It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello and good evening/other-time-of-day to you all. I hope you've all enjoyed your weekend! Been a somewhat busy one here, but home now, so probably going to get the lady fed then try to pass out myself. I hope you all have a lovely night!
akhliber: Hello and good evening/other-time-of-day to you all. I hope you've all enjoyed your weekend! Been a somewhat busy one here, but home now, so probably going to get the lady fed then try to pass out myself. I hope you all have a lovely night!
Good evening.

Slowly losing my mind at the moment, but what else is new.

I hope you and yours have a pleasant night as well. =)
CarrionCrow: Good evening.

Slowly losing my mind at the moment, but what else is new.

I hope you and yours have a pleasant night as well. =)
Hey, the fact that you still have mind to lose is pretty admirable. ;) My sleep window may have passed, but if so, I may wind up playing either some Mercenary Kings or some Baldur's Gate.

I just saw the season finale of Season 1 of Fargo... Holy hell, what a show. I don't think Season 2 is available on Hulu yet (or Netflix or Amazon Prime, far as I know... we do those instead of cable/satellite) but soon as it is, it will be on.

If the mind-losing is due to a frustrating game, I hope you are able to win some mind back once you're through whatever gaming gauntlet you've run yourself through today. :)
akhliber: Hey, the fact that you still have mind to lose is pretty admirable. ;) My sleep window may have passed, but if so, I may wind up playing either some Mercenary Kings or some Baldur's Gate.

I just saw the season finale of Season 1 of Fargo... Holy hell, what a show. I don't think Season 2 is available on Hulu yet (or Netflix or Amazon Prime, far as I know... we do those instead of cable/satellite) but soon as it is, it will be on.

If the mind-losing is due to a frustrating game, I hope you are able to win some mind back once you're through whatever gaming gauntlet you've run yourself through today. :)
I have a few chunks left here and there. Try to keep them intact for a rainy day. ;)

Both good choices. As a bonus, you can switch to Mercenary Kings if the heavy dialogue and talking to everyone gets old, then switch back to Baldur's Gate when the game tries to kick your teeth in.

Yeah, that's one of the best shows I've seen in a while. Can't really remember enjoying one so much since I first watched Breaking Bad.
Season 2 is also quite good. It's different, but still well done.

I frigging wish it was a game causing it. Have spent roughly 6 and a half hours burning discs, and I still have a couple dozen left to do.
CarrionCrow: I have a few chunks left here and there. Try to keep them intact for a rainy day. ;)

Both good choices. As a bonus, you can switch to Mercenary Kings if the heavy dialogue and talking to everyone gets old, then switch back to Baldur's Gate when the game tries to kick your teeth in.

Yeah, that's one of the best shows I've seen in a while. Can't really remember enjoying one so much since I first watched Breaking Bad.
Season 2 is also quite good. It's different, but still well done.

I frigging wish it was a game causing it. Have spent roughly 6 and a half hours burning discs, and I still have a couple dozen left to do.
The idea of the back-and-forth between BG and Mercenary Kings actually makes quite good sense. Thanks for that. Haha.

I'll have to figure out where to find Season 2 of Fargo, but I agree, it's really the only show since Breaking Bad that has struck me as being not just a good show, but a pretty brilliantly written one. It captures subtlety so well that the powerful moments carry that much weight, and it does such a wonderful job of creating an atmosphere that just immerses you completely. I've been slowly catching my parents up on Breaking Bad (whenever they can come by to visit, we make time for at least 1 episode... the last one they saw as "Box Cutter," so they're quite hooked and stressed with it at this point haha.

Ah, burning discs. I'm running out of hard disk space and also have a love for the "unofficial DVD covers" thread, and have been dreaming for years of actually burning my collection to disc and making nice cover/cases for them and such... but just the thought of grabbing a blank disc, opening Nero and waiting for *forever* (okay, so these days it's not so bad for a single disc, but still) just keeps me from ever burning discs anymore. Maybe moreso it was the fact that I was burning discs left and right but with nowhere to store them, and the thought of adding to CD stacks at this point doesn't seem too helpful. ;)
akhliber: The idea of the back-and-forth between BG and Mercenary Kings actually makes quite good sense. Thanks for that. Haha.

I'll have to figure out where to find Season 2 of Fargo, but I agree, it's really the only show since Breaking Bad that has struck me as being not just a good show, but a pretty brilliantly written one. It captures subtlety so well that the powerful moments carry that much weight, and it does such a wonderful job of creating an atmosphere that just immerses you completely. I've been slowly catching my parents up on Breaking Bad (whenever they can come by to visit, we make time for at least 1 episode... the last one they saw as "Box Cutter," so they're quite hooked and stressed with it at this point haha.

