It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
!!! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING !!!

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (see below)

Where can I find Galaxy logs on my computer?
On Windows 7 or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Mac OS X: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- throttling max download speed is not yet possible
- notifications related to incoming chat messages and friend requests does not always disappear instantly when consumed and may require reloading Store page
- games imported from existing installations will auto-update once, even if updating is disabled
- Moving Galaxy from /Applications on Mac OS X will stop the app from working
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer
Post edited October 03, 2016 by Liosan
high rated
Hi Everyone,

Below you can find the changelog of GOG Galaxy.

Changelog 1.1.15 (September 7th, 2016):
Changes / Improvements:
• Added Wallet button in dropdown menu under user's avatar
• Performance improvements on UI speed and a little on CPU usage
• Enabled copying text in Galaxy forums
• History will now remember only the 100 most recent pages in history
Bugfixes:
• Fix for "Disk access problem" bug, which broke installation and updates of games. (Bug happened on Windows only, but general mechanism is better on OS X as well)
• Fix for Verify/Repair, which did not work in some scenarios (The above bug for example)
• Fix for "Server problem" while downloading backup installers or other goodies. They will now work, even if temporary download folder is same as destination folder
• Fixed situations in which Store page sometimes did not load properly after waking up computer

Changelog 1.1.16 (September 19th, 2016):
Improvements:
• Galaxy now supports H.264 codecs
• Much better handling of paying using third party processors (PayPal, paysafecard etc.)
• Friends and chat window now scale with the system scaling factor
• New and prettier GOG Eula will be used in games
• Better handling of loading timeouts

Bugfixes:
• "INSTALLED" label will appear all pages of the library now
• Fixed a bug with game time tracking for some games. Galaxy will now register more than one minute:)
• Fixed a bug in which Galaxy in rare cases could not be able to update the game (bug rather existed in rollbacks)
• Galaxy will no longer show a little bit of bare code upon launching
• Fixed blurred images in sidebar expanded list mode

Changelog 1.1.17(hotfix September 20th, 2016):
• Fixed crashes and 'Disk Access Problem' caused by updating Galaxy from 1.1.12 (and earlier versions) to 1.1.16

Changelog 1.1.18 (October 19th, 2016):
Improvements:
• More accurate game time tracking mechanism
• Improved mechanism showing current online status between friends

Bugfixes:
• Fixed a bug which caused Galaxy to stop tracking game time

Changelog 1.1.19 (October 25th, 2016):
Improvements:
• We have removed download size from Galaxy updater. It showed faulty data, as Galaxy Updater doesn't download > 100mb each time and only downloads differences. It will come back in nearest future, when it will show correct data:)
• The first check for game updates will be done 15s after Galaxy starts, instead of 5 minutes.
• OSX: Improved mechanism responsible for removing old files left by Galaxy updates
• OSX: Improved the way Galaxy handles installing games into protected locations like /Applications; you will receive a password prompt about a "Helper tool" installation

Bugfixes:
• Fixed "Essential components missing" error which sometimes appeared after fresh installation
• Fixed a situation where failure in Updater could lead to Galaxy not being able to launch
• Fixed self-update on OSX to properly delete leftover files
• Fixed friends window losing functionality after network loss and reconnect
• Fixed blurry Windows 10 Galaxy tray icon
• Galaxy will remember maximised window status

Changelog 1.1.20(November 2nd, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Fixed installing XNA4 and other msi-based dependencies.
• Store page won't be reloaded twice upon logging in

Changelog: 1.1.21 (November 17th, 2016)
Improvements / changes:
• Added "with preview updates" suffix to Galaxy window title
• Small optimizations with memory and Galaxy loading time
• Small improvements with updater, it should fail less

Bugfixes:
• Fixed a bug with Galaxy refreshing pages
• Fixed occasional crashes

Changelog 1.1.22 (November 22nd, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Galaxy will no longer freeze when downloading a game update and checking another game in library
• Galaxy should crash even less now:)

Changelog 1.1.23 (November 28th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Galaxy will be now able to reconnect to internet correctly, if computer was put to sleep and then woken up without (initially) Internet connection
• Downloading of games/updates should have less impact on starting other installations

Changelog 1.1.24(December 6th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Downloading an installer with Galaxy and using it to install the game should not result in redownloading the whole game again
• Updater should no longer report over 100% progress on download

Adjustments:
• Increased timeout for failures during sign in
• Increased timeout for "Loading Timeout"

Changelog 1.1.25 (December 20th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Fixed a crash when trying to install certain games (Game affected was 1979 Revolution: Black Friday).

