It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: And he molests puppies.

Okay I can't prove that last part but I'm working on it.
And he turned me into a newt.

l0rdtr3k: And he turned me into a newt.
At least you got better.
Dgaart: Well I just traded a Besiege steam key for an invalid code from SAVAGE555. I'll edit this post if it turns out to just be an error or if the situation in rectified somehow. It was only my second trade and probably my last one too. Pretty bummed out.
amrit9037: Are you talking about this guy?
This guy approached me for trade for 5 keys.
When I told him to send his key first as he had almost ZERO forum activity he refused to do trade.
Even the steam wishlist he sent me is changed now.

I am NOT saying that he is a scammer but his activity did sound suspicious.
BECAUSE THE STEAM PROFILE HE SHOWED ME WAS FROM PORTUGAL WHILE HIS GOG PROFILE IS FROM UNITED KINGDOM.

You can check my chat with him.
Well, I'm a sucker and I hate myself because I didn't find this thread before. I just gave the guy 4 keys and he disappeared after sending me a fake GOG key.
He totally is a scammer, so people be aware.
Dgaart: Well I just traded a Besiege steam key for an invalid code from SAVAGE555. I'll edit this post if it turns out to just be an error or if the situation in rectified somehow. It was only my second trade and probably my last one too. Pretty bummed out.
What a coincidence, I also made my second trade with him (and haven't made any other since that) and the results were the same. I don't like to accuse others without proof (Hanlon's razor, "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or perhaps just a mistake in this case), but it doesn't seem like I will get anything in return for my 3 Humble Bundle gift URL's (Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy).

I'm pretty new around here, so I offered him my codes first. After I had given him my gift URL's he gave me two invalid codes and was very confused that they didn't work, "But that's impossible, I just bought them from the store" he told me. I print-screened the result from GoG's redeem page, showing his codes not working, and asked him to contact GoG Support and show them that screenshot, so that they'd give him new keys or something. He hasn't responded to that. While most of our conversations have been at night, I've seen him online today in the early evening and then wrote in chat "Have you contacted GoG Support about the invalid codes?". That was almost 5 hours ago. No response yet and I'm not expecting that to change.

I was also contacted by Mctrelble, but after seeing his name on a known scammer's list and this episode with Savage555, I told him that our business was finished. For a scammer his behavior was really weird, even counter-productive. In the first message he seemed very eager, even offering to buy expensive new games in return, then didn't respond for more than 3 days. After that, he started asking which games I still had left to trade and I told him that I had already written that in an earlier chat message during his 3 days absence. Still, he kept asking what games I had traded away and which games were still there. "Dude, it's right there, read my effing messages" I felt like writing. His short, broken sentences in poor English didn't help matters either.

While I may not be too sad about losing these 3 codes, I still lost something of value and could have got a few cheap games for those codes.

At least my very first trade went well, with Ludi, who is now both my GoG and Steam friend.
Attachments:
scam.jpg (221 Kb)
Post edited November 09, 2015 by hurvl
hurvl: What a coincidence, I also made my second trade with him (and haven't made any other since that) and the results were the same. I don't like to accuse others without proof (Hanlon's razor, "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or perhaps just a mistake in this case), but it doesn't seem like I will get anything in return for my 3 Humble Bundle gift URL's (Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy).

I'm pretty new around here, so I offered him my codes first. After I had given him my gift URL's he gave me two invalid codes and was very confused that they didn't work, "But that's impossible, I just bought them from the store" he told me. I print-screened the result from GoG's redeem page, showing his codes not working, and asked him to contact GoG Support and show them that screenshot, so that they'd give him new keys or something. He hasn't responded to that. While most of our conversations have been at night, I've seen him online today in the early evening and then wrote in chat "Have you contacted GoG Support about the invalid codes?". That was almost 5 hours ago. No response yet and I'm not expecting that to change.

I was also contacted by Mctrelble, but after seeing his name on a known scammer's list and this episode with Savage555, I told him that our business was finished. For a scammer his behavior was really weird, even counter-productive. In the first message he seemed very eager, even offering to buy expensive new games in return, then didn't respond for more than 3 days. After that, he started asking which games I still had left to trade and I told him that I had already written that in an earlier chat message during his 3 days absence. Still, he kept asking what games I had traded away and which games were still there. "Dude, it's right there, read my effing messages" I felt like writing. His short, broken sentences in poor English didn't help matters either.

While I may not be too sad about losing these 3 codes, I still lost something of value and could have got a few cheap games for those codes.

