It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So let's recap,

From out of all the games of the current roster I need to differentiate between what I want, what I can afford, and what I will actually play.

Starting from the back, the last one is easy, that's almost none. I do have free time but I always seem to squander it.
Which impacts directly on what I can afford, if I'm not going to play something I really don't want to spend too much money on it.
And lastly we have what I actually want. Which isn't that long either.

The Ys games
Hyper Dimension Neptunia
Pillars of Eternity
Two Worlds II
Vanishing of Ethan Carter
The Wolf among us
Darksiders
Rayman Origins.

Okay, Pillars is a bit on the high value side so that one is out.
The weeabo (japanese) games are nicely discounted, if a bit on the upper range of what I can spend. They're a vague maybe, and I could only get one of them.
Vanishing and Wolf are in the same price range and they're not so much games as slightly interactive stories.
Darksiders I only have a passing interest in it. I've heard it's a game I might like. The same thing with Rayman Origins.

There are others of course but they suffer from the same problems as PoE. They're all too highly priced. I'd love to try stuff like sunless sea, but I know I won't play it enough, and the price is a bit steep (to be honest the prices are ridiculously low compared to what we used to pay back in the day. But I'm both spoiled and I have little to spend).

So help me decide, oh followers of Fred who dwell in his lower instestine!

Also I'm currently and very seriously considering heading off to HB for Dreamfall alone.
OK, that got really involved but I'm back. Can't believe it's repeats already.
EndreWhiteMane: OK, that got really involved but I'm back. Can't believe it's repeats already.
*big hug* It is already third round...
j0ekerr:
I can wholeheartedly recommend The Wolf Among Us. I enjoyed every second of it.
EndreWhiteMane: OK, that got really involved but I'm back. Can't believe it's repeats already.
Welcome back.
Involved as in personal? Hope it wasn't anything with unnecessary drama.
Yezemin: I can wholeheartedly recommend The Wolf Among Us. I enjoyed every second of it.
I'm a long time fan of the comic. I got the first chapter on the xbox for free during a promo, and liked it. But it's not really a game is it?
j0ekerr: I'm a long time fan of the comic. I got the first chapter on the xbox for free during a promo, and liked it. But it's not really a game is it?
As you said it's more of an interactive story, but it captures the feeling of the comic really well.
j0ekerr:
I'd say to go for Pillars. It's got a ton of content, even at retail price. At a heavy discount, it's worth it.
CarrionCrow: I'd say to go for Pillars. It's got a ton of content, even at retail price. At a heavy discount, it's worth it.
A bit on the high range though and I already have far too many games to play on my backlog.

Damnit I still haven't played a single one from my D&D bundle.

I might go with Yezemin's suggestion and get TWAU
-----
By the way, Two Worlds is cheap enough that even its mediocre interface doesn't leave you feeling scammed.
But what's the rest of the game like?
Post edited March 22, 2016 by j0ekerr
I miss anything in the last hour or so? Super secret 3 item discounts? No, maybe?
Ixamyakxim: I miss anything in the last hour or so? Super secret 3 item discounts? No, maybe?
Nope. Just repeats.
Ixamyakxim: I miss anything in the last hour or so? Super secret 3 item discounts? No, maybe?
moonshineshadow: Nope. Just repeats.
I'm getting scared. I was starting to think this would be a two day and done event. Now I'm starting to think the "oldies" section of Insomnia will BEGIN soon. Frightening - more so for you Europeans though - you're already deep into the night.
moonshineshadow: Nope. Just repeats.
Ixamyakxim: I'm getting scared. I was starting to think this would be a two day and done event. Now I'm starting to think the "oldies" section of Insomnia will BEGIN soon. Frightening - more so for you Europeans though - you're already deep into the night.
Yeah well, it is definitely a strange insomnia, already third round of the games and always these low numbers.
So I'm just gonna make a pointlessly cynical prediction: Every game I want that has been confirmed to go on sale will only pop up when I'm at work or at sleep. Not that I mind that much, my backlog is still too big!

How're y'all?
NoNewTaleToTell:
Good thanks! And don't worry - at the rate they're going, they'll loop back around by the time you wake / get off...

... or will already be gone and the sale over! This one is flying by.
NoNewTaleToTell:
Ixamyakxim: Good thanks! And don't worry - at the rate they're going, they'll loop back around by the time you wake / get off...

... or will already be gone and the sale over! This one is flying by.
Ha!, and glad to hear you're doing good!

...and I just realized that I said "at sleep"...maybe I already need to go at sleep?