Changelog 1.1.26 (December 23rd, 2016, Preview only)
Changes:
• Introduced new downloading mechanism

Changelog 1.1.27 (January 26th, 2017, Preview)
Bugfixes:
• Aborting or pausing downloads will be smoother (They will stop faster)
• Pausing downloads will no longer cause memory usage to go super high

Changelog 1.1.27 (January 31th, 2017)
Changes:
• Introduced new downloading mechanism
Bugfixes:
• Aborting or pausing downloads will be smoother (They will stop faster)
• Pausing downloads will no longer cause memory usage to go super high

Changelog 1.1.28 (March 10th, 2017)
Changes / Improvements:
- Better support for differential patches. They are now seperate depending on game's language and system bitness
- Italian & Japanese partial support + more Spanish translations
- Improved checking for new available updates of the games
- We'll sort available DLCs alphabetically
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a crash when Galaxy doesn't have permissions to the logs directory
- Fixed showing empty grey page after a while of inactivity
- Fixed infinite spinner after going to support page
- Fixed displaying of prices in cart when they were over 999 (Bug caused by a comma in the price)
- MacOS: Popup windows (for example chat) will no longer open as a tab but as a separate window instead
- MacOS: Fixed memory leak (~30MB upon GOG Galaxy launch)
- MacOS: Fixed memory leak while playing a game

Changelog 1.1.29 (March 14nd, 2017)
Changes:
- Changes in downloading mechanism, which allows for better control over download's flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed displaying progress of differential patches (It did not display the "Extracting" status)

Changelog 1.1.30 (March 16th, 2017)
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a crash within games downloading mechanism

== PREVIEW UPDATES* ===

HOW TO ENABLE PREVIEWS?
Go to your Galaxy settings and check the option to receive preview updates.

HOW TO DISABLE PREVIEW?
- Uninstall Galaxy
- Download current installer from gog.com/galaxy
- Install Galaxy
- Import your games

Changelog 1.2.0 (March 22nd, 2017)
Changes and improvements:
- Cloud saves backup and syncing (supported games only)
- Screenshot capture with F12 (supported games only)
- In-game overlay with FPS counter and notifications (supported games only)
- Greatly improved chat, also in overlay
- Ability to enable or disable achievements, game time tracking, auto-updating games and more
- Desktop and in-game notifications system
- Ability to set bandwidth limit and scheduler
- New settings window
- Rarity information in achievements
- Abort button next to installation status
- Only one Galaxy Updater window will be shown in most cases
- GOG Galaxy updates will be downloaded in the background
- Games are now downloaded directly to their install directory, instead of a temporary location
- Galaxy changelog is displayed in Galaxy

Bugfixes:
- Fixed game time tracking issues
- Initial size of Galaxy Client window will respect Windows scaling
- Improved Windows 10 Galaxy tray icon
- Fixed a bug which caused Galaxy to redownload whole data in case of a failure of installation/update
- Thumbnail highlighting in media gallery now works properly
- Decreased client's network and CPU usage (especially for a lot of games)
- MacOS: Fixed situation when Galaxy Client could downloading due to App Nap
- MacOS: Fixed crash when logging out with "New post" popup open
- MacOS: Fixed game processes not being properly cleaned up after exiting
Post edited March 22, 2017 by TheTomasz
high rated
For everyone who has a problem with missing api-ms-crt dlls in Client's versions post 1.1.5:
Please install one of those windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118401
You may need to update Windows to meet the requirements for these:
For Windows 8.1 and for Windows Server 2012: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2919355
For Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/976932

You can also try reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables 2015 (x86) if you meet above requirements.
Available here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If above instructions doesn't work for you, create a separate issue on mantis.gog.com and we'll try to help you individually.

Please note that this solution only helps with the missing api-ms-crt dlls.

========================================================================================

Answering this question: Why 1.1 doesn't work after updating to 1.2?

This is happening probably due to incompatible database from version 1.2, please delete this folder:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GOG.com\Galaxy\storage
usually
C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\storage\

Then you'll have to use scan&import (menu under the top Galaxy logo) function to see your games back in Galaxy Client.
Attachments:
Post edited March 27, 2017 by TheTomasz
ikrananka: So what happens when I select "Manual" updates thereby preventing Galaxy from downloading (and installing?) the additional data? Do I lose the additional Galaxy features for that game?