At least my very first trade went well, with Ludi, who is now both my GoG and Steam friend.
Mctrelble also tried to scam me shortly after I got scammed by this Savage555 fellow, even made a fake photoshopped image to try to prove he bought a game that he obviously didn't. That Besiege key was probably my best trade bait and I could have given it to a friend or something instead of it being stolen by some jackass.
hurvl: wall of text
Dgaart: Mctrelble also tried to scam me shortly after I got scammed by this Savage555 fellow, even made a fake photoshopped image to try to prove he bought a game that he obviously didn't. That Besiege key was probably my best trade bait and I could have given it to a friend or something instead of it being stolen by some jackass.
Mctrelble just contacted me for one of my STALKERS but i said no anyway because i chose to be a bit greedy with those keys as they were full price pre-gog purchases i'm saving them promos so i can get 2 games for them

He is pretty keen 4 posts at once
Post edited November 09, 2015 by Master911
Dgaart: Mctrelble also tried to scam me shortly after I got scammed by this Savage555 fellow, even made a fake photoshopped image to try to prove he bought a game that he obviously didn't. That Besiege key was probably my best trade bait and I could have given it to a friend or something instead of it being stolen by some jackass.
Master911: Mctrelble just contacted me for one of my STALKERS but i said no anyway because i chose to be a bit greedy with those keys as they were full price pre-gog purchases i'm saving them promos so i can get 2 games for them

He is pretty keen 4 posts at once
Well, I'm glad I checked this thread. I was going to ask about Mctrelble and if anyone had been successful in trading with him (or her). Now, for a dumb question: How does one gracefully end a trade discussion?
deleted
phaolo: Ignore Tauto please, he's a scammer supporter and mass dereps people.

i have evidence. or i had them. those puppies were delicious with honey mustard on top.
docbear1975: Now, for a dumb question: How does one gracefully end a trade discussion?
Dick pics
Attachments:
pic.gif (24 Kb)
Post edited November 09, 2015 by OneFiercePuppy
docbear1975: Now, for a dumb question: How does one gracefully end a trade discussion?
OneFiercePuppy: Dick pics
OFP - how the heck are you negative rep? Sheesh, the NES alts have been working overtime in their basement lairs...
amrit9037: Are you talking about this guy?
This guy approached me for trade for 5 keys.
When I told him to send his key first as he had almost ZERO forum activity he refused to do trade.
Even the steam wishlist he sent me is changed now.

I am NOT saying that he is a scammer but his activity did sound suspicious.
BECAUSE THE STEAM PROFILE HE SHOWED ME WAS FROM PORTUGAL WHILE HIS GOG PROFILE IS FROM UNITED KINGDOM.

You can check my chat with him.
Interesting... Beast_Hunter27 changed his Steam profile name so it can no longer be found... wily scammer to be sure...
Post edited November 09, 2015 by Momo1991
Momo1991: OFP - how the heck are you negative rep? Sheesh, the NES alts have been working overtime in their basement lairs...
My rep matches my temperament, now. I was never SunshineButterflyPuppy, after all XD

I don't mind. I was briefly miffed by the notion that if I got derepped into negatives, I wouldn't be able to post links, attach pics, and do my usual hidden-text-in-malfirmed-URL-tags thing. But GOG changed the rep requirement for linking, so who cares? Maybe it'll underflow in a few years ;)

-65533....-65534...-65535....65535...65534... ^_^

[url= Honestly, I think if I lost the ability to hide text like this, THAT would be what finally incentivized me to batch create a couple hundred alt accounts, macro up a login/uprep/logoff script, and botswarm nes and his alt army. Maybe. I am a network nerd professionally, after all, and we sort of have a legally-enforced standard of conduct. Plus I'm really lazy. That works against me doing stuff like that, too :P ][/url]
Momo1991: OFP - how the heck are you negative rep? Sheesh, the NES alts have been working overtime in their basement lairs...
OneFiercePuppy: My rep matches my temperament, now. I was never SunshineButterflyPuppy, after all XD

I don't mind. I was briefly miffed by the notion that if I got derepped into negatives, I wouldn't be able to post links, attach pics, and do my usual hidden-text-in-malfirmed-URL-tags thing. But GOG changed the rep requirement for linking, so who cares? Maybe it'll underflow in a few years ;)

[url= Honestly, I think if I lost the ability to hide text like this, THAT would be what finally incentivized me to batch create a couple hundred alt accounts, macro up a login/uprep/logoff script, and botswarm nes and his alt army. Maybe. I am a network nerd professionally, after all, and we sort of have a legally-enforced standard of conduct. Plus I'm really lazy. That works against me doing stuff like that, too :P ][/url]
LOL! Thanks for the funny reply. [url= Personally I don't care about rep anymore - and those that spend any amount of time focusing on it are not playing games...and having fun is just too much fun for me to miss out on. My personal motto is that life is short, eat dessert first - well sorta. Dessert is out but playing is still in - so yeah, have some Momo hugs :-)][/url]
Momo1991: Interesting... Beast_Hunter27 changed his Steam profile name so it can no longer be found... wily scammer to be sure...
I think he changed his steam profile name because I WAS SENDING HIM FRIEND REQUEST EVERY HOUR AND HE GOT ANNOYED.
I send friend request to 10 of his random friends.
One of them added me.
I asked him to just ask Beast_Hunter27 that if his GOG profile name is SAVAGE555.
He removed me without answering.

SAVAGE555 is a scammer but Beast_Hunter27 and his friend is JUST A DICK.

Btw if anyone wants to contact him I have got his steam id. :D

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987773302
OneFiercePuppy: ...
I have got an Idea.
Why don't we just ask ADALIABOOKS to make a greese monkey script that will either hide rep or put it on what ever we want.
I know others will still be able to see original rep but atleast we won't get bothered from rep attacks.
Post edited November 09, 2015 by amrit9037
low rated
OneFiercePuppy: My rep matches my temperament, now. I was never SunshineButterflyPuppy, after all XD

oh, i can still attach images?
Attachments: