It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

I cannot play any game because the Galaxy App crashes after starting the app.