It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BadDecissions: For a store that bills itself on "customer love," GOG remains obnoxiously unwilling to communicate meaningfully with its customers. It would have cost them nothing to post a brief explanation for the delay in the forums. Hell, not even an explanation. "Blah blah blah reasons beyond our control, later this evening" or "Blah blah blah reasons beyond our control tomorrow."
fronzelneekburm: How about "Blah blah blah it's midnight now in Europe and we're all sound asleep". I don't blame the GOG staff for the devs screwing up their release date.
I don't blame GOG for the devs screwing up the release date. I absolutely blame them for not communicating with their customers. Obviously, there was plenty of time they could have done that before it was midnight and they were all sound asleep.
fronzelneekburm: How about "Blah blah blah it's midnight now in Europe and we're all sound asleep". I don't blame the GOG staff for the devs screwing up their release date.
BadDecissions: I don't blame GOG for the devs screwing up the release date. I absolutely blame them for not communicating with their customers. Obviously, there was plenty of time they could have done that before it was midnight and they were all sound asleep.
The only thing we got was an "I don't know" from Judas. That's simply not good enough. I'm with you that it's pretty shocking that they haven't communicated anything. The lack of communication is worse than the lack of a release.
low rated
Steam has it up and available. I'd buy it from them if I knew for sure I'd get the refund from GOG I requested several hours ago.
Lot of aggravation in this thread over not very much.

Blaming GOG? Demanding refunds?

Yeesh, glad you guys aren't my customers.
Maybe Astronauts backed out at the last second when they realized having their game in a non-Steam store would make it too difficult to keep track of important metrics.
tfishell: Maybe Astronauts backed out at the last second when they realized having their game in a non-Steam store would make it too difficult to keep track of important metrics.
Such as?
tfishell: .
Or maybe there are developer incentives to force day one Steam only releases. This happens far too frequently.
GOG release tomorrow morning, according to TheAstronauts' Twitter.
yogsloth: Lot of aggravation in this thread over not very much.

Since I was the only one who used the word "blame" recently in this thread, I'll take that as directed at me. I wouldn't say I'm exhibiting a lot of aggravation, particularly. But I called not providing customers with basic information obnoxious, and I stand by that. If I walked into a physical store for a Day One release, and the store didn't have the game on their shelves, I'd ask whoever was around if they were getting the game in today. And if the employee I asked averted his eyes and walked away in silence ... I'd be a little annoyed. Refusing to communicate with your customers is rarely the right answer.
Post edited September 26, 2014 by BadDecissions
tfishell: Maybe Astronauts backed out at the last second when they realized having their game in a non-Steam store would make it too difficult to keep track of important metrics.
HypersomniacLive: Such as?
Penis size.
tfishell: Penis size.
OOOOOOOk then, a burden is lifted off my shoulders knowing that we're talking about the really important metrics here. ;-P
HypersomniacLive: Such as?
tfishell: Penis size.
Also, boobs. And moobs.

's important information mkay?
HypersomniacLive: OOOOOOOk then, a burden is lifted off my shoulders knowing that we're talking about the really important metrics here. ;-P
But of course. Have you any idea the kind of problems wrong data can cause?
cgraeff: Steam has it up and available. I'd buy it from them if I knew for sure I'd get the refund from GOG I requested several hours ago.
The difference between Steam and GOG is that GOG has to build their own installer with the files provided from the developer. The developer held these files back for a long time so that GOG couldn't work with them. And there are different timezones. When I went to bed at 11 pm in Germany (same time in Poland) the game wasn't availlable on Steam. I don't know when they uploaded the game but I think the guys from GOG don't work at night. They also have to sleep ... sometimes. I think GOG has to work with these files in the morning, so I expect the game midday in Germany. That's early in the morning at US time.
Post edited September 26, 2014 by Silverhawk170485
yogsloth: Lot of aggravation in this thread over not very much.

You'd probably aggravated too if you've paid attention to how often GOG fouls up simple things by not communicating or not communicating properly. I still love this place, but their track-record with being up front about things is not so good. The times that they do succeed in that department are awesome, though. I just wish that they'd be more consistent on that front, and make it a priority.