It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When the snows fall, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

**UPDATE**: Attention all photogenic rulers: patch 1.3.3 is now live and it brings a robust Photo Mode to capture the misfortune of your freezing citizens in stunning detail! This update also includes other features, like randomized weather in the Endless Mode, a new building, option to play in Italian, Korean and Japanese, plus a host of smaller fixes and improvements.
To celebrate, the game is now 40% off until February 11th, 6pm UTC.

Frostpunk is now available DRM-free on GOG.com.
The planet has grown cold and humanity is suffering much the same fate. As the ruler of a city where the survivors are staying alive thanks to steampunk technology, you must make the harsh decisions that will ensure your society lives to see another day and eventually venture into the frozen wasteland beyond.

Apart from the main campaign, the game also includes two additional scenarios, The Arks and Refugees, which change the rules and give you a different perspective on this desperate struggle for survival.

Get the Soundtrack for your collection.

In the Press:

- PC Gamer proclaims that "Frostpunk is a stressful, stylish, and addictive survival management game filled with incredibly difficult choices" before awarding it a 89/100.
- Game Informer had a pretty haunting experience: "Rarely does an interactive experience keep me awake at night wrestling with big decisions. Frostpunk did this on multiple occasions" - 8.75/10
- Strategy Gamer concludes that "even at its most frustrating, Frostpunk makes for some of the most rewarding gameplay in the city-building genre" before awarding the game a perfect score.
Curious about this one :)
Nice, I'm really interested to see more gameplay about this game. Cause if you only have one city to develop and off course get through the hardship with it it will get very boring and repetitive fast.
Slightly offtopic, but i just took a look at the third review (strategy gamer) and immediately after the conclusion it says "Available on:" and it has only a link to Steam store. Why didn't they link to GOG as well as to other stores where Frostpunk is being sold? I wonder how many of their viewers would like to buy a DRM-Free version of this game but they may not heard of GOG or even the term "DRM-Free" to start with. And most importantly, i wonder why GOG didn't send them a message about it, especially since they are already linking to their website which will generate more traffic and in turn mone-blah blah blah?
I love strategy and survival games, so I'd like to try this as it looks very promising, but the current price is too high for me... :/
Post edited April 24, 2018 by Lexor
Matruchus: [...] you only have one city [...]
Just one city brings memories of X-Com: Apocalypse. A single world-city of faction interactions and agendas, and a great game :-)
Wow, out of the 4 videos, only one barely shows any gameplay.

I personnally have no desire to check if the game is any good when the publisher only hypes it with no actual gameplay.
maz.588: Wow, out of the 4 videos, only one barely shows any gameplay.

I personnally have no desire to check if the game is any good when the publisher only hypes it with no actual gameplay.
Check the campaign gameplay from Skye (8 parts now I think). The devs allowed youtubers to do lets plays before release.

Link for gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDXc63Nt-PA
The setting kind of reminds me of classic game Transarctica.
jvandiver: The setting kind of reminds me of classic game Transarctica.
Indeed! Good observation.
maz.588: Wow, out of the 4 videos, only one barely shows any gameplay.

Exactly, damn assholes. They should send copies to streamers and reviewers few days and weeks before release to show us actual gameplay. They're hiding something!

Oh wait, that's exactly what they did and you would know it if you'd spend 30 fucking seconds in googling "Frostpunk gameplay", but I guess butthurting on forum is better solution.
Looks amazing. Hopefully the gameplay matches.
Eagerly waiting to see users' opinions. Like I said in the preorder thread, I'm very intrigued by this one.
Think I'll buy this one.

*edit* Aaaaaand... bought.
Post edited April 24, 2018 by GR00T
high rated
Enebias: Eagerly waiting to see users' opinions. Like I said in the preorder thread, I'm very intrigued by this one.
Three hours in, I'm just starting third attempt to make those damn fools survive.
So far I have mixed feelings (and if it's any indicator I liked This War of Mine 1.0).
Mechanics are fun and the game is fun, but there are problems that annoy hell out of me;

1. There are three speed settings + pause. In any reasonable game those settings would be at "1 - normal", "2 - faster", "3 - fastest" with some pause button. Not the case here; you have two buttons to make it faster and two to make it slower (deafult - 3 - faster - 3 - fastest) and (fastest - 2 fast - 2 - default). This is something extremely annoying for me and it cannot be changed in settings.

2. NO PLANNING. This is extremely problematic right now. Buildings take up space by the grid; therefore you'll end up in situations where you won't utilize whole circle around generator because you can't plan buildings NOR you can turn on grid permanently to calculate it manually (which would be dumb, but at least it would provide some planning options). Furthermore, resources required to build are taken when you place it, not when people start construction, so you can't even use old "place 10 buildings next to each other and see how it looks" trick.

Laws are fun, but I want to see order&faith ones, as basic ones are... well, basic. You cannot change laws tho, which is kinda weird for me.

Expeditions are fun but so far they feel more like a mini-game rather than actual story-changing choices, but again; maybe it's changing later, so this isn't my last word about it.

I'll be posting more here probably or maybe on Frostpunk dedicated subforum. So far I would recommend waiting for more reviews and opinions.