It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PKayx: I do hope that i'm not being rude... but, may i ask what is considered a non-recent registration?

I've been signed up to GOG for about a month now, but have just been lurking, and reading things, on the forum rather than posting... so i won't participate in this giveaway just yet. I will probably start participating later once i've gotten to know the community a bit better. I was just curious, and wanted clarification.

Thankyou in advance for your reply~ ^^
I cannot tell you exactly but as far as I understand it does not matter much if you are registered a month or a year ago as long as you weren't active in the forums anyway. The main reason for these rules at all is to prevent people who only are here to get games and nothing else to get more games. This here is meant from the active community for the active community and to be part of it and be eligible you have to be active. So simply being registered for a while probably is not helping much. Just type what you are thinking and don't worry, we won't bite :)
Post edited June 20, 2017 by MarkoH01
PKayx: I do hope that i'm not being rude... but, may i ask what is considered a non-recent registration?

I've been signed up to GOG for about a month now, but have just been lurking, and reading things, on the forum rather than posting... so i won't participate in this giveaway just yet. I will probably start participating later once i've gotten to know the community a bit better. I was just curious, and wanted clarification.

Thankyou in advance for your reply~ ^^
MarkoH01: I cannot tell you exactly but as far as I understand it does not matter much if you are registered a month or a year ago as long as you weren't active in the forums anyway. The main reason for these rules at all is to prevent people who only are here to get games and nothing else to get more games. This here is meant from the active community for the active community and to be part of it and be eligible you have to be active. So simply being registered for a while probably is not helping much. Just type what you are thinking and don't worry, we won't bite :)
As MarkoH01 said, zeogold has the final say here, but as a general principle, this is a GA by the active GOG community, for the active GOG community, and that's what the 'forum activity' rule tries to accomplish. I have to say though, that it really is a breath of fresh air that you actually took the time to read the OP and decided to ask for clarification.

I really hope that you'll stay around and post some stuff in some threads that interest you (it doesn't have to be a wall of text like mine; solid opinions and constructive input is always welcome, however brief) and it won't take long before you are more than welcome to request some stuff here, I reckon.

TL;DR: Welcome to the GOG forum!
MarkoH01: I cannot tell you exactly but as far as I understand it does not matter much if you are registered a month or a year ago as long as you weren't active in the forums anyway. The main reason for these rules at all is to prevent people who only are here to get games and nothing else to get more games. This here is meant from the active community for the active community and to be part of it and be eligible you have to be active. So simply being registered for a while probably is not helping much. Just type what you are thinking and don't worry, we won't bite :)
Oh, hello there, Marko~

And ahhh, i see, i see. I was just wondering, as the OP stated only non-recent accounts as part of their rules... so i thought perhaps i would be ineligible to ask for anything, whether i started posting in the community or not... as i didn't know if i would be considered still too new either way, haha. But thankyou for letting me know that.

I do plan on being a lot more active and posting in the community though, being able to ask for a free game or two that i haven't tried yet or can't afford atm would just be a plus.

PS: I don't bite either, so i look forward to getting to know you all xD

skimmie:
Thankyou so much for the welcome, skimmie!

And i quite understand the forum activity rule, it kind of filters out certain people. I just haven't been much of a poster due to having been busy irl, and mostly lurking, and not know what to say during a conversation :c

I will, however, be sure to try from now on...
And if i'm being honest...
I have a tendency to write a lot during my posts too LOL
It's a bad habit of mine.

On that note...

Zeogold: I hope that i'm not being a bother by flooding your thread with a wall of text, my apologies if i am.
Post edited June 20, 2017 by PKayx
PKayx: Zeogold: I hope that i'm not being a bother by flooding your thread with a wall of text, my apologise if i am.
You are at least on topic.
Themken: You are at least on topic.
Haha, thankyou for noticing. I do try to be ^^
Since everyone else pretty much covered it, I'll go into a bit of extra detail:
As others have told you, there's no real set "time limit" or anything like that. It's based primarily on participation rather than registration. If it were up to me, I would honestly just give a key to anybody who showed up and asked for it, but unfortunately, this isn't the kind of environment where I can do that. The idea is to filter out the scammers (people with alt accounts using these accounts to enter giveaway after giveaway and grab games and/or boost chances in a raffle) and leeches (people who are on the forum pretty much just to enter giveaways and will only post small blurbs outside of giveaways to look like they're being "active" since a username search can show where they've been).
The problem that we've had on this forum for some while now is the fact that it's tremendously easy to make an account (it takes maybe 2 minutes tops) so some unscrupulous users got the idea to take advantage of the generosity of the place and one dude would start swarming giveaways with 10 or so of these suckers to get more games for himself. As a result, the regulars have since been forever wary of newly-registered accounts popping up in giveaways (you could usually tell these alts because the person behind them will have just made them or be re-using some of these slightly fresh ones). I can typically tell if someone's legit or not by searching their username and perusing their posts, which either consist of human-looking statements or "hi hi hello plz gib games i can haz Witcher 3 thx is beautiful day in Arstotzka :)))))" or something like that.

