It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lets hope the wait for the answer isn't unending.
Post edited June 12, 2023 by kalirion
kalirion: Lets hope the wait for the answer isn't unending.
I was just about to post a hint with another screenshot.

It seems to be a perpetually free game on steam if you sign up for an account with the dev's platform.

It's also a MOO clone of sorts with extra bits.
Attachments:
AND it's the game they keep away from my shelf: Endless Space.... Like, seriously they announced that sh*t half a year ago, why the delay? They just don't want me money I guess!
Duke Garland: AND it's the game they keep away from my shelf: Endless Space.... Like, seriously they announced that sh*t half a year ago, why the delay? They just don't want me money I guess!
Correct. Your turn.

And what delay? You mean the GOG version?
The GOG version indeed - I've only ever used Steam for a few weeks after it was forced upon us.

But new game here we go...
Attachments:
I guess another screenshot is due? Two things to that, both pics had the game's name edited out, I also doubled the size of the new picture - maybe the first was just too small?

A hopefully cryptic hint to the game - it was first released in the late 1980's for a system that (according to Wikipedia) had a total of 99 games.
Attachments:
Time for more hints?

You can play either German, American or Russian tanks in either arcade (= endless), a somewhat "team battle" mode where two similar tank teams fight each other or a "strategy" mode where you score points in battle to repair and buy new tanks in between fights.

The game saw its second release on Amiga, Atari and DOS in 1990. The screen is showing the main menu, I've kept the "middle" letters in this time.
Attachments:
I cheated to find out the answer. Had never heard of the game before.
kalirion: I cheated to find out the answer. Had never heard of the game before.
You might as well post the solution and your neXt screen, it seems unlikely we will see as much as a guess at this point anymore... Didn't eXpect nobody of the regulars here knows it.
kalirion: I cheated to find out the answer. Had never heard of the game before.
Duke Garland: You might as well post the solution and your neXt screen, it seems unlikely we will see as much as a guess at this point anymore... Didn't eXpect nobody of the regulars here knows it.
You can see it is in the Zarch/Virus engine which also had Zeewolf (helicopter) & Conqueror (tanks)
Iain: You can see it is in the Zarch/Virus engine which also had Zeewolf (helicopter) & Conqueror (tanks)
And we have a winner I guess! Where have you been the past 4 days good sir? It is indeed Conqueror.
Your turn to post one!
I knew what it was with there only being a few games that used that game engine. Zarch was the only one on the Archimedes but Amiga had Zeewolf 1&2 and Conqueror.

Either way, next one attached
Attachments:
gimp.jpg (283 Kb)
Iain: I knew what it was with there only being a few games that used that game engine. Zarch was the only one on the Archimedes but Amiga had Zeewolf 1&2 and Conqueror.

Either way, next one attached
Splatter House?
Iain: Zarch was the only one on the Archimedes but Amiga had Zeewolf 1&2 and Conqueror.
I actually played Conqueror on the Archimedes. Here's a video of the Archimedes version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2IEfkj117U

So, my guess: Painkiller
Oh hey, that's an end-game mini-boss from Brutal Legend!