It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sinking City is coming soon DRM-free.

The Sinking City is an adventure and investigation game set in an open world inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft, the master of Horror. The half-submerged city of Oakmont is gripped by supernatural forces. You're a private investigator, and you have to uncover the truth of what has possessed the city… and the minds of its inhabitants.
high rated
Que?

Undated 2020 release on Steam - pretty sure this one is an EPIC Exclusive... or GOG are taking Soon™ to new levels

https://steamcommunity.com/games/750130/announcements/detail/1821050404983574362

Greetings everyone,

As announced by Epic Games a few moments ago at GDC, The Sinking City will be available on the Epic Games store for a limited time before its release on Steam. We've made a Q&A in order to be transparent as transparent with you as possible about our decision.

Where will I be able to purchase and play The Sinking City?

We’ve agreed to partner with Epic Games to distribute The Sinking City on PC exclusively through the Epic Games store for at least 1 year after release. Both physical and digital copies of the game will require the player to download and install the free Epic Games store client in order to access the game.

After testing the Epic Games store client ourselves we are positive that the customer experience is excellent and hope you will feel the same.

What about PS4 and Xbox One versions?

The Sinking City will be released on PS4 and Xbox One both physically and digitally on the same day as the PC release. The game will be available on the respective online stores of these platforms and at your usual video game retailers.

Will the game ever be released on Steam, GOG or through other third-party outlets?

Yes, it is likely that one year after the release of The Sinking City on the Epic Games store, we will consider releasing the game on other platforms.

Why did you decide to distribute the game through the Epic Games Store?

The details of the agreement with Epic are confidential. However, it is public information that the Epic Games store offers better compensation to video games creators, in particular those using Epic’s Unreal Engine, like The Sinking City.

After careful consideration, it was deemed the best decision for the publisher and the studio to partner with Epic Games. This will allow to continue supporting The Sinking City and provide the best experience for you now and in the future.
Post edited July 26, 2019 by Bigs
Hey Frogwares, it's great to se your games here on GOG. I will buy The Sinking City as soon as possible, but can you please release the missing Sherlock Holmes part (Crimes and Punishment) as well? Thanks in advance!
Wow. Will instabuy!
Awesome!!
Bigs: Que?

Undated 2020 release on Steam - pretty sure this one is an EPIC Exclusive... or GOG are taking Soon™ to new levels
There is some evidence that the exclusive agreement only applies to Steam, so any exclusive game on the Epic Store could potentially arrive on GOG.
Post edited July 26, 2019 by Alexim
Pygmalion_4678: Hey Frogwares, it's great to se your games here on GOG. I will buy The Sinking City as soon as possible, but can you please release the missing Sherlock Holmes part (Crimes and Punishment) as well? Thanks in advance!
Yeah, the best games of the series isn't here!
Alexim: Awesome!!

Alexim: There is some evidence that the exclusive agreement only applies to Steam, so any exclusive game on the Epic Store could potentially arrive on GOG.
I'm not sure that's true:

We’ve agreed to partner with Epic Games to distribute The Sinking City on PC exclusively through the Epic Games store for at least 1 year after release. Both physical and digital copies of the game will require the player to download and install the free Epic Games store client in order to access the game.
That clearly states exclusively though Epic Games for (at least) a year, so we may be waiting a while for this one to arrive on GOG! Nice to know they're going to release it DRM free though - eventually! ;-)
Post edited July 26, 2019 by LynetteC
Yes!!!
I can wait. And I don't want to give money to epic :D
poucagrana: Yeah, the best games of the series isn't here!
Quite my opinion - no part meets the template better. :)
Greetings everyone,
As announced by Epic Games a few moments ago at GDC, The Sinking City will be available on the Epic Games store for a limited time before its release on Steam.
Well, technically, the phrase is still true. It mentioned only Steam, not other stores.

It seems that Epic had difficult negotiations with CDPR, including about list of stores for upcoming Cyberpunk 2077.
From my first post

Will the game ever be released on Steam, GOG or through other third-party outlets?

Yes, it is likely that one year after the release of The Sinking City on the Epic Games store, we will consider releasing the game on other platforms.
Post edited July 26, 2019 by Bigs
Bigs: From my first post

Bigs:
The exclusivity agreement is a two-way deal. Despite the quotes you cited about the opinion of one of the parties to the deal, the other party may also have an opinion. And if both sides agreed on this opinion, the situation could change.
I do not assert anything, I simply show that even in this quotation they used assumptive categories.
Bigs: Undated 2020 release on Steam - pretty sure this one is an EPIC Exclusive... or GOG are taking Soon™ to new levels
Naw that sounds pretty standard GOG SOON™.
Too many games and too little time, this one looks intriguing and the atmosphere is really good from what i've seen so far besides i like Frogware games for most part even the jank.
Post edited July 26, 2019 by ChrisGamer300