Ah, burning discs. I'm running out of hard disk space and also have a love for the "unofficial DVD covers" thread, and have been dreaming for years of actually burning my collection to disc and making nice cover/cases for them and such... but just the thought of grabbing a blank disc, opening Nero and waiting for *forever* (okay, so these days it's not so bad for a single disc, but still) just keeps me from ever burning discs anymore. Maybe moreso it was the fact that I was burning discs left and right but with nowhere to store them, and the thought of adding to CD stacks at this point doesn't seem too helpful. ;)
Breaking Bad one episode at a time? I don't envy them the wait, I had to do that since I liked the show enough that I was watching them every week as they appeared. Not my usual way of watching stuff.

Yeah, the first season had enough extremely good performances that it made every episode interesting.
Watching all the different elements, seeing how it all ended was a total payoff, no disappointment whatsoever.

The idea is nice, but these days discs are clunky. Lots of time, money and effort, and a lot of space consumed to boot. If the person I was doing this for had a laptop, or even just a media player with decent storage space, none of this would be required.
Good morning, Fred! I hope you all have a lovely day!

CarrionCrow: Breaking Bad one episode at a time? I don't envy them the wait, I had to do that since I liked the show enough that I was watching them every week as they appeared. Not my usual way of watching stuff.

Yeah, the first season had enough extremely good performances that it made every episode interesting.
Watching all the different elements, seeing how it all ended was a total payoff, no disappointment whatsoever.

The idea is nice, but these days discs are clunky. Lots of time, money and effort, and a lot of space consumed to boot. If the person I was doing this for had a laptop, or even just a media player with decent storage space, none of this would be required.
The lady and I binge watched Breaking Bad ourselves, likely covering all of it in about 2 weeks or so I believe. It's quite amusing watching my parents after an episode... they're always looking at each other and discussing the rest of their days, seeing if they can pull off staying for one more. And whether they can or not, they still leave all frustrated and stressed, "what's going to happen?" haha. There aren't many shows that have given me that sense of engagement with the characters, or that have surprised me half as often as Breaking Bad.

Once I started backing up my CD's digitally (before our last move, which was about a decade ago) I just boxed up all the cd's. They're still in boxes in the garage. Just took up too much space. The same would be the case with my game collection, but I do think it would be really cool to print covers and get cases for my favorite games from my GOG shelf (or in some cases the largest, for the sake of hard drive space) and just put them up on the bookshelf my records and physical game boxes are going to go on (we've chosen bookshelves, just haven't actually bought them. our current ones are old and rugged and overflowing with books and clutter of all varieties, so certainly no room for that sort of thing in the present. The thought of backing everything up to disc, though, gives me nightmares.
A wonderful Monday to the people of the thread!^^

*lazy hugs*
Yezemin: A wonderful Monday to the people of the thread!^^

*lazy hugs*
Hello there! I hope you have a lovely Monday. :)

*big sleepy return hug*
*Comes out of lurking to offer some big hugs to the visitors of the quite thread of Fred*

Yezemin: ...
akhliber: ...
*big round of Monday hugs*
ddickinson: *Comes out of lurking to offer some big hugs to the visitors of the quite thread of Fred*

*big round of Monday hugs*
*big return hug*

Hello there! I do an awful lot of lurking around here myself. A very quiet place here so far today. :) I hope you have a great Monday!
akhliber: *big return hug*

Hello there! I do an awful lot of lurking around here myself. A very quiet place here so far today. :) I hope you have a great Monday!
Hello there.

Monday is going good so far. Do you have anything nice planned for the day? No Staff Picks today, so people are saying some big new releases could be coming soon. But who knows with GOG.

*big return hug*
I think we need a Lurker Badge :-)

*big hugs for everyone*
Post edited May 16, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
AgentBirdnest: I think we need a Lurker Badge :-)

*big hugs for everyone*
You mean the unit from Starcraft Broodwar? I bet he gives killer hugs. :-)

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/starcraft/images/0/0e/Lurker_SC1_Art1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100307215811

*big hug*
Post edited May 16, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: Hello there.

Monday is going good so far. Do you have anything nice planned for the day? No Staff Picks today, so people are saying some big new releases could be coming soon. But who knows with GOG.

*big return hug*
The lady was offered a day off work, so we're taking on some cleaning projects together and having some fun with the pup in between. Nothing much more ambitious than that, though I'm hoping I can get her to sit still long enough to give Spacechem a try a bit later today. :) Any exciting plans yourself?

I'm a bit curious about what GOG has in store for today as well, though figure it could just be that they're not in the office for whatever the reason or some such. :)
AgentBirdnest: I think we need a Lurker Badge :-)

*big hugs for everyone*
*big return hug*

I really like this idea! Now even I can earn a badge! Woot! ;)
Post edited May 16, 2016 by akhliber