It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DaCostaBR: A passing reader might read his bold claims and their accompanying source and take them at face value, without ever checking his source, or verifying the sources behind the articles he posts, and come out misinformed. I believe this to be deceitful, insidious, and even dangerous.
Oh come on now, the internet is far, far worse.

And there is nothing in this thread that is insidious or dangerous.
Shadowstalker16: snip
DaCostaBR: That was pretty mild as far as this forum is concerned, but sure, I'll remove any personal attacks.
I was talking to everyone in general, didn't even see your post :D
low rated
rtcvb32: In case you haven't noticed, Germany is doing heavy censoring of content. Arresting people and wanting to push 52 Million euro fines for anyone speaking out on what they don't want? It's just another way to legalize censorship and push away free speech, and silence criticism.
It is proposed to fine companies like google, facebook or twitter with those sums for continued refusal to comply with German constitutional law. As these triple digit billion companies don't even pay proper taxes for doing business in Germany, the very least they could do is to keep the stuff that's been outlawed for 70 years — for a very good reason — off their obscenely privacy breaching platforms. Or to directly address the ridiculous "descent into fascism" claim on the pitiful conspiracy headline only website you linked to: The law that makes those comments unconstitutional was literally the way OUT OF fascism.
low rated
Shadowstalker16: Also, what will it take to discredit Alex Jones for you? The guy predicts some sort of apocalypse every 2 weeks and nothing happens. Fool you once, shame on him but not being even slightly doubtful of what he says after all he's said is beyond unreasonable.
I'd say the issue is mostly the discredit on gog.com. If the code of conduct has a rule against fake ("knowingly false") news, but sets the bar beneath Alex Jones and his cronies, then it means that either these rules mean nothing in practice (please go on spamming any other "knowingly false" claim you feel like, the rule against it is not being implemented at all) or that it takes more to discredit these rants to gog itself (please go on spamming any other "knowingly false" claim you feel like, gog can't make the difference).

If a rule is set up against fake news or deliberate falsehood propagation, Alex Jones shouldn't be a borderline case. It should be the canary in the coal mine. It's the very archetype of "knowingly false". If not, well, I'd be very curious to see exemples of what gog considers as "knowingly false", and why it got a mention in its rules.

Anyway. Bottom line is :

Whatever your opinion on Infowars and Alex Jones, this is the level of "truth" that gog condones. So, you know, feel free to post accordingly. Just don't lie more blatantly than that. Or hey, maybe you can. So far, we don't know of any limit.
low rated
Shadowstalker16: Also, what will it take to discredit Alex Jones for you? The guy predicts some sort of apocalypse every 2 weeks and nothing happens.
Telika: Whatever your opinion on Infowars and Alex Jones, this is the level of "truth" that gog condones. So, you know, feel free to post accordingly. Just don't lie more blatantly than that. Or hey, maybe you can. So far, we don't know of any limit.
I can't say I ever heard him make a apocalypse prediction every 2 weeks, and I listened for 4 months straight before taking a break.

I haven't seen him say anything that would outright discredit him. If anything he covers things the media is actively ignoring, making him 10x more credible. The current media is a 24/7 bash trump fest (more or less is how it seems).
Shadowstalker16: Also, what will it take to discredit Alex Jones for you? The guy predicts some sort of apocalypse every 2 weeks and nothing happens. Fool you once, shame on him but not being even slightly doubtful of what he says after all he's said is beyond unreasonable.
Telika: I'd say the issue is mostly the discredit on gog.com. If the code of conduct has a rule against fake ("knowingly false") news, but sets the bar beneath Alex Jones and his cronies, then it means that either these rules mean nothing in practice (please go on spamming any other "knowingly false" claim you feel like, the rule against it is not being implemented at all) or that it takes more to discredit these rants to gog itself (please go on spamming any other "knowingly false" claim you feel like, gog can't make the difference).

If a rule is set up against fake news or deliberate falsehood propagation, Alex Jones shouldn't be a borderline case. It should be the canary in the coal mine. It's the very archetype of "knowingly false". If not, well, I'd be very curious to see exemples of what gog considers as "knowingly false", and why it got a mention in its rules.

Anyway. Bottom line is :

Whatever your opinion on Infowars and Alex Jones, this is the level of "truth" that gog condones. So, you know, feel free to post accordingly. Just don't lie more blatantly than that. Or hey, maybe you can. So far, we don't know of any limit.
You're really very similar to Jones: he utilizes hyperbole and exaggeration, and so do you.

The problem here is his world view clashes with your world view, and while yours may be closer to reality than his is, it's far from being perfectly objective.

Jones, in truth, is preferable to the mainstream media outlets because he is very blatant when it comes to sensationalism and self-promotion; the MSM, on the other hand, is considerably less obvious.
Post edited March 18, 2017 by richlind33
low rated
richlind33: the MSM, the other hand, is considerably less obvious.
And MSM have resorted to blatant outright lying, lying by omission and cutting content in a way that fit more towards their agenda and narrative.
richlind33: the MSM, the other hand, is considerably less obvious.
rtcvb32: And MSM have resorted to blatant outright lying, lying by omission and cutting content in a way that fit more towards their agenda and narrative.
A good example that comes to mind was CNN's alteration of the 911 recording re the Trayvon Martin shooting.
Post edited March 18, 2017 by richlind33
Telika: Whatever your opinion on Infowars and Alex Jones, this is the level of "truth" that gog condones. So, you know, feel free to post accordingly. Just don't lie more blatantly than that. Or hey, maybe you can. So far, we don't know of any limit.
rtcvb32: I can't say I ever heard him make a apocalypse prediction every 2 weeks, and I listened for 4 months straight before taking a break.

