It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

akhliber: Good morning, folks! *hugs and waves all around*
Just fed the pup his breakfast, time to start some coffee. The lady gets home from her work trip late this evening, so I'm going to try to have the house all fancy-clean when she gets home. Having my parents over yesterday left Sarge completely spent. He gets so excited when he gets visitors that he runs around panting and wagging his tail and jumping on furniture and running around in circles until he just about passes out. So the day after company or visiting others is usually quite a relaxed one for him. I figure I'll take advantage of all the naps and get this place more under control... made a ton of progress a couple weeks back, but things could certainly be cleaner, by degrees.
I hope you're all having a lovely day!

FearfulSymmetry: Woke up this morning with a pretty bad stomach ache, and it's still lingering. And here I thought I might escape falling ill after all ...
akhliber: I hope you feel better! Seems everyone is getting sick this year, it sucks. :(

I wound up watching a couple youtube videos of Rift Mages and Knight Enchanters, and I'm glad I did... I could tell the KE's would focus a bit more on melee than casting, but I didn't realize just how much. I decided to go Rift Mage myself, as I really like to cast spells (and honestly, that's likely why I always make a mage when playing an rpg that allows it... More spells means more pretty colors!) and love that the Rift Mage can have so much control over combat. I definitely agree with you about the MMO feel of the game, and the fact that there are so many seemingly pointless side-quests really doesn't help. That was one of the things that caused me to abandon the game when The Witcher 3 was released. I tried it, and even the smallest side quests felt immersive, felt like I was in the world and not just killing ten rats and returning to so-and-so.
And it certainly doesn't stand up against Dragon Age: Origins. But all things considered, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. In fact, Sarge is already napping from the sheer exhaustion brought on by breakfast, so maybe I should fire it up again to wrap up a few more quests. :)
Hey, Carrie Fisher's back in town!

Very impressive picture - you look very fetching as a female lead :-)
GOGbears stole my account tab :-\

Posting from an in-private window works though...
AgentBirdnest: GOGbears stole my account tab :-\

Posting from an in-private window works though...
As weird as that sounds, it doesn't surprise me.

Good day, Agent :-) How's your Friday going?

Can all those present give Fearful a thunder of applause and many +1s please for some wonderfully ghastly gifting!

All hail the Fearful One!!
Post edited October 29, 2015 by Stilton
Stilton: Hey, Carrie Fisher's back in town!

Ha! It was pretty bad. I had originally planned to shave, and to use my real hair, but the wig and beard just seemed to add a little something special... ;)
Stilton: Can all those present give Fearful a thunder of applause and many +1s please for some wonderfully ghastly gifting!

Done and done. :-)

akhliber: Ha! It was pretty bad. I had originally planned to shave, and to use my real hair, but the wig and beard just seemed to add a little something special... ;)
'Special' is the right word :-)

It looks like it was fun. I liked the ghoulish trio in the background, too :-)
Stilton: Can all those present give Fearful a thunder of applause and many +1s please for some wonderfully ghastly gifting!

Done! :)

akhliber: Ha! It was pretty bad. I had originally planned to shave, and to use my real hair, but the wig and beard just seemed to add a little something special... ;)
And your wife looks lovely, too!

I tried to add that to my previous post, but got GOG's Patented 5 Minute New Page Delay instead. I suppose they aren't giving the chimps who maintain the site enough nuts these days.
Stilton: As weird as that sounds, it doesn't surprise me.

Good day, Agent :-) How's your Friday going?

Can all those present give Fearful a thunder of applause and many +1s please for some wonderfully ghastly gifting!

I'll let you know tomorrow ;-)

Sending a big bowl of applesauce right away! :-)
Stilton: And your wife looks lovely, too!

I tried to add that to my previous post, but got GOG's Patented 5 Minute New Page Delay instead. I suppose they aren't giving the chimps who maintain the site enough nuts these days.
Thanks! She was so convinced she looked "cheap" as she put hers together from thrift store finds, but I thought it worked great, and that mine was clearly the one that looked "cheap," as it was just a store bought costume. She removed the blade from a hacksaw to use the handle as her gun grip, which I thought was pretty badass. Partly because I didn't know we had a hacksaw. I'm not allowed near our tools. ;)

And yes, I'm now also getting the weird page delay business... and the pup's up and ready to get some energy out. Time to take a short walk and then play with his favorite stick a bit out back. :)
Post edited October 29, 2015 by akhliber
Good afternoon everyone :)
Stilton: And your wife looks lovely, too!

akhliber: Thanks! She was so convinced she looked "cheap" as she put hers together from thrift store finds, but I thought it worked great, and that mine was clearly the one that looked "cheap," as it was just a store bought costume. She removed the blade from a hacksaw to use the handle as her gun grip, which I thought was pretty badass. Partly because I didn't know we had a hacksaw. I'm not allowed near our tools. ;)

And yes, I'm now also getting the weird page delay business... and the pup's up and ready to get some energy out. Time to take a short walk and then play with his favorite stick a bit out back. :)
Cheap? Pah! She looks great. I love all of that improvisation to make the costume work, and using tool handles is seriously good. I made a kitchen knife in the chest once, and a wooden stake that went straight through me. The anticipation of getting togged up is sometimes better than some of the parties I've been to.
ElTerprise: Good afternoon everyone :)
Hi Elt. How's your day?
Post edited October 29, 2015 by Stilton
Stilton: Hi Elt. How's your day?
HI Stilton. Quite good. Although i'm currently bored with reading some stuff for a presentation ;)
How is your day?
ElTerprise: Good afternoon everyone :)
Hi there, a good day I hope?
I didn't sleep well. I'm not sure how you did it but it's your fault!
:-)
Stilton: Hi Elt. How's your day?
ElTerprise: HI Stilton. Quite good. Although i'm currently bored with reading some stuff for a presentation ;)
How is your day?
Pretty normal day here, with rain and rain. Which is OK because I like rain :-)