It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

astropup: @op:
Hi. I have an unused key for Eador Genesis. I tried sending you a private message but got some warning about privacy settings. I added you as a friend so I can send you the key. Feel free to delete me afterwards if you wish. :)
Just being curious, is there some bundle sale of Eador series recently? It seems that quite some keys of Eador Genesis (well, 3 to be exact) were donated recently.
Makotolia: Just being curious, is there some bundle sale of Eador series recently? It seems that quite some keys of Eador Genesis (well, 3 to be exact) were donated recently.
They're part of the weekly promo (not including Imperium), but doesn't seem like there's any additional bundle deal.
Genesis was free in... May last year, so maybe some got reminded they had codes? Or for some reason grabbed that too now, realized MotBW is pretty much a remake (at least according to reviews) and are dropping it here? *shrug*
Cavalary: Might that have been about your privacy settings? Since the option to chat with you is unavailable, but with zeo it is.
Thanx. That was it.

Cavalary: Genesis was free in... May last year, so maybe some got reminded they had codes?
This is me. :) And I already had it in my library but didn't notice it. This is the duplicate.

Ok, if it's offered that much, I withdraw my offer. I don't mind it. I just tought someone might use it.
Cavalary: Genesis was free in... May last year, so maybe some got reminded they had codes?
Shouldn't free games like Eador: Genesis has a dagger symbol? I mean free games like Grim Fandango Remastered has.
Post edited April 28, 2018 by kmcoolice
kmcoolice: Shouldn't free games like Eador: Genesis has a dagger symbol? I mean free games like Grim Fandango Remastered has.
They do if zeo remembers they were free. Can always remind him :)
(Syberia was also free, and more recently.)
astropup: Ok, if it's offered that much, I withdraw my offer. I don't mind it. I just tought someone might use it.
Compared to NWN or Worms Forts, those are few. Guess Makotolia's question was just a surprise that they showed up at once when the game's not free now.
Post edited April 28, 2018 by Cavalary
astropup: Ok, if it's offered that much, I withdraw my offer. I don't mind it. I just tought someone might use it.
Cavalary: Compared to NWN or Worms Forts, those are few. Guess Makotolia's question was just a surprise that they showed up at once when the game's not free now.
Indeed, it was just out of curiosity, and in fact, I plan to request it when the month limit resets ;)
Gerin: Much gratitude to zeogold and bjgamer for Cultures
You are very welcome. Be warned - it should come with an 'Addictive' rating. Enjoy the game! :)

kmcoolice: Shouldn't free games like Eador: Genesis has a dagger symbol? I mean free games like Grim Fandango Remastered has.
Some of us bought it in the recent sale to donate here for fans of classic-style TBS, which zeo knew. ;)

In terms of comparison to Eador. Masters of the Broken World, while EMotBW is basically a remake with updated graphics, Eador: Genesis has lower system requirements, can work with Linux and Mac thru wine, maintains more of the classic TBS style, and does not seem to have the problem with the Intel integrated graphics that EMotBW is said to have. Fans of HOMM, AoW, MoM or Disciples should find it enjoyable, but with more 'layers' of complexity. Warning: this is not a quick game before bedtime type - prepare to find yourself involved for hours.
Post edited April 28, 2018 by bjgamer
bjgamer: ...
Nice explanation. It made me want to finally try Eador :)

Regarding classic isometric 2D graphics and evolving the genre into 3D - I'd add that the previous style was bringing much more atmosphere. I don't know how it works. It is possible that it's my own problem and subjective opinion, but with jump into 3D most of these series lost for me most of their charm. I'm going back to earlier titles and in general I find out that they are just better games. Eador Genesis looks interesting. Eador MotBW looks just meh.

Regarding codes - there is no more valid codes from that giveaway. They were time limited and expired if not yet redeemed.
Lower system requirement is surely one of the most important aspect of a game to me, since I'm actually using an old notebook with an Intel integrated graphics ;)

Btw, just for those who haven't known it yet, there's a MOD for Genesis called New Horizon, which is also quite good from what I heard.

And to @Cavalary, I forgot to thank you for doing the clarification for me, I really appreciate it! I think this kind of work saves some misunderstanding between people and makes the community atmosphere warmer.
bjgamer: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: Nice explanation. It made me want to finally try Eador :)
Same here.
Funnily, remember nabbing a copy of MotBW on one of those insomnia sales with split-second freebies that showed up occasionally when a new game was put up, then asking to have it turned into a code to give away since I didn't care for it. Then the original was free for all eventually. And with integrated graphics, at least I can play this one in some foreseeable future. (Admittedly, before getting this computer, 3 years ago, it wasn't integrated graphics, and met the specs otherwise.)

Oh, and it seems my profile background is from Eador. Using IE, I can't see anything there (see screenshot), so didn't know, just liked it when I went through them.
Makotolia: And to @Cavalary, I forgot to thank you for doing the clarification for me, I really appreciate it! I think this kind of work saves some misunderstanding between people and makes the community atmosphere warmer.
No need to thank me. If anything, feels rather wrong to talk for others, but... when it seems I can smooth something over faster, seems like I can't help it :/
Attachments:
gp.jpg (156 Kb)
Post edited April 28, 2018 by Cavalary
I would like to thank zeogold for the key for Grim Fandango Remastered. Yes, I know my post count was zero, but It was higher before - it seems to go down if you post often enough.

And I would like to thank ikrananka as it was their key. I will play the game for sure and it was good of you to give it away.

Cheers! :)
ciemnogrodzianin: Regarding codes - there is no more valid codes from that giveaway. They were time limited and expired if not yet redeemed.
I just checked. You are right. It expired. Sorry guys. :( I tought it's still valid.
Callipleura: Yes, I know my post count was zero, but It was higher before - it seems to go down if you post often enough.
That's reputation, post count isn't shown here. And reputation goes down if posts get downvotes. Sometimes legitimately, but all too often it means you caught the attention of some troll or scammer either using bots or actually spending the time to do it manually, likely with multiple fake accounts, downvoting every post of yours they find, so more posts = bigger drop unless others upvote enough to make up for it.
If there was ever Mulaka on free codes list, I call dibs.... just joking... well....
May I ask for Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga if it is still available please? I've been really curious about this game since I've signed up for GOG but I've never gotten around to trying it. :P