It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: So, how many of you are taking part in the Secret Santa event this year? I was just curious as I realised it would effect ninja gifting in case I end up gifting you something that is on your Secret Santa list.
Looks like I haven't hugged you today.
*hugs DD*
yellow_wolf: Hello people.
A hot coffee to anyone.
What are you playng ?
Good mornoon!

Dabbling in some different games lately, after week or so of playing nothing at all. Just finished The Shivah (outstanding!) and now I'm in a couple other adventures - TeenAgent (difficult!) and Puzzle Agent (difficult in a good and fun way!) Plus, I am just about to dive back into my Shadowrun.... run. And I throw in some random bits of Terraria all the time, a bit of Volgarr if I want to punish myself, some Kingdom Rush for something casual, and World in Conflict for some nice action-strategy (I'm really enjoying that last one. I've not played anything quite like it.)

How about yourself?
moonshineshadow: I can't. My wishlist is too short :D
You could always just add some more games? :-)

But don't worry, I will be making sure you get a gift for Christmas. *big hug*

l0rdtr3k: Looks like I haven't hugged you today.
*hugs DD*
Hello, little Blob! *return hug*

How are you today? How is your eye?
ddickinson: You could always just add some more games? :-)

But don't worry, I will be making sure you get a gift for Christmas. *big hug*

Hello, little Blob! *return hug*

How are you today? How is your eye?
My eye's better and I'm doing quite well.
l0rdtr3k: My eye's better and I'm doing quite well.
That is good to hear. How are you liking the sale?
Stilton: I agree the format is a bit drab these days, but this is probably the best (most basic) way to do it. Its a shop, after all, and they're offering quite a lot of cheap games. We may even have been spoilt by the amount of things they've offered over the years. Although an insomnia now and then might liven things up a bit. Or an insomnia-style addition to the current format. A regular turnover of single limited number games with that timer/slider at the top of the front page would be interesting.
ddickinson: I wonder if they had to abandon the Insomnia format once they got a lot more customers? Maybe it was quite server intense, and with the many new customers since the launch of Galaxy and Witcher 3 and things it might be a little too much for the servers. Or maybe it was just not as profitable. But as you said, they could just add it as a little extra to the regular sale, but then that goes back to the server strain from running two kind of sales.
I've been one of the grumblers about sale format each time a new sale comes around, and although I don't like to moan too much (honestly!), I do feel they need to add a bit of life/pace/excitement at times - maybe not for every sale, but once in a while. The server issue is as much a problem as too frequent lacklustre sale events. Likewise the site's many recurring bugs. If the infrastructure was efficient they could do what they wanted with a sale and handle all the traffic that was hurled at them. The way things are is adequate, but I'd want overall performance and my place in the market to be much more than that. Some creativity is required as well as getting rid of the the technical issues for good.
ddickinson: That is good to hear. How are you liking the sale?
I already bought some games on XBL and PlayStore so I don't have money for this sale.
Stilton: Not being a Murican, I'm picturing a resolute but compassionate cowboy leading an aged horse behind the barn, both with their heads bowed, the cowboy with a rifle in his hand.

The music builds and then there's a single shot followed by dreadful silence...

But its OK, the cowboy is teaching his horse to use a gun 'cause there's no telling what might happen way out there on the prairie.

I like happy endings. :-)
AgentBirdnest: LOL... I like that ending too :-)

Well, Corina (what I named my computer, just 4 seconds ago) here is almost perfectly quiet now. I wonder if the video card fan could be just a little bit more quiet, but I don't dare dive into the monstrous fan/heatsink on that thing. That is officially beyond my technical whatzywho. The noise isn't too bothersome anyway, so I'll (continue to) let it go.
I've got to give Ethel a quick vacuum, too. She's not complaining too loudly, but I can tell she feels 'soiled' by the dust I've allowed to settle on her. And then there's Gladys on the floor behind me. I think she's sulking because I've swapped her for another, younger model. I can feel this comment getting into areas I'd rather avoid, so I'll stop now...
Stilton: I've been one of the grumblers about sale format each time a new sale comes around, and although I don't like to moan too much (honestly!), I do feel they need to add a bit of life/pace/excitement at times - maybe not for every sale, but once in a while. The server issue is as much a problem as too frequent lacklustre sale events. Likewise the site's many recurring bugs. If the infrastructure was efficient they could do what they wanted with a sale and handle all the traffic that was hurled at them. The way things are is adequate, but I'd want overall performance and my place in the market to be much more than that. Some creativity is required as well as getting rid of the the technical issues for good.
I completely agree. I was not trying to defend GOG for the site or their lack of creativity and variety in their sales, I was just wondering if the server issue and things were one of the reasons behind them not doing the Insomnia sale again. It would of course be nice to have a mix of sales, especially at this time of year when we have one big sale cut into two with a few weeks gap in between. They could easily do a special sale instead of the Fall sale, then have the regular sale for the Winter sale.