What would be nice, at least, is for Galaxy to show you how much additional data will be downloaded and giving you the option of approving the download or not, i.e. add an option to the automatic updater that you can select to be prompted to confirm the download rather than doing it silently in the background.
There's a catch-22 on that. You can't select "manual" updates until after Galaxy has already sync'd with the server at least once more or less. I believe that is currently "by design", and I think it is also why we have a greyed-out non-changeable global "auto-updates" checkbox in Galaxy's settings pane.

I get the idea that when a game is installed Galaxy wants to both download the deps for it and update it atomically. The deps make sense but updating should be able to be disabled BEFORE it happens. On another note, it never made complete sense to me to download deps automatically when a game is installed via standalone installers because aren't they included *inside* the standalone installers, and if they're not are they really "standalone"? I don't know the answer to that for sure, but I think perhaps Galaxy can't tell the difference between a game installed via standalone installer that may have already installed DirectX or whatever, and a copy of the game that might have been installed previously by Galaxy and gotten detached from Galaxy somehow (such as editing the game's Galaxy JSON config file and making a JSON error which then has the file rejected and falls out of your installed library).

I think you nailed it though, it would be nice to be able to have Galaxy pop up to ask you to confirm it is ok to do what it thinks it wants to do such as download deps or updates, and if not then to optimize itself so that it does the absolute minimum number of things like that as possible and also minimizes the amount of both network bandwidth usage per game as well as minimizing the amount of local disk space usage for deps or other metadata. I've seen some games require hundreds of megs or even over a gig of metadata downloaded. I chalk it off to inefficiency that will get sorted out over time, but it is still sometimes disconcerting.

Another major problem I've spoken about before but which some people experience and don't realize and may get upset about...

When you have Galaxy running and install a game manually from standalone installer which has additional patches that have to be installed manually to update the game - you have a problem. You plan to install the game, then install the patches and maybe the DLC and the patches for the DLC, etc. But what actually happens is that you install the game, at the end of install the installer invokes a command to inform Galaxy it just installed the game. Galaxy gets that signal and reads the games .info file and imports it into your Galaxy installed library. It then immediately syncs to the Galaxy servers and starts downloading DirectX or whatever other deps the game is flagged to have, whether or not you actually need them. It also compares the game on-disk with the current version of the game on Galaxy. Since you installed an old version of the game it isn't current. Since Galaxy forces auto-updates on you by default and you can't turn them off ahead of time it automatically starts downloading the latest version of the game often telling you it is about to download 5 billion terabytes and you have a heart attack. While it is doing this you might however not even be looking at Galaxy running in the background and you might be installing the patches by hand which is potentially awesome if you're patching the game at the same time Galaxy is doing it. You end up with a totally fucked up mess. :)

So I learned the hard way that one should ALWAYS completely exit Galaxy when installing ANY GAME via standalone installer, then patch the game, install the DLC or whatever. It will still notify Galaxy it got installed, but Galaxy isn't running then so it doesn't download the universe and step all over your toes. When you do fire up Galaxy after, it will still do the game sync but now your game should be fully up to date. That is unless you purposefully want to run a less than current version, in which case good luck with that. :)

