It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get your gory kicks, like it's 1996!

<span class="bold">STRAFE&reg;</span>, a fast-paced, roguelike first-person shooter with plenty of guts, gusto, and gung-ho attitude, is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com!

The monsters are charging you in droves, your weapons are becoming more and more ridiculous, and the levels rearrange themselves every time you die. Or maybe not - it's hard to tell when there's so much blood spatter in your eyes. But who needs a map, when you've got wicked instincts and insane mobility?

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uEmRkMQXRMI?wmode=opaque&amp;rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited February 10, 2017 by maladr0Id
Bummer. The game is something I would definitely want to play and it sounds very cool but this art style ruins everything for me. I'd just prefer a more "realistic" approach.
high rated
Bring it on!
I'm waiting for this one :)
low rated
overhyped crap
I am definitely waiting for this one to arrive here. Nice one GOG!
I'm glad its coming here. I had contacted the dev's saying in the spirit of 90's gaming it should be on GoG too, and not just in the hands of VALVe.
For the first 10 minutes the game was "Free" and not "TBA". Either that or I'm losing my mind.
Although simple graphics aren't always a bad thing, in this case it's definitely not a good thing IMO.
Still, it's not really a genre I enjoy so it wasn't ever going to be for me anyway.
So it's another "retro" game with 1996-level graphics, but 2016 God Box-level specs?
Tikiti: For the first 10 minutes the game was "Free" and not "TBA". Either that or I'm losing my mind.
It was, which most likely means someone messed up.
Using plasma climbing to kill a bunch of dudes, where do I sign up? This looks like exactly my kind of game.

Trailer is still kind of vague though so I'm not entirely sure yet.
I gotta say I'm not sure what to make of this.

FPS's usually don't age that well and at first glace, this game looks like it's being retro simply for the sake of being retro. It also doesn't help that FPS are a very saturated genre. Is the fact that the level layout changes every time you die the main selling point here?
From the Storepage:

About: STRAFE® is the fastest, bloodiest, deadliest, most adjective-abusing, action-packed first-person shooter of 1996.

Looks like someone mixed up the release date with the advertising.
Post edited February 10, 2017 by Sturmrabe
Sturmrabe: From the Storepage:

About: STRAFE® is the fastest, bloodiest, deadliest, most adjective-abusing, action-packed first-person shooter of 1996.

Looks like someone mixed up the release date with the advertising.
Isn’t it a remake of a 1996 game?