How are your Christmas preparations going so far? Do you do anything nice for Christmas with your family?

l0rdtr3k: I already bought some games on XBL and PlayStore so I don't have money for this sale.
But at least you got some new games, so that is nice.
Post edited December 03, 2015 by ddickinson
ddickinson: But I only get a few victims, you are working your way up to certified serial killer gifter with all your victims. :-)

[...]
Ha, where does one apply to become a certified SK? ;-P

ddickinson: [...]

Hmm... You could try that putting the hand in a bowl of water while they sleep thing. But I am not sure if that is true or not. :-)
Don't think I've heard of this before, do tell.

ddickinson: So, how many of you are taking part in the Secret Santa event this year? I was just curious as I realised it would effect ninja gifting in case I end up gifting you something that is on your Secret Santa list.
I say this with immense sadness, I'm afraid I'll have to abstain this year. I hoped to have a bit more time to see if I can sort out things at my end, but with the Winter Sale starting this soon, the event is already in full swing. :(

ddickinson: I wonder if they had to abandon the Insomnia format once they got a lot more customers? Maybe it was quite server intense, and with the many new customers since the launch of Galaxy and Witcher 3 and things it might be a little too much for the servers. Or maybe it was just not as profitable. But as you said, they could just add it as a little extra to the regular sale, but then that goes back to the server strain from running two kind of sales.
When your customer base grows, your infrastructure and personnel has to start growing with it.

Stilton: I agree the format is a bit drab these days, but this is probably the best (most basic) way to do it. Its a shop, after all, and they're offering quite a lot of cheap games. We may even have been spoilt by the amount of things they've offered over the years. Although an insomnia now and then might liven things up a bit. Or an insomnia-style addition to the current format. A regular turnover of single limited number games with that timer/slider at the top of the front page would be interesting.
Of course, but they could liven up things a bit, as you say. Doing the same thing over and over again, becomes quite boring, even if the deals are great.

I actually liked that thing with the three boxes they did a couple of years back during the Winter Sale, that was something fun to come back to every day, and it led to the community following it, and going into all sorts of gifting and trades.

moonshineshadow: Argh. Now you are here too? Go away. And don't even talk about nominations :P

On a serious note. Glad to have you visiting our thread again *happy wave*
*hangs head, walks out quietly*
ddickinson: I completely agree. I was not trying to defend GOG for the site or their lack of creativity and variety in their sales, I was just wondering if the server issue and things were one of the reasons behind them not doing the Insomnia sale again. It would of course be nice to have a mix of sales, especially at this time of year when we have one big sale cut into two with a few weeks gap in between. They could easily do a special sale instead of the Fall sale, then have the regular sale for the Winter sale.

How are your Christmas preparations going so far? Do you do anything nice for Christmas with your family?

But at least you got some new games, so that is nice.
Got meself both Darksiders games,Red Dead Redemption,LA Noire for the XBox and for my phone I got 3 Dragon Quest games.
moonshineshadow: Argh. Now you are here too? Go away. And don't even talk about nominations :P

On a serious note. Glad to have you visiting our thread again *happy wave*
HypersomniacLive: *hangs head, walks out quietly*
Awww. Come back and don't look so sad or I'll need to give you a comforting hug :P
HypersomniacLive: Ha, where does one apply to become a certified SK? ;-P
Just wait for the next Mafia game and hope you get that role. :-)

HypersomniacLive: Don't think I've heard of this before, do tell.
I am not sure I can, I don't know too much about it. I just know some people joke about putting a sleeping person's hand in a bowl of warm water and apparently that can make them wet themselves. But as I said, I don't know if that is true or not, or just some silly game. It would be much easier just to poor the bowl of water over them and make it look like they wet themselves. And much kinder to the victim. :-)

HypersomniacLive: I say this with immense sadness, I'm afraid I'll have to abstain this year. I hoped to have a bit more time to see if I can sort out things at my end, but with the Winter Sale starting this soon, the event is already in full swing. :(
*big comforting hug*

I am not taking part this year either. And I most likely will not anymore. I received such a lovely set of gifts last year that I would not feel right taking part again, even though I will miss gifting a secret victim.

HypersomniacLive: When your customer base grows, your infrastructure and personnel has to start growing with it.
That is completely true, and a very accurate comment. But that requires logic and financial investment, and since when do companies these days do that?
Hello Agent, Lucy, DD, ELT, moon, stilton and sorry if I missed somebody else! :) How are you guys?
l0rdtr3k: Got meself both Darksiders games,Red Dead Redemption,LA Noire for the XBox and for my phone I got 3 Dragon Quest games.
It sounds like you have a lot to keep you occupied. Which is your favourite of the games you bought?

XxXSprayvWarXxX: Hello Agent, Lucy, DD, ELT, moon, stilton and sorry if I missed somebody else! :) How are you guys?
Hello!

I am doing okay. How are you?