It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Not having much rep sucks hahaha
drmike: I would suggest contacting the Witcher folks as well. While it;s the same company as GoG, it;s different teams and not connected.
1) The site you linked to IS from the "Witcher folks" meaning CDPR.
2) They are not completely unconnected. GOG is downstairs while CDPR is upstairs.
Post edited February 15, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Probably not a chance since it is clearly stated on their site:
Thank you. Again, I was blocked from the site so I couldn't see that.

But thank you for pointing that out. :)
MarkoH01: Probably not a chance since it is clearly stated on their site:
drmike: Thank you. Again, I was blocked from the site so I couldn't see that.

But thank you for pointing that out. :)
You meant well but unfortunately in this case there's probably no way.
MarkoH01: You meant well but unfortunately in this case there's probably no way.
Unfortunately.
I thank his effort though, was worth the try!

But as I said, I can live without The Witcher for now, but I'm really willing to trade my GOG key for Steam stuff :x
hahaha
MarkoH01: You meant well but unfortunately in this case there's probably no way.
Zaronios: Unfortunately.
I thank his effort though, was worth the try!

But as I said, I can live without The Witcher for now, but I'm really willing to trade my GOG key for Steam stuff :x
hahaha
Have you tried offering your GOG key in the Steam forum as well?
MarkoH01: Have you tried offering your GOG key in the Steam forum as well?
On the Steam Trade chat, yeah I did.
They have this policy where you can't talk about non-steam stuff on the forum itself, so you have to use the group chat only... I've been trying for the past days, but being honest, I never saw anyone else get a trade done using the chat :/ so I feel it's quite hopeless there.
MarkoH01: Have you tried offering your GOG key in the Steam forum as well?
Zaronios: On the Steam Trade chat, yeah I did.
They have this policy where you can't talk about non-steam stuff on the forum itself, so you have to use the group chat only... I've been trying for the past days, but being honest, I never saw anyone else get a trade done using the chat :/ so I feel it's quite hopeless there.
My recommendation would be to abandon Steam not GOG. They really SHOW how much they like their customers and how much freedom they offer. GOG is so superior in this.Their only policy regarding the forums basically is "be nice to each other" :)
MarkoH01: My recommendation would be to abandon Steam not GOG. They really SHOW how much they like their customers and how much freedom they offer. GOG is so superior in this.Their only policy regarding the forums basically is "be nice to each other" :)
Well, the thing about my "problem" with GOG is that I'm not abandoning anything, you know? I got like 140+ games on Steam now and only a really old offline one on GOG that I Aced already. I don't want to start anything anywhere else, be it GOG or Origin or Microsoft Store or any other one (if there is haha).
I'm satisfied with Steam and I don't ever use it's Forums or groups so I don't care much about how Steam think about me. :/
I never had any purchase problems there, never needed a refund, so I really got nothing to complain about.
I like my stuff to be in one place, virtually and in real life haha.
Zaronios: I never had any purchase problems there, never needed a refund, so I really got nothing to complain about.
I like my stuff to be in one place, virtually and in real life haha.
I understand your side. But you never worried about the little problem that Steam could shut you out from all of your games? Believe me, DRM-free is a totally different feeling than being Steam dependent or Origindependend or anything dependent :) I also have several games on Steam (mostly those I am not able to buy here) but I decided to buy as many here on GOG and slowly neglect Steam. It just gives me a much better feeling and knowing I support the right guys (yes, I know they are not perfect but at least they treat me well and give me DRM-free games for my money because they trust me).
MarkoH01: I understand your side. But you never worried about the little problem that Steam could shut you out from all of your games?
Well, truth be said, I never thought about it. I mean, not in the way of "worrying" about it. I just don't believe it's going to happen. At least not anytime soon.

About DRM-Free, it does sounds tempting but it's not a "must have" in my life, and if I'm not wrong, it would only be "free" as long as it's single player, no? You'd still need a service to link/find servers for multiplayer games. - I'm not an expert about those, correct me if I'm wrong :) -
Zaronios: About DRM-Free, it does sounds tempting but it's not a "must have" in my life, and if I'm not wrong, it would only be "free" as long as it's single player, no? You'd still need a service to link/find servers for multiplayer games. - I'm not an expert about those, correct me if I'm wrong :) -
That's in fact normally the case. Afaik it's possible to play MP without having to connect to a client but since I am really not into MP at all I don't know enough about this. Still I am glad that everytime I want to play a GOG game I WILL be able to do that (as long as my PC is not broken ;)). It happened several times that Steams Servers had problems shutting me out from my paid games just because I could not access my account at all (Single Player game btw).
MarkoH01: Still I am glad that everytime I want to play a GOG game I WILL be able to do that (as long as my PC is not broken ;)). It happened several times that Steams Servers had problems shutting me out from my paid games just because I could not access my account at all (Single Player game btw).
I can't say 'I know how's that' because I really don't. I never had any problems with Steam and I hope it will stay like that hahaha.
But indeed it sucks when, sometimes I just want to play the bloody game in offline mode, yet I still need to be logged in Steam, but as most things in life... shits we gotta deal with to live the way we want. Hahahah

But as I said, it's not that I'm against GOG by any means, I just don't want to have to use it because a single game, and I really could make use of the games I'm willing to trade for my Witcher's key XD
Zaronios: But as I said, it's not that I'm against GOG by any means, I just don't want to have to use it because a single game, and I really could make use of the games I'm willing to trade for my Witcher's key XD
Like I said - I completely understand what you are saying.
MarkoH01: Like I said - I completely understand what you are saying.
Yep. So help me out :P hahahaha