I haven't seen him say anything that would outright discredit him. If anything he covers things the media is actively ignoring, making him 10x more credible. The current media is a 24/7 bash trump fest (more or less is how it seems).
How many WW3 predictions? Saying that we're on the brink of war or something. It doesn't need to be the apocalypse, what about anything major that he has predicted and not happened?

Most of what he says has never been proven; isn't that discrediting? Just because the msm lies doesn't mean AJ doing so is OK. They're both leeching from the same lack of their audience's critical thinking.
low rated
richlind33: Jones: he utilizes hyperbole and exaggeration
Mixing up the stylistic and the factual won't help you understand the problem with fake news.
richlind33: You're really very similar to Jones: he utilizes hyperbole and exaggeration, and so do you.

The problem here is his world view clashes with your world view, and while yours may be closer to reality than his is, it's far from being perfectly objective.

Jones, in truth, is preferable to the mainstream media outlets because he is very blatant when it comes to sensationalism and self-promotion; the MSM, on the other hand, is considerably less obvious.
I...don't get how that makes it better. You openly admit that Jones has a viewpoint far from reality, he hikes it up with sensationalism and self-promotion, and he's still somehow better? Being open about craziness doesn't somehow make something less crazy. That's like a serial killer being open about the fact he murders people. Yeah, sure, that's noble and all, but he's still killing people.
Even if you want to assume that Jones is more accurate than mainstream media despite his lies or inaccuracies, then why not use a different media source that ISN'T mainstream media but also isn't as bonkers as Jones is?
Many of his predictions seem to have been untrue : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=failed+alex+jones+predictions
low rated
Shadowstalker16: How many WW3 predictions? Saying that we're on the brink of war or something. It doesn't need to be the apocalypse, what about anything major that he has predicted and not happened?
Couldn't tell you. Only that there's a tenseness and a possibility, not a certainty of it. Multiple times in the last few months Jones has said we are closer to a hot Nuclear war than we were since the cold war, from analysts and newpaper articles from experts. Those however aren't AJ's opinions.

If I have to garnish a guess, there's 3 possibilities (the 4th thankfully no longer an option) of WW3. As it stands:

1) If North Korea intends to attack. In which case we might do a pre-emptive strike to deal with them and this assumes China jumps in to back North Korea.
2) China decides to attack/start Nuclear war (because... ??)
3) We are forcefully pulled into a war with Russia, likely through a NATO agreement and/or false flags. (However Russia is unlikely to be the instigator).

Will we enter a Nuclear war? I hope not. Things could still be peaceful, but it's not an Apocalypse prediction, only the state of the world as it is and how it could go there.
rtcvb32: And MSM have resorted to blatant outright lying, lying by omission and cutting content in a way that fit more towards their agenda and narrative.
richlind33: A good example that comes to mind was CNN's alteration of the 911 recording re the Trayvon Martin shooting.
Yep.

Just yesterday I watched the 3/16 Spicer press meeting where for 30 minutes he was explaining over and over again to CNN reporters how they were not covering details that are publicly known and previously answered regarding the wiretap/russia story because it didn't' fit their narrative; Then IMMEDIATELY following they played a tiny segment and went on to 'debunk' him not covering at all what he said about them not covering details.
Post edited March 18, 2017 by rtcvb32
Shadowstalker16: How many WW3 predictions? Saying that we're on the brink of war or something. It doesn't need to be the apocalypse, what about anything major that he has predicted and not happened?
rtcvb32: Couldn't tell you. Only that there's a tenseness and a possibility, not a certainty of it. Multiple times in the last few months Jones has said we are closer to a hot Nuclear war than we were since the cold war, from analysts and newpaper articles from experts. Those however aren't AJ's opinions.

If I have to garnish a guess, there's 3 possibilities (the 4th thankfully no longer an option) of WW3. As it stands:

1) If North Korea intends to attack. In which case we might do a pre-emptive strike to deal with them and this assumes China jumps in to back North Korea.
2) China decides to attack/start Nuclear war (because... ??)
3) We are forcefully pulled into a war with Russia, likely through a NATO agreement and/or false flags. (However Russia is unlikely to be the instigator).

Will we enter a Nuclear war? I hope not. Things could still be peaceful, but it's not an Apocalypse prediction, only the state of the world as it is and how it could go there.
richlind33: A good example that comes to mind was CNN's alteration of the 911 recording re the Trayvon Martin shooting.
rtcvb32: Yep.

Just yesterday I watched the 3/16 Spicer press meeting where for 30 minutes he was explaining over and over again to CNN reporters how they were not covering details that are publicly known and previously answered regarding the wiretap/russia story because it didn't' fit their narrative; Then IMMEDIATELY following they played a tiny segment and went on to 'debunk' him not covering at all what he said about them not covering details.
Yeah, but none of that happened. They were featured as credible sources by him weren't they? What about the pizzagate thing? He is even more unreliable than mainstream news.
low rated
Shadowstalker16: Yeah, but none of that happened. They were featured as credible sources by him weren't they? What about the pizzagate thing? He is even more unreliable than mainstream news.
None of what happened? WW3? The possibility is there.

As for Pizzagate? Someone else covered/theorized it, AJ just reported on it. And CNN/MSM sensationalized it.

Ben Swann did cover it on his show, only covering known confirmed facts. Good summary, it's worth a watch. Curiously his channel is missing now.

Reality Check with Ben Swann
Post edited March 18, 2017 by rtcvb32