It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Re: Rain World, their latest update on Kickstarter confirms that backers will get keys for Steam or GOG. :D

What it doesn't confirm is the supported OSs on release. They talk abot the 'PC version', which could be Windows-only or the whole Windows/Mac/Linux trinity. The Steam page only listing Windows doesn't exactly fill me with confindence, though...
Well, that was quick! I just got a Humble key which includes some downloadable goodies and the option of a Steam or a GOG key. I of course chose the latter and I now have a new item in my GOG library. An empty new item, which will allegedly be filled in on Tuesday.

PS: The library entry is also listed as Windows-only. :\
Since I see The-Business is not around and I don't think anyone has mentioned them before, I see two new companies in the catalog:
-> Videocult -> for Rain World
-> Zadbox Entertainment -> for Quern

I'm not a game release detective, just a regular API stalker, so I'll let others comment on what incoming games these might link to :).

Edit: Nevermind, see above. Nothing new to see here, move along.
Post edited March 27, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
It's official: no Mac nor Linux versions on release. :(

...the engine and everything else is 100% custom, and moving that from DX11 to OpenGL is still a time consuming process, especially since Rain World has hundreds of custom shaders and textures that will need to be fitted.
Any bets on whether they'll be able to get all their custom stuff ported to OpenGL?
Post edited March 27, 2017 by muntdefems
The trailer for Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition mentions GOG in its description. No release date as of yet.
Post edited March 28, 2017 by Grargar
muntdefems: It's official: no Mac nor Linux versions on release. :(

...the engine and everything else is 100% custom, and moving that from DX11 to OpenGL is still a time consuming process, especially since Rain World has hundreds of custom shaders and textures that will need to be fitted.
muntdefems: Any bets on whether they'll be able to get all their custom stuff ported to OpenGL?
No idea but they mention that they are hitting PlayStation 4 as well as windows, I'm not familiar with what PS4's tech is like but I doubt its too DX11 like so its not like they are totally inexperienced.
high rated
THQ Nordic has "Red Faction: Guerilla - Uncut Edition" de-indexed in germany, a release here should be incoming in a few weeks or months. :)
Post edited March 29, 2017 by Anime-BlackWolf
Anime-BlackWolf: THQ Nordic has "Red Faction: Guerilla - Uncut Edition" de-indexed in germany, a release here should be incoming in a few weeks or months. :)
That would be awesome! I hope it's sooner rather than later.
Anime-BlackWolf: THQ Nordic has "Red Faction: Guerilla - Uncut Edition" de-indexed in germany, a release here should be incoming in a few weeks or months. :)
That would be a nice addition along with Armageddon, but it's still not an actual confirmation.
Assuming that it isn't just another more weird story in the development of this game (or myth) it seems Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar has finally reached Steam's Greenlight. The dev says it'll be sold on GOG too.

As with all things Grimoire-related one must be very cautious. No-one clearly knows where the lies end and the truth begins :P
Anyway, here's the[url= https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/grimoire_heralds_of_the_winged_exemplar?pp=cb4e5208b4cd87268b208e49452ed6e8 9a68e0b8] Wishlist entry[/url].
karnak1: Assuming that it isn't just another more weird story in the development of this game (or myth) it seems Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar has finally reached Steam's Greenlight. The dev says it'll be sold on GOG too.

As with all things Grimoire-related one must be very cautious. No-one clearly knows where the lies end and the truth begins :P
Anyway, here's the[url= https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/grimoire_heralds_of_the_winged_exemplar?pp=cb4e5208b4cd87268b208e49452ed6e8 9a68e0b8] Wishlist entry[/url].
To quote a famous movie: IT'S ALIVE!
Thanks for the info, this is the one other big Nordic release that i'm waiting for to hit gog.

Also, vote for it here people: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/red_faction_guerrilla
mistermumbles: That would be a nice addition along with Armageddon, but it's still not an actual confirmation.
Correct. But a de-indexing is quite expensive, so there are plans for making the game available for germans again.

If germany gets the game today, the whole world will get the game today, since only being sold over the internet.

So a release here and ... on the other shop... should be their next target.
Anime-BlackWolf: Correct. But a de-indexing is quite expensive, so there are plans for making the game available for germans again.

If germany gets the game today, the whole world will get the game today, since only being sold over the internet.

The game was already on Steam and that (uncensored) version was never region locked for Germans as evidenced by the unblocking of the Red Faction Collection on the 7th March - slightly after Red Faction II was unblocked over there.
Anime-BlackWolf: Correct. But a de-indexing is quite expensive, so there are plans for making the game available for germans again.

Here is a pattern I have noticed; shortly after the removal of Red Faction from the index, it was released on the PS4. Red Faction 2 (which was also removed from the index weeks ago) will also be released on the PS4. If Nordic went to the expensive route of removing Red Faction Guerrilla from the index, I woukdn't be surprised if their end goal was mostly to release the game on PS4 as well (as they have done and will do with other of their properties).

As for a release here, well, ThomNG has commented in the past that they would first need to create a DRM-Free Edition, since the game never had one in the first place. And since the latest version uses Steamworks for a number of stuff, we might end up getting an inferior version, if Nordic isn't willing to work with Galaxy.
Post edited March 30, 2017 by Grargar