It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My wild guess on the release of more WB Interactive Enterntainment games on GOG would be, that it will only happen after a new owner for the company and/or its IPs is found.
Post edited September 09, 2020 by Ueber
Or they're maybe just saving whatever is still in the release pipeline (Arkham, F.E.A.R. 3, Mortal Kombat, Mad Max, Injustice, Lollipop Chainsaw, LOTR, etc) to coincide for sales at the end of October and December respectively.
Ueber: My wild guess on the release of more WB Interactive Enterntainment games on GOG would be, that it will only happen after a new owner for the company and/or its Ps is found.
There won't be a new owner. The deal is off.
https://www.ign.com/articles/att-no-longer-looking-to-sell-warner-bros-interactive-gaming-division-batman-suicide-squad-mortal-kombat-harry-potter

And as always, whenever an AAA game hasn't been released here, remember that GOG was not, is not, and will never be a priority for big publishers. GOG is so low on the list that it's far easier to get said games on a cheap bundle than bring them here.
bluethief: Do we have some kind of info to know if this is a thing on GOG's side or the if it's on the publisher or both?

I mean, why do we have F.E.A.R. 1 and 2 here, but not 3 for example? The game's old enough, if that's a criteria.
Maybe GOG rejected it, because it's not a good game.
bluethief: Do we have some kind of info to know if this is a thing on GOG's side or the if it's on the publisher or both?

I mean, why do we have F.E.A.R. 1 and 2 here, but not 3 for example? The game's old enough, if that's a criteria.
seppelfred: Maybe GOG rejected it, because it's not a good game.
I doubt it. I mean GOG sells Soldier of Fortune: Payback which is considered a bad game overall. F.E.A.R. 3 is worse than the previous two, sure, but is much better than Payback.
Swedrami: (Arkham, F.E.A.R. 3, Mortal Kombat, Mad Max, Injustice, Lollipop Chainsaw, LOTR, etc)
Lollipop Chainsaw was never ported to computers so unless there's some remaster/remake, we won't see it.

And as I said before, I hope the GOG staff would give priority to any other game before F3AR.

I'm still trusting the Arkhams will find their way here, eventually.
Maybe F3ER'S co-op mode is a problem. They'd have to make it playable via Galaxy or something, because F3ER isn't the greatest SP-only experience, especially compared to the other games in the series.

But, sure, I'd like to have it here, if only for completeness' sake.
I feel like the only games GoG is getting were ones that were timed Epic exclusives and really small indie studios. I'm a bit upset Xseed Games isn't releasing their newer titles here with the exception of Ys. Bullet Witch is still not here either.
comicbookguy90: I feel like the only games GoG is getting were ones that were timed Epic exclusives and really small indie studios. I'm a bit upset Xseed Games isn't releasing their newer titles here with the exception of Ys. Bullet Witch is still not here either.
Probably gog rejected bullet witch because it is avaliable drm-free on humblebundle...Also I believe it is not xseed because all Falcom gamres are here but the ones developed by "Marvelous Inc." are not published here. Probably sakuna of rice will not be on gog.
comicbookguy90: I feel like the only games GoG is getting were ones that were timed Epic exclusives and really small indie studios. I'm a bit upset Xseed Games isn't releasing their newer titles here with the exception of Ys. Bullet Witch is still not here either.
alexandros050: Probably gog rejected bullet witch because it is avaliable drm-free on humblebundle...Also I believe it is not xseed because all Falcom gamres are here but the ones developed by "Marvelous Inc." are not published here. Probably sakuna of rice will not be on gog.
Ugh you're right. It's all the games by that developer, even though the publisher has games here.

The other Marvelous games aren't here:

Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy
Skullgirls[23]
Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming (developed by Opus)
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
Bullet Witch[24]
God Eater 3
Doraemon Story of Seasons (Developed by Marvelous in collaboration with Brownies; Published by Bandai Namco in all regions)
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
Daemon X Machina
bluethief: I mean, why do we have F.E.A.R. 1 and 2 here, but not 3 for example? The game's old enough, if that's a criteria.
Most likely reason is:

Steamworks integration. FEAR1 & 2 had non steamworks versions which only needed SecuROM to be nixed, FEAR3 had steamworks baked in from inception. Given there was no GOG steam 'wrapper' until recently it would be too much work to unpick all the integrations. And as others have said while the first game especially is a classic of its kind F3 was not well regarded by fans so there isn't much demand except from completionists.
Truth437: I'm really hoping GOG has multiple big-time AAA and indie releases lined up before the end of the GOG Winter Sale.
comicbookguy90: I feel like the only games GoG is getting were ones that were timed Epic exclusives and really small indie studios.
Similar to what Grargar said, most AAA studios don't give a crap about GOG, since GOG is significantly smaller than Steam and co.; but we are at least getting new games from publishers like THQNordic/Deep Silver and Devolver Digital and bigger "indie" studios, and old games from Ziggurat. And Control is coming up soon. (none of these games interest me personally but they're not a small deal either)

