It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: *pixelated hug*
Well we will get a pixelated game today: https://www.gog.com/game/kingdom_new_lands ;)
I hope that there will be moar though :)
ElTerprise: Good morning everyone *big hugs and waves*
Good morning, ElT of Germania! *big silly hug*

How are you today, how is your ankle?

*big healing hug*

AgentBirdnest: Sounds lovely™ :-p

Speaking of which - I'm really enjoying Don't Starve, which is a rogue-lite. Or a rogue-like. Or a rogue-lite-like. Or maybe it is just a rogue that I like. :-) I'm awful at it, but it is fun anyway.
*noob hug*
So would you recommend Don't Starve? It is one I never really looked at too closely.

*big rouge hug*

ElTerprise: Well we will get a pixelated game today: https://www.gog.com/game/kingdom_new_lands ;)
Apparently they are removing the original once they launch New Lands. I wonder why they did not just release it as DLC. I am guessing so they can charge more for the new version of the game.
Post edited August 09, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: Good morning, ElT of Germania! *big silly hug*

How are you today, how is your ankle?

*big healing hug*
Good morning DD *big return hug*
I'm fine - ankle is way better today :)
How are you?

*big thank you hug*
ddickinson: Apparently they are removing the original once they launch New Lands. I wonder why they did not just release it as DLC. I am guessing so they can charge more for the new version of the game.
I found something concerning that:
Kingdom: New Lands is an expansion for Kingdom, but it's also like a sort of gold edition of the game. It will be the definitive version going forward and it will be the only version we sell from here on out. On PC, though, we'll have it set up so that you can play the original Kingdom game when purchasing New Lands if you wish. When Kingdom: New Lands launches on PC and Xbox One, it'll be priced at $14.99 / €14.99 / £11.99.
So it's basically like you said, but at least they include the original in it and the owners of the original with get New Lands for free.
Post edited August 09, 2016 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Good morning DD *big return hug*
I'm fine - ankle is way better today :)
How are you?

*big thank you hug*
That is good to hear. You really should be more careful. :-)

I am good, thank you. Do you have anything nice planned for the day?

ElTerprise: I found something concerning that:

So it's basically like you said, but at least they include the original in it and the owners of the original with get New Lands for free.
I still don't really think that justifies almost double the price for the new game, just for an expansion. It sounds like a bit of scam to me, asking for almost double the price just because it includes an expansion. That would mean they price the expansion the same as the game to justify that price. I think they have to give it as a free upgrade, if they forced their fans to re-buy the whole game at such a price there would be a lot of bad reactions. If they kept it as a DLC, then it would have been okay, but since it is a new version they can't expect people to buy it again for that price.
Well holy HECK Downfall Redux just got even more awesome! Can't say why because spoilers, but I am pleased as punch right now.
ElTerprise: Well we will get a pixelated game today: https://www.gog.com/game/kingdom_new_lands ;)
It looks interesting at least :-)

Have you (OR ANYONE :-O) tried Kingdoms? I've had my eye on it, but haven't been too sure.

Also, good mornoon :-) *big hug*
ddickinson: So would you recommend Don't Starve? It is one I never really looked at too closely.

*big rouge hug*
I don't know how to answer that :-) I'm not far enough into it to recommend it. But I really enjoy it so far, despite the difficulty. The entire game is resource gathering and crafting, so if you like that stuff, you may like it. If not, you probably won't :-p
Post edited August 09, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
ddickinson: That is good to hear. You really should be more careful. :-)

I am good, thank you. Do you have anything nice planned for the day?

I still don't really think that justifies almost double the price for the new game, just for an expansion. It sounds like a bit of scam to me, asking for almost double the price just because it includes an expansion. That would mean they price the expansion the same as the game to justify that price. I think they have to give it as a free upgrade, if they forced their fans to re-buy the whole game at such a price there would be a lot of bad reactions. If they kept it as a DLC, then it would have been okay, but since it is a new version they can't expect people to buy it again for that price.
Thank you - it happened when i was tired...

Glad to hear that. Well i have to clean my room a bit today - nothing i really look forward too, but it has to be done...

Going from 10€/$ to 15€/$ is not really almost double the price but it would've been nice to offer an upgrade option for 5€/$ nonetheless. Can i assume that the UK price has a higher price increase?
AgentBirdnest: It looks interesting at least :-)

Have you (OR ANYONE :-O) tried Kingdoms? I've had my eye on it, but haven't been too sure.

