It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
Matruchus:
I didn't know that OBI has stores in Slovenia. Interesting.
high rated
kbnrylaec: You ignore all those legal issues and bug reports, and claimed that feedback are positive.
Now I know why GOG become worse and worse. You just do not want to communicate.
Lexor: It's called "PR talk". That's normal nowadays (sadly).
It's not even good PR talk. Good PR shouldn't exacerbate the situation.
high rated
elcook: Taking it all into account, we decided to tweak a bit the Profiles settings, and add another option to the Privacy settings - from now on you can entirely turn off your profile on GOG, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This will also mean, that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
YES! Thank you!

One question though: what is the default setting? Is it 'public', 'friends only', 'only me' or 'off'?
For the reasons discussed here in depth, it should be 'only me' or 'off'. Otherwise you're still sharing data of unaware customers without their consent.
mk47at: I didn't know that OBI has stores in Slovenia. Interesting.
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obi_(store)]Wikipedia[/url])

EDIT: GOG and it's linking system...
Hopefully this link works better:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obi
-> go to OBI (store)
Post edited April 30, 2018 by classic-gamer
Matruchus:
It has 8 big stores in all regions of the country. Basically covering them all.
Post edited April 30, 2018 by Matruchus
Matruchus: It has 8 big stores in all regions. Basically covering them all.
Yes, that's the only part that I've understood when I looked at the webpage without understanding the language. ;-)
I'm kicking myself for not being a politician. I knew the masses were easy to manipulate & placate, but I really had no idea.

I'd begin my career right now, but surely my past will catch up with me eventually. And by past, I mean last week.
Matruchus:
Oh, Obi is big. Doesn't even the pope pray once a year for them and blesses them with "Urbi et OBI"? ;-)
elcook: Taking it all into account, we decided to tweak a bit the Profiles settings, and add another option to the Privacy settings - from now on you can entirely turn off your profile on GOG, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This will also mean, that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
Lifthrasil: YES! Thank you!

One question though: what is the default setting? Is it 'public', 'friends only', 'only me' or 'off'?
For the reasons discussed here in depth, it should be 'only me' or 'off'. Otherwise you're still sharing data of unaware customers without their consent.
Your profile is enabled by default (only me, friends, users, depending what you choose).
You need to opt OUT ...
Post edited April 30, 2018 by Duncan27
tfishell: ... Do you know or have the connections to know how to create an online store? ...
Trilarion: I have never done that myself but I think it cannot be that hard. [...]
Having spoken to someone that has done this before, I have two answers on the topic:
1) As long as someone has prior programming experience whipping up an online store is actually not very hard. Books on the topic (PHP & MySQL) even seem to use this as a common example for beginners as it touches many aspects one would use in other projects.
2) But: This. creating a store is no big deal, but creating a store with plenty of features takes a bit longer... People who promise to do unpaid labor will be unreliable and stop showing up after a while, so you will either have to do it alone and work your ass off or start a business and pay a small team of professionals with work experience in the field who won't waste everybody's time with rooky mistakes. You'll have to enforce some sort of documentation process, or you will find that those people are irreplaceable after they've left your project for a better job. So if you want to be better than GOG you either need funds or a looot of time. And self employment is stressful.
2a) Alternatively you can approach a freelancer with your drawings and writings, say "This project is what I want. This is what I'll pay for it once the job is done." and hope that they don't bail out or bleed you dry (financially) because both of you keep adding new rules to the contract.

GOG's initial approach seemed pretty good: Develop a good game*, thereby show other devs that you understand them and then offer them to sell their games at better conditions than they would get on Steam. And then offer customers something, other stores don't. Good ethics alone aren't enough, but they might take you a good part of the way.

Best of luck either way.

* You know. Simply "develop a good game". ;)
Lifthrasil: YES! Thank you!

.................... without their consent.

yes... thats why Steam changed it :D .... seems they got some 'warning' or wanted to prevent a warning with all the FB going on :D ( "But we already have that Senator" ) check the videos of the hearing.... very entertaining
low rated
I think that introducing profiles and achivements is the way to go. Keep up the good work.
high rated
floppybird: I think that introducing profiles and achivements is the way to go. Keep up the good work.
Good afternoon, Mr. Boztix.
gamesfreak64: yes... thats why Steam changed it :D .... seems they got some 'warning' or wanted to prevent a warning with all the FB going on :D ( "But we already have that Senator" ) check the videos of the hearing.... very entertaining
If you listen to the rumors it would seem that the real reason why they did it had nothing to do with GDPR or even with FB hearing but was caused by publisher pressure because public profiles allowed tools like Steamspy to release sales information they didn't want to disclose.
high rated
Neato. Though I don't mind having a profile.

Next time, maybe a quick "We're taking your feedback into consideration" would go a long way, eh?