IMO, generally only expect maybe a couple AAA games a year, if that. (Seemingly even old AAA games won't be showing up anytime soon.) If someone wants the latest big-budget titles they'll have to go elsewhere usually. (Honestly I don't know how GOG got Bethesda and Square Enix to release more games here earlier this year, it'd be interesting to learn how that came about. Maybe Covid had the publishers so worried and so incredibly desperate they'd even release on GOG?)

Phasmid: Most likely reason is:

Steamworks integration. FEAR1 & 2 had non steamworks versions which only needed SecuROM to be nixed, FEAR3 had steamworks baked in from inception. Given there was no GOG steam 'wrapper' until recently it would be too much work to unpick all the integrations.
If Dead Island uses Steamworks maybe that's why it isn't here yet and may never show up.

Could that also suggest there'll be a whole generation of "good old games" that will never come to GOG, at least ones that used Steamworks?
Post edited September 10, 2020 by tfishell
tfishell: If Dead Island uses Steamworks maybe that's why it isn't here yet and may never show up.

Could that also suggest there'll be a whole generation of "good old games" that will never come to GOG, at least ones that used Steamworks?
I don't know the technical details but supposedly the newer previously steam integrated games like Prey or Bioshock Infinite released here are still the steam version but have a GOG designed wrapper that catches steamworks calls, hence them being released here. That would be the background to getting more steamworks releases, and suggest that most steamworks games could at least theoretically come here so long as they aren't MP (none of the recently released ex-steamworks games have MP enabled so far as I'm aware).

Don't think there would be any intrinsic reason not to get Dead Island assuming the wrapper exists and works with minimal intervention. I have heard that the relationship between Deep Silver and Techland is not particularly good though which may be a factor.
comicbookguy90: I feel like the only games GoG is getting were ones that were timed Epic exclusives and really small indie studios.
tfishell: Similar to what Grargar said, most AAA studios don't give a crap about GOG, since GOG is significantly smaller than Steam and co.; but we are at least getting new games from publishers like THQNordic/Deep Silver and Devolver Digital and bigger "indie" studios, and old games from Ziggurat. And Control is coming up soon. (none of these games interest me personally but they're not a small deal either)

IMO, generally only expect maybe a couple AAA games a year, if that. (Seemingly even old AAA games won't be showing up anytime soon.) If someone wants the latest big-budget titles they'll have to go elsewhere usually. (Honestly I don't know how GOG got Bethesda and Square Enix to release more games here earlier this year, it'd be interesting to learn how that came about. Maybe Covid had the publishers so worried and so incredibly desperate they'd even release on GOG?)

Steamworks integration. FEAR1 & 2 had non steamworks versions which only needed SecuROM to be nixed, FEAR3 had steamworks baked in from inception. Given there was no GOG steam 'wrapper' until recently it would be too much work to unpick all the integrations.
tfishell: If Dead Island uses Steamworks maybe that's why it isn't here yet and may never show up.

As far as I know the most well known studios that publish new games here are:
-THQ Nordic/Deep Silver
-Adult Swim Games (Samurai Jack is drm free on Epic)
-Xseed Games/Nihon Falcom
-SNK
-DotEmu (except Wind Jammers 2 isnt listed)

Control I think is 505 Games which seems to release new games here and there. Team17 would be similar to them and they own Worms.
Post edited September 10, 2020 by comicbookguy90
bluethief: I mean, why do we have F.E.A.R. 1 and 2 here, but not 3 for example? The game's old enough, if that's a criteria.

Steamworks integration. FEAR1 & 2 had non steamworks versions which only needed SecuROM to be nixed, FEAR3 had steamworks baked in from inception. Given there was no GOG steam 'wrapper' until recently it would be too much work to unpick all the integrations. And as others have said while the first game especially is a classic of its kind F3 was not well regarded by fans so there isn't much demand except from completionists.
a bit off-topic but FEAR 3 gets way more flak than it deserves. The game isn't nearly as good as the previous games but it's still a fun, fast-paced and action packed FPS that is well worth playing. Those who hates it really oughta give it a second try, they might be surprised.