It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Activity Feed • Gameplay Stats • Personalization

UPDATE: We've added a new option to the Privacy settings in GOG Profiles - from now on you can turn off your profile on GOG entirely, so no one can see any kind of information that is shown on the profile page. This also means that when you turn off your profile, you won’t be visible on your friends’ friends lists, even if they decide to keep their profiles visible.
The option to enable/disable your GOG Profile can be found in your account „Privacy & Settings” options, under „Privacy” tab.

We just introduced a new feature on GOG.COM: User Profiles – a social way to share what you and your friends are up to. See what your friends on GOG are playing, achieving, and sharing across four sections – Feed, Profile, Games and Friends.

Your Feed is the centerpiece of your Profile. Here, you’ll see which games your friends have been playing, all sorts of achievements and milestones, as well as general thoughts, screenshots, and forum activity. You can dispense your approval at whim and share your own stuff as well!

Your Profile is all about you and your gaming accomplishments. It's a summary of your activity, like the time you've spent in your games , your latest achievements (and just how rare they are among other users), as well as a glimpse at what your most active friends have been up to.

If you want to know more about your Games, you need to hit the the third tab. It contains a list of all the games you own on GOG, together with stats like time spent in-game and your progress towards unlocking the achievements. Sort the list, compare stats with your friends, and get some healthy competition going.

Finally – your Friends: get a general summary of their achievements and hours played. Here you'll also see which games are the most popular among your friends right now, so you can join them in multiplayer or find something you might enjoy yourself.

Of course, your profile comes with some sweet personalization options, choose a wallpaper from your game collection and share a few words with the world.

User Profiles are available for all GOG.COM users. Your personal gameplay stats like achievements, time played and milestones depend on GOG Galaxy, but if you’re not using the optional client you can still use the feed, post in it and interact with your friends.

Launching profiles also means adding new privacy settings on our end. You'll find three new Privacy options in your account's „Privacy & settings” area. These settings allow you to set the visibility for your profile summary, your games, your friends, etc.
So what are you waiting for? There's so much room for activities!
gamesfreak64: Who asked for these profiles btw ? :D
HeartsAndRainbows: The community wish for Public GOG profiles had 1,275 votes on the day the update rolled out. In the defense of those well meaning users I would like to point out that none of them left comments like "And make sure it's all switched on by default. Get effed privacy lovers!" or "Make it mandatory to show at least the number of games as well as the nonexistent Galaxy data, so everyone can see what a failure GOG Galaxy is..."
On the contrary: The word "optional" is quite common throughout the years worth of comments and even the person who created the wish added "Optional of course." back in 2012.

*COUGH!*

That being said, I'm reasonably sure that the implementation of this feature had nothing to do with the wishes of our community or the community wishlist. But I'd say it was convenient that there was an existing wish for it in order to make that data publicly accessible.

[Edit:]
To what end, I'm not sure really. Maybe it was a case of industrial sabotage. ;) Wouldn't that be nice... :(
So 1275 asked for it ? i have seen games being asked for 10K or so and NEVER honoured theserequest...
so it does seem that wishlist is only for things that can be realised and most important that are also liked and wished by staff :D
So if a wishlist had 300 people asking for which is near to nothing BUT staff likes it, it will be fullfilled?
Does a true wishlist work like that ? Its like asking your Govt for better pensions cause they wont listen, but if you ask the govt something they like they will gladly make sure it will be there.

Anyway.... seems they are not listening that well to the community i guess ( sighes)....
Here's a screenshot:
Attachments:
Jarmo: Ok, now how can I delete this feature?
You can't.
john_hatcher: Just push and hold "on/off" button and press "volume down". Then release both buttons and a screenshot sould have been created.
Thank you! That worked. :)
low rated
Jarmo: Ok, now how can I delete this feature?
Lifthrasil: You can't.
Delete your account.
high rated
PaterAlf: Here's a screenshot:
Don't worry. They'll get around to 'fixing' this so that they display all the information on mobile devices too!
gamesfreak64: Thats weird cause when logged in i can still see the number of games from many profiles , unless they have set that to show, i can still see your number of games, did you set them to be public ? everyhing else says it its private
but the number of games show.
My profile and my game list is set to "GOG.com friends", my friend list is set to "only me". So it's indeed weird.
jesujej: Some of you proudly show your location but get angry when they show some random numbers in your profile for everyone to see? I don't get it.
Guess why we show our location ? unless they silently changed the list there is NO option other then too choose other among the countries list... and other is usally used for location one is not certain where it belongs maybe because they 'clock it' or use vpn or something else to (partiall) obscure the tracking :D

Steam can set seperate things to private : like : Country DO NOT DISPLAY

My basic details:Public

Your profile name and avatar are visible to anyone who visits your profile and are used to represent you in multiplayer games.
My profile:Private
Your community profile includes your profile summary, friends list, badges, Steam Level, showcases, comments, and group membership.

It also includes the following elements which you can control individually:

Game details:Private
This category includes the list of all games on your Steam account, games you’ve wishlisted, your achievements and your playtime. This setting also controls whether you’re seen as "in-game" and the title of the game you are playing.
Inventory:Private
Your inventory includes items you've received in games that use Steam Trading. It also includes any Steam Trading Cards you've collected and extra copies or Steam Gifts.
Can post comments on my profile:Private
Screenshots & workshop Items:Per-Item
Your Screenshots and Workshop Items have privacy settings per-item. Visit an item's page to change its privacy settings.
Post edited April 30, 2018 by gamesfreak64
high rated
gamesfreak64: Will it come DRM free ? if its DRM free i guess it might be okay XD
Yup. DRM-free non-DRM online protection. A GOG exclusive feature.

And you can bet there will be customers who will thank them for it.
high rated
jesujej: Some of you proudly show your location but get angry when they show some random numbers in your profile for everyone to see? I don't get it.
If you did your homework you would see that you can change your country as and when you want to any country you like. There is no telling that a person is from the country given. The other data showing however is impossible to change, alter or restrict. There is a difference. Anyways, just pop your credit card number on here, its just a random number isn't it.
gamesfreak64: Will it come DRM free ? if its DRM free i guess it might be okay XD
Dalthnock: Yup. DRM-free non-DRM online protection. A GOG exclusive feature.

Ah thanks, now i can relax again knowing that the part of the program that will check me if i own all the games will be at least DRM free , this is the best news ever , thanks again ...
I show my location because I don't want people to think I'm American, German or French. Or, perish the thought(crime), British!
nightcraw1er.488: If you did your homework you would see that you can change your country as and when you want to any country you like. There is no telling that a person is from the country given. The other data showing however is impossible to change, alter or restrict. There is a difference. Anyways, just pop your credit card number on here, its just a random number isn't it.
cards allow tracking and locating, why do you think prepaid exists ?
high rated
Dalthnock: Yup. DRM-free non-DRM online protection. A GOG exclusive feature.

And others who don't like the 'feature' but will fervently defend that it totally isn't DRM!
Trilarion: basically just a registration fee and and some paperwork and you are free to start.
You'll need a few hundred quid each year to have your annual accounts prepared (at least that was the case years ago when I had a small limited company).

Sure, that should be in the noise once you're actually up and running and generating profit, but it's needed regardless.

With an online business with payments, I'd imagine there are quite a few nightmares to handle, e.g. GDPR compliance...