The option you suggest to have manual confirmation of any automatic doings would sure be nice though even if it is an interim hack. :) It might prevent the problems I just described also. In fairness to GOG though too, this described problem would be a tough one to solve as Galaxy couldn't easily know or predict whether one has the patches already or not and if so whether they planned to install them or not, at least not without a neural interface to one's brain. :)
skeletonbow: I don't think the design of Galaxy is stupid, but rather it is currently incomplete both in terms of features and optimization due to the beta status. Some of these things will naturally get better over time. For example, there are only a handful of 3rd party redistributables that are commonly used with multitudes of games.
I am quite show that the redistributables are modtly not the reason for the additional downloads (which sometimes take several GB!). I can also only say something about the Galaxy I know and not about the Galaxy which may or may not come (afaik Galaxy is in beta for years now - so how long should I wait before making my judgement?). It may also help if GOG stuff would tell me what you suggested (that they plan to stop additional downloads) but in fact the only thing they said so far is that this is the way Galaxy is working. As I said: I can only talk about now and in the state I see Galaxy now the backup installers don't fulfill what I'd think they'd do.
MarkoH01: I am quite show that the redistributables are modtly not the reason for the additional downloads (which sometimes take several GB!). I can also only say something about the Galaxy I know and not about the Galaxy which may or may not come (afaik Galaxy is in beta for years now - so how long should I wait before making my judgement?). It may also help if GOG stuff would tell me what you suggested (that they plan to stop additional downloads) but in fact the only thing they said so far is that this is the way Galaxy is working. As I said: I can only talk about now and in the state I see Galaxy now the backup installers don't fulfill what I'd think they'd do.
I dunno, Google for example has a habit of revealing new products as "beta" and keeping them labelled as such for years before removing the beta tag. Gmail being one of the most obvious examples. It turned out well in the end all things considered. GOG is no Google, but they're at least a GOGgle. :) I think people can and should make judgment whenever they feel like it, but the more patient someone is the more likely they'll be happier with the results I think. If the current client was dubbed "stable" then any judgments someone has of it and what it intends to be would be much more validated, but we're dealing with an in-development moving target that really isn't what it intends to be yet either. At the same time it is important for people to express their thoughts and feelings about what they'd like to see it be and do, and where they think it currently fails at meeting that, as that ultimately helps GOG I believe to prioritize things and potentially to possibly spot flaws in the design or approach they're taking and perhaps massage things based on feedback. Ultimately that's part of what having an open beta is all about afterall anyway. :)

So far since beta release we've mostly been seeing smaller incremental improvements, but we haven't gotten major release drops to date for the most part. Once they release a major milestone bump and some updates to fix the inevitable roughness it is likely to show and it smooths out over a few revisions I think we'll get a better idea as to where things are going. Right now it is hardly a mature platform by any stretch of the imagination but that will change over time.

Steam had its rough times in the past too. Nowadays Steam development is practically as smooth as silk IMHO. I have regularly used the Steam beta client for 2+ years more or less and been shocked and surprised at how stable and reliable it is for example. Valve updates it anywhere from once every 3 days to several times a day, and rarely does it have any visible bugs of any non-trivial nature at all, and when it does have issues they usually fix it and push an update in mere hours or a day or so. You almost never encounter bugs with Steam beta in practice, or at least I almost never do in the years I've been using it. It's more stable and reliable than most company's stable software is after many updates. I only wish other companies would have the level of quality control and release management like Valve does with Steam client. But it takes years for a product and a development team to get to that point I believe too. I think GOG will get there some day too, but it didn't happen for Valve over night either, it took years.
When is GOGConnect will be embed into Galaxy? i'm tired to waiting this happen. And will this happen at all or not?
Poljak: When is GOGConnect will be embed into Galaxy? i'm tired to waiting this happen. And will this happen at all or not?
You should be able to use GOG Connect through Galaxy once you navigate to the correct page, but there are no games currently available through GOG Connect. What kind of embedding do you mean?
Poljak: When is GOGConnect will be embed into Galaxy? i'm tired to waiting this happen. And will this happen at all or not?
JMich: You should be able to use GOG Connect through Galaxy once you navigate to the correct page, but there are no games currently available through GOG Connect. What kind of embedding do you mean?
I mean the place within your ID name's pop down windows. It wiil be nice and easy to use.
asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf
Ok, it seems I can actually post in this thread so I'm going to say it here. GOG's forums are broken. There are a couple of other threads I tried to reply to someone who said something to me and my post just got eaten completely. I lost two replies to people and if I post in the "what did just break" thread right now my post does not appear no matter how short or long it is or what it contains. I just posted "asdfasfasdfasdfasdf" there too and it did not appear. No URLs in it, nothing antispam would shit bricks for, just a normal every day post like all of us post every day. Posts do not get through. No it isn't my antivirus nor my firewall, nor my web browser nor Adalia nor Barefoot or any other bullshit on my side. I've tried in Firefox, CHrome and Galaxy client. I can somehow post here in this thread and in a few others but not in "what did just break 2.0" and other threads at complete random with no discernible pattern to it. It's something that just started happening lately in the last week on random threads very rarely.