To summarize, all that's going on here is having us get to know you're a cool guy and not some sort of robot bent on world/forum domination. As soon as you're generally recognizable as someone not trying to rip people off, it's all good.
So far, the fact that you actually read the OP is a great sign and something we definitely wish we saw more often.
PKayx: Zeogold: I hope that i'm not being a bother by flooding your thread with a wall of text, my apologies if i am.
Nah, it's all good. There's plenty of discussion in this thread as well as game-giveaway-ery. I think we even had a discussion about cereal once. Didn't we have a discussion about cereal?
PKayx: Zeogold: I hope that i'm not being a bother by flooding your thread with a wall of text, my apologies if i am.
zeogold: Nah, it's all good. There's plenty of discussion in this thread as well as game-giveaway-ery. I think we even had a discussion about cereal once. Didn't we have a discussion about cereal?
I cannot remember but maybe we should have? ;)
zeogold: Nah, it's all good. There's plenty of discussion in this thread as well as game-giveaway-ery. I think we even had a discussion about cereal once. Didn't we have a discussion about cereal?
MarkoH01: I cannot remember but maybe we should have? ;)
I seem to vaguely remember there was a guy who said he didn't get Froot Loops in his country and talked about them like some far-off childhood memory.
It was the saddest thing I'd ever heard.
Post edited June 20, 2017 by zeogold
zeogold:
Come with me if you want to live, j/k.
I'm actually a pretty chill person, just... kind of shy around people i don't really know :c I'm also a female, but i guess the name PK can be ambiguous, haha.

People actually make duplicate accounts? Wow... o.o
That's pretty uncool. Idk how they would even have the time for that.

I am kind of surprised more people don't read the first post though, given how important it is... or maybe they just get too excited, and post before really reading things? I know some people do that on forums. But i usually like to read up on things to inform myself and so i don't end up doing something wrong xD;

Giveaway-ery... That's a word..ish, right?

I thought most countries had the main brand cereals or some kind of dupe/local brand that was similar? To be fair though... i haven't had Froot Loops in a while either, i prefer other cereals.

Do you guys discuss food on the forums regularly?
I think i'm beginning to like this place.
I'm all about food. And games. And other things.
...But mostly food.
MarkoH01: I cannot remember but maybe we should have? ;)
zeogold: I seem to vaguely remember there was a guy who said he didn't get Froot Loops in his country and talked about them like some far-off childhood memory.
It was the saddest thing I'd ever heard.
Was that country England? I've never heard of them.
But talking about cereal - I just finished a box of blueberry pillow stuff. They were nice.
PKayx: Do you guys discuss food on the forums regularly?
...But mostly food.
No, I think its just Zeogold ;-)
Also, check out my giveaway. Its not as big as this one, but you may be interested, it has a few decent-ish games. Winning isn't guaranteed, but there aren't any requirements, just don't be a nuisance!
Post edited June 20, 2017 by TheNerdyPlane
zeogold:
PKayx: Do you guys discuss food on the forums regularly?
...But mostly food.
GABE?
TheNerdyPlane: No, I think its just Zeogold ;-)
Also, check out my giveaway. Its not as big as this one, but you may be interested, it has a few decent-ish games. Winning isn't guaranteed, but there aren't any requirements, just don't be a nuisance!
Another person i don't yet know, hi, hello~ ^^

And dang it... here i was hoping we could all talk about delicious food, desserts, and recipes :c
It's quite interesting seeing what people eat/cook/bake overseas.

You're hosting a giveaway? Seems like there's a lot of nice people on here o.o
I'd love to enter, i don't mind not winning as it would be nice just to have a chance but that page seems to be a blackhole? LOL

It comes up with a page that says...
"404: oh noes, there's nothing in here" with a cute teddy bear... thing.

EDIT:
Ahhh, wait, nevermind i just saw that you edited your post so the link works now xD I will definitely check out your giveaway now. I usually have bad luck with things like raffles/RNG/etc though.

tinyE: GABE?
?_? Gabe? Who is Gabe? Or... did i miss something?
You have now met the constantly overworked Theodore Fourofourski from GOG (the teddy bear).

Gabe Newell: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabe_Newell

There used to be food threads now and then but I have seen none in a while. Go ahead and make a new one! :-) I like cooking and baking too.
Post edited June 20, 2017 by Themken
PKayx: Another person i don't yet know, hi, hello~ ^^

And dang it... here i was hoping we could all talk about delicious food, desserts, and recipes :c
It's quite interesting seeing what people eat/cook/bake overseas.

You're hosting a giveaway? Seems like there's a lot of nice people on here o.o
I'd love to enter, i don't mind not winning as it would be nice just to have a chance but that page seems to be a blackhole? LOL

It comes up with a page that says...
"404: oh noes, there's nothing in here" with a cute teddy bear... thing.
Ok, it should work now, I was typing the link from memory, and not copy-pasting it!

There's an opportunity for you here PKayx, you should go and start a thread about food. I'm not joking, quickly go and start one up before no one else does... your ticket to being popular is closer than you think!