It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zeogold:
Thats a long wash for the alarm to sound at 941...... I want AUTOPSY!
zeogold: The Defense introduces a chemist who analyzed the dirty clothing in Endre Whitemane's washing machine.

Chemist: "I started by comparing the dirt in the washer to soil samples from the field."
Defense: "And the result?"
Chemist: "No match."
Defense: "Were you ever able to match the dirt samples from the clothes?"
Chemist: "As a matter of fact, yes. I discovered from the county that there had been a water main break that evening. When the water was turned back on at 8:55, it ran dirty for the first several minutes. If Mr. Whitemane had started the wash cycle at 8:55 or soon after, he would have filled the machine with that dirty water. The samples match perfectly."

The jury was then released to deliberate. The day passed.

DAY 3 BEGINS NOW!
ALL RISE!
COURT IS NOW IN SESSION!
I called that on day one.

sunshinecorp: The dirty water probably indicates that the laundering cycle began after the water was restored. It is very common for the first gallons of water after flow restoration to be full of dirt due to removing/replacing pipes.
Post edited January 11, 2016 by sunshinecorp
zeogold: The Defense introduces a chemist who analyzed the dirty clothing in Endre Whitemane's washing machine.

Chemist: "I started by comparing the dirt in the washer to soil samples from the field."
Defense: "And the result?"
Chemist: "No match."
Defense: "Were you ever able to match the dirt samples from the clothes?"
Chemist: "As a matter of fact, yes. I discovered from the county that there had been a water main break that evening. When the water was turned back on at 8:55, it ran dirty for the first several minutes. If Mr. Whitemane had started the wash cycle at 8:55 or soon after, he would have filled the machine with that dirty water. The samples match perfectly."

The jury was then released to deliberate. The day passed.

DAY 3 BEGINS NOW!
ALL RISE!
COURT IS NOW IN SESSION!
sunshinecorp: I called that on day one.

sunshinecorp: The dirty water probably indicates that the laundering cycle began after the water was restored. It is very common for the first gallons of water after flow restoration to be full of dirt due to removing/replacing pipes.
sunshinecorp:
Well, you were right. I'm quite impressed, really. Now, the real question is, does this make Endre Whitemane guilty or not guilty?
zeogold: Well, you were right. I'm quite impressed, really. Now, the real question is, does this make Endre Whitemane guilty or not guilty?
Don't ask me. I was just showing off.
zeogold: Well, you were right. I'm quite impressed, really. Now, the real question is, does this make Endre Whitemane guilty or not guilty?
sunshinecorp: Don't ask me. I was just showing off.
I have to ask you. That's sort of the point of this entire game, really.
zeogold: I have to ask you. That's sort of the point of this entire game, really.
Game? GAME? We're talking about a man's LIFE here, sir!
I agree we need to see the evidence before we make a rash decision.
zeogold: I have to ask you. That's sort of the point of this entire game, really.
sunshinecorp: Game? GAME? We're talking about a man's LIFE here, sir!
Life? He's already dead!
...oh, wait, you mean the defendant?
Well...uh...he is kinda old anyways...
*shotgun goes off*
BUTONTHEOTHERHANDYOUKNOWWHATI AGREEEEE WITH YOU COMPLETELY! Definitely shouldn't be too hasty about these things.
*clears throat nervously*
Well the if we assume that defendant threw the clothes in the washing machine and then dragged the body out in the field it probably means that he's guilty of something or other. I would like to see one more piece of evidence, not caring to set the record but rather prefer to set the record straight. What do the others say? Vote now and get a piece of cake, or see more evidence?
Post edited January 11, 2016 by sunshinecorp
Heh.

Well played, sir.

Emachine9643: I agree we need to see the evidence before we make a rash decision.
I'm unaware of any rash. Perhaps got poison oak in the field?
bler144: Well played, sir.
I was giving you the opportunity to do this, but seeing as you didn't take it:
https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic288405_md.jpg
Emachine9643: I agree we need to see the evidence before we make a rash decision.
bler144: I'm unaware of any rash. Perhaps got poison oak in the field?
Poison radishes. Blame the defendant.
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz...Evidence from Car.... zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz
I'd very much like to see the autopsy report that we've snobbed now...
Well, the new piece of evidence doesn't contradict my theory so I'd like to lock my verdict: Not guilty. My explanation can be found earlier in the thread:

[i]So, the second robber wanted to ditch the wounded / dead robber's body in the well.

Then we have Whitemane, who was trying to wash his clothes after a small kitchen accident, but the washing machine wouldn't work. He tried the kitchen sink, but no water there, so he decides to stroll over to the well on the other side of the field, where he notices the body and decides to carry it home, because he recognises the body as the travelling salesman. Then he gets spotted by the workers, etc... [/i]

I'm also gonna be quite busy this week and while I'll try to keep an eye on the thread, just assume I'm voting for the majority. In case of ties, I'm voting for the one with the shorter name.
popperik: Well, the new piece of evidence doesn't contradict my theory so I'd like to lock my verdict: Not guilty. My explanation can be found earlier in the thread:
*explaining too much in thread*
I'm also gonna be quite busy this week and while I'll try to keep an eye on the thread, just assume I'm voting for the majority. In case of ties, I'm voting for the one with the shorter name.
As per the rules, please explain your reasoning in detail via PM rather than in the thread. Just to keep things official and so I can completely understand your train of thought.
Post edited January 11, 2016 by zeogold