Again, this is RARE, so most likely most people are NOT having it happen and will say "works for me, I don't have that problem" and I'm happy for them. But it's happening for me suddenly this week a few times now and it is a real huge piss off if you write a well thought out response to someone and it gets eaten for no apparent f'ing reason. Especially annoying if you put some time and effort into it and have a few paragraphs or more. The forums just eat your damn post with zero explanation and zero way of saving your text.

Even if it was some kind of antispam, or "you can only post N characters per minute/hour/day" limit or some shit like that, which I don't think it is as it has never happened before - blindly discarding people's data is completely disrespecting of their time spent typing it out. If people have to write everything they want to say into a text editor and save it locally to disk first to ensure it isn't just thrown into the bitbucket by an antispam algorithm that doesn't even give the courtesy of an error message and way of preserving the message, or if it is just blindly lost into the abyss due to buggy code or something, that is pretty damned frustrating. You only use something like that so many times until you want to punch something and just stop using it entirely.

WTF

Update: Magically, 20 minutes or so later my posts went through and appeared. So they didn't actually get eaten it seems, but nonetheless the user experience of submitting something and it does not show up is going to make every person that experiences that feel "what the f" for all the effort they put into what they typed and feel they had a bad user experience at the very least and a "I want to punch someone's dog in the face" on the other end of the scale. I'm just saying.
Post edited September 09, 2016 by skeletonbow
It would be cool if the window stays maximized after I close it. It starts minimized.
ralphunreal: It would be cool if the window stays maximized after I close it. It starts minimized.
Same here. I think GOG has said it shouldn't do that but.. it does. There's an open bug report for it. Don't think they've got enough data yet from us who experience it to repro it though.

For me, the steps to reproduce are:

1) Install Galaxy on Windows 7 64bit
2) Start Galaxy client
3) Maximize it
4) Exit it completely.
5) Start Galaxy client and watch as it opens non-maximized.

Does it on every computer I've tried so far, but apparently none at GOG.com :)
Post edited September 09, 2016 by skeletonbow
skeletonbow: asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf
Ok, it seems I can actually post in this thread so I'm going to say it here. GOG's forums are broken. There are a couple of other threads I tried to reply to someone who said something to me and my post just got eaten completely. I lost two replies to people and if I post in the "what did just break" thread right now my post does not appear no matter how short or long it is or what it contains. [. . .]
I assume one of the replies was directed to me? I saw the reply icon so I went to the last page to see the new post(s), but there was nothing new. It also bumped the thread to the top, so even though it didn't apparently post something, it still sent a notification to update the time someone last posted on. I can now see your reply, but there wasn't a reply icon as if I had already read the message, so it seems like it remembers invisible stuff.

I witnessed a similar thing a few days ago: it wasn't a reply but it said that there was a few minutes old post in a thread, but nothing when I actually went there.

skeletonbow: Update: Magically, 20 minutes or so later my posts went through and appeared. So they didn't actually get eaten it seems, but nonetheless the user experience of submitting something and it does not show up is going to make every person that experiences that feel "what the f" for all the effort they put into what they typed and feel they had a bad user experience at the very least and a "I want to punch someone's dog in the face" on the other end of the scale. I'm just saying.
Don't do that! Punch the person, instead! :@
Tyrrhia: I assume one of the replies was directed to me? I saw the reply icon so I went to the last page to see the new post(s), but there was nothing new. It also bumped the thread to the top, so even though it didn't apparently post something, it still sent a notification to update the time someone last posted on. I can now see your reply, but there wasn't a reply icon as if I had already read the message, so it seems like it remembers invisible stuff.

I witnessed a similar thing a few days ago: it wasn't a reply but it said that there was a few minutes old post in a thread, but nothing when I actually went there.

Don't do that! Punch the person, instead! :@
Yeah, I've never knowingly noticed the problem before but apparently it happens all of the time... go figure.

Naw, I like people... but then I like dogs too. Let's make a compromise, I'll punch someone's cat instead. :oP
Tyrrhia: Don't do that! Punch the person, instead! :@
skeletonbow: Naw, I like people... but then I like dogs too. Let's make a compromise, I'll punch someone's cat instead. :oP
No! Don't punch any animal! :(
Tyrrhia: No! Don't punch any animal! :(
It's a figure of speech. :)
Tyrrhia: No! Don't punch any animal! :(
skeletonbow: It's a figure of speech. :)
I figured you weren't being serious. ;)
Tyrrhia: I figured you weren't being serious. ;)
But I do hate cats for the record. :)