Also, good mornoon :-) *big hug*
It does - which is why i got it yesterday (only because i still had some neat store credit here ^^) but i haven't played it yet.
Good morning *big return hug*
How are you doing?
Post edited August 09, 2016 by ElTerprise
AgentBirdnest: ...
I don't know how to answer that :-) I'm not far enough into it to recommend it. But I really enjoy it so far, despite the difficulty. The entire game is resource gathering and crafting, so if you like that stuff, you may like it. If not, you probably won't :-p
Well I guess that is probably won't for me then. :-)

ElTerprise: Thank you - it happened when i was tired...

Glad to hear that. Well i have to clean my room a bit today - nothing i really look forward too, but it has to be done...

Going from 10€/$ to 15€/$ is not really almost double the price but it would've been nice to offer an upgrade option for 5€/$ nonetheless. Can i assume that the UK price has a higher price increase?
You could always just not mess up your room, then there would be nothing to clean. :-)

Well the original game card says £6.99 for me, so if it is £11.99 as you said, that would make it £5 more, so only £2 short of double the price, and I did say almost double. :-)
ddickinson: You could always just not mess up your room, then there would be nothing to clean. :-)

Well the original game card says £6.99 for me, so if it is £11.99 as you said, that would make it £5 more, so only £2 short of double the price, and I did say almost double. :-)
That would be the easy way, sure - but in this case i have to find space for some books etc. i still had in another room which also included cleaning the shelves etc...

Is that the normal price or the discounted one? If that is the normal price it's right to call it almost double the price.
ElTerprise: It does - which is why i got it yesterday (only because i still had some neat store credit here ^^) but i haven't played it yet.
Good morning *big return hug*
How are you doing?
I'm doing okay. A bit anxious, but that's nothing new. Otherwise, it is a quiet and pleasant morning.
How're things on your end, Mr T?
ElTerprise: ... but it would've been nice to offer an upgrade option for 5€/$ nonetheless.
Owners of the old game get the new one for free. So what's the point of an upgrade option?

And selling an upgraded version of a game for a higher price while removing the old version isn't uncommon. CDPR for example did the same with The Witcher 2. When they released the Enhanced Edition the price raised from $40 to $50 and the old version couldn't be bought any longer.
Downfall Redux is finished and I was one single find away from the golden ending...crud!...now I've got to replay part of a wonderful game, life sure is hard ;)
PaterAlf: Owners of the old game get the new one for free. So what's the point of an upgrade option?

And selling an upgraded version of a game for a higher price while removing the old version isn't uncommon. CDPR for example did the same with The Witcher 2. When they released the Enhanced Edition the price raised from $40 to $50 and the old version couldn't be bought any longer.
Whoops...you're totally right. An upgrade wouldn't make any sense....

Same for Whispered World if i'm not mistaken.

AgentBirdnest: I'm doing okay. A bit anxious, but that's nothing new. Otherwise, it is a quiet and pleasant morning.
How're things on your end, Mr T?
That doesn't sound too bad :)
I'm fine here.

NoNewTaleToTell: Downfall Redux is finished and I was one single find away from the golden ending...crud!...now I've got to replay part of a wonderful game, life sure is hard ;)
You played both the original and the Redux version right? I own both but i Haven't played them - should i play the original first or can skip it for the Redux?
ElTerprise: That would be the easy way, sure - but in this case i have to find space for some books etc. i still had in another room which also included cleaning the shelves etc...

Is that the normal price or the discounted one? If that is the normal price it's right to call it almost double the price.
Ah, the dreaded hunt for space for books. I have my own library, and I still have boxes of books in the basement and the attic. :-)

That is the normal price, the sales price for me is £5.99.
ddickinson: Ah, the dreaded hunt for space for books. I have my own library, and I still have boxes of books in the basement and the attic. :-)

That is the normal price, the sales price for me is £5.99.
Yes it's basically that combined with the process of getting rid of some unneeded stuff like old school books and other materials from school...

Oh i see. I think i know the reason for the higher increase. Kingdom had a negative regional pricing in UK, you had to pay less than others. This is apparently no longer the case with the new version.