It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is the 2nd post still the current list or has it migrated to a spreadsheet or something somewhere?
JunglePredator: Is the 2nd post still the current list or has it migrated to a spreadsheet or something somewhere?
2nd post is current list
JunglePredator: Is the 2nd post still the current list or has it migrated to a spreadsheet or something somewhere?
Liverpoolfanster: 2nd post is current list
Thanks.
high rated
GamezRanker: Seems Sam is at the very least triple dipping(as marsattakx, SamWeisse, and one other user) across at least two threads: A user named 54I2v asked for Project Warlock in the GOG community gifting thread, and I gifted it to them, and then it got redeemed to Sam's account(screens attached as proof)
I also have confirmation that a key I granted to 54l2V was redeemed by SamWeisse. This behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. The following users are permanently banned from both giveaways, effective immediately: marsattakx, Samweisse and 54l2V. Going forward, I request that every donor check to make sure that every key they donated was redeemed by the account that requested it.
Yes, that's still it.
Post edited May 13, 2021 by finkleroy
Lone_Scout: You would be welcome, Samweisse, if you hadn't broken rule #16 in a very suspicious manner... (I hope you like the game anyway)

Now you owe us all an explanation, don't you?
GamezRanker: Seems Sam is at the very least triple dipping(as marsattakx, SamWeisse, and one other user) across at least two threads: A user named 54I2v asked for Project Warlock in the GOG community gifting thread, and I gifted it to them, and then it got redeemed to Sam's account(screens attached as proof).

-

finkleroy: Gotcha.
GamezRanker: Pinging ya so you can also see/note the info I listed in this post re: Sam & user 54I2V
Thanks for the report. It seems that the benefit of doubt is getting thinner and thinner for this case. But finkleroy should have the last word in this thread, in any case.

Meanwhile, do you think Sam is earning a special mention in the known scammers list?

EDIT: Ninjaed by finkleroy. The verdict has been set.
Post edited May 13, 2021 by Lone_Scout
The donors could also ask GOG support to refund the gifted game and remove it from the culprit's account
finkleroy: Going forward, I request that every donor check to make sure that every key they donated was redeemed by the account that requested it.
I already more or less do this already(short of regulars I know well here, whom I know I can trust & don't need to check on re: codes gifted to them) for codes I gift here.....but thanks for the head's up/advice.

-

Lone_Scout: Thanks for the report. It seems that the benefit of doubt is getting thinner and thinner for this case. But finkleroy should have the last word in this thread, in any case.
Tbh if they were more upfront about such beforehand(i.e. redeeming games gotten via other threads[such as my own giveaways] using another account) I might not mind as much, but double/triple dipping in fink's threads....that's a no no/no go for me.

Lone_Scout: Meanwhile, do you think Sam is earning a special mention in the known scammers list?
Probably.

That said, I might still allow them to join my own giveaways(I allow nearly everyone usually), albeit with the caveat that they and others planning on redeeming a game I give them to another account must tell me(via the contests I run or PM) before accepting the game.
Post edited May 13, 2021 by GamezRanker
finkleroy: I also have confirmation that a key I granted to 54l2V was redeemed by SamWeisse. This behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. The following users are permanently banned from both giveaways, effective immediately: marsattakx, Samweisse and 54l2V. Going forward, I request that every donor check to make sure that every key they donated was redeemed by the account that requested it.
As well as going forward, it might be worth all donors over the past month double checking for any mismatch between requested vs redeemed accounts, just in case there's a 4th, 5th and 6th "sock-puppet" feeding into the same GOG account mentioned above...
Is it possible to have the ban list made public? I understand that not all of the users on said list are scammers. Some might have been rude to past and present giveaway hosts and/or other users. However, knowing which users are scammers could be useful.
Post edited May 13, 2021 by TheDudeLebowski
TheDudeLebowski: Is it possible to have the ban list made public? I understand that not all of the users on said list are scammers. Some might have been rude to past and present giveaway hosts and/or other users. However, knowing which users are scammers could be useful.
Most(if not all) known scammers are listed in the thread linked in post 8392, afaik.
Sending my best regards and big thanks to finkleroy and Doc0075 (again!) for making it happen for me to have Demonicon while i had no chance to buy it in nearest future. You made my day, guys!
TheDudeLebowski: Is it possible to have the ban list made public? I understand that not all of the users on said list are scammers. Some might have been rude to past and present giveaway hosts and/or other users. However, knowing which users are scammers could be useful.
GamezRanker: Most(if not all) known scammers are listed in the thread linked in post 8392, afaik.
Thanks, but the mach 2 thread links to a wiki page that doesn't load for me (on the phone, at least. Haven't tested on PC's browser yet). The original thread seems a tad out of date.
high rated
I added the list to the third post of this thread and the second post of the Non-GOG thread.
finkleroy: I added the list to the third post of this thread and the second post of the Non-GOG thread.
Thanks!
AB2012: As well as going forward, it might be worth all donors over the past month double checking for any mismatch between requested vs redeemed accounts, just in case there's a 4th, 5th and 6th "sock-puppet" feeding into the same GOG account mentioned above...
We will either have to assign Doc a team of research assistants, or he's going to have to start hiring and charging that to his donations budget. He will henceforth not only be keeping GOG afloat, but significantly lowering the unemployment rate.

I've gifted only three in the last year, so it wasn't that hard to check usernames (thanks to adalia's search bar) and all match request/claimed accounts. FWIW.