Genesis
2.49 75% Jack Keane
7.49 75% Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within
2.99 70% Unepic
These are the ones I'm going to need. :)
What is the end date for the Winter Sale?
auroraparadox: What is the end date for the Winter Sale?
I believe it's December 29th.

EDIT:

Last part of the announcement right below the second clip....

Our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale will last until Sunday, December 29, at 1:59PM GMT. Happy holidays from GOG.com team, everyone! And again, sorry for the server issues in the initial hours of our sale.
Post edited December 27, 2013 by Magnitus
auroraparadox: What is the end date for the Winter Sale?
Magnitus: I believe it's December 29th.

EDIT:

Last part of the announcement....

Thanks Magnitus.
Corwim: And not really my type of games, but I have to say that the youtube video for the recommended deal today is one of the most entertaining ones we've had so far. :-)
Elinnea: It's not my type of game either, so I wasn't going to watch the video today, but after reading your comment I went back to take a look. He pulls up the load screen Raptor: Call of the Shadows, and ... WOAH

I remember this game. I did not know that I ever played it, but apparently yes. It might in fact have single-handedly convinced me that I don't like scrolling shooters. And yet I feel the urge to buy it, just because everything about that game feels so familiar and it brings back a piece of my youth that I had forgotten existed.

It's a powerful force, nostalgia.
Haha, yup, that's what nostalgia will do to you! ;-)
I know some people are bummed that they haven't got they games they wanted with the surprise Daily Personal Deals. I was in the same boat. Over the course of the sale I had only got one of the games I was looking for. Everything else was either something I already owned or something I wasn't remotely interested in.

If you're still looking for that game, it still may be possible. It's been sort of mentioned before with a little more effort, but I accidentally stumbled upon a way that works well. The best way I found was to use the private browsing function of your browser. In Firefox I used the "Open New Private Window". Open your new private window. Go to GOG.com. DO NOT LOG IN. On the front page will be the Personal Deals. If you don't see the game you want, close the window and open another private window. Repeat until the game you want shows on the page. Click "I want This Special Offer!" At the log-in prompt, put in your email and password. Buy and enjoy!

This only works if you HAVE NOT purchased a Daily Personal Deal on your account that day. I wanted two specific games, and was fortunate that my son has an account. He bought it as a gift and emailed the code to me. So it all worked out for the best. I wish I had found out about it earlier, but better late than never.

Hopefully this will help those out who haven't been able to get the game(s) they are after.
mondo84: I got you covered. :)
IAmSinistar: You do indeed. Another +1 for our archivist of the boards. :)

Might pick up the Settlers Pack Supreme if I'm online while it's happening. The remaining bundles I have most of the games from that I want, and it's cheaper to get the Runaway titles separately than in the Cinematic Adventures bundle.
There were a few who might be wanting that settlers bundle (including myself)..also keen on the Space Division one. Good news i guess :).
Am i reading right? There is also going to be a few announcements as well?

Hmmmm for now i like Dust and Volgarr but not sure about rest of the bundle
Post edited December 27, 2013 by nijuu
Does anyone think there is any chance we'll see SWAT 3, MoH, or Rayman Origins go on sale before the end of the current/next sales?
FlamingFirewire: Does anyone think there is any chance we'll see SWAT 3, MoH, or Rayman Origins go on sale before the end of the current/next sales?
Probably low odds. My understanding is that the sale ends on the 29th.

I think I'll save the titles that I want from out-voted sales in case they prop up as a giant promo and get the rest of the titles that I want at 50% off late tomorrow.
Go go Tex Murphy!
Can we expect a rerun of all bundle deals today ?
Not long before we find out.

Insomnia ended with a bit of a whimper, so maybe this will be the same, but the Solstice Festivmas might hint at a repeat of the bundles.
Post edited December 28, 2013 by IanM
Just wait for the Let's-Party-Promo...
No more cheap Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now . :(
Didn't get a single 100% off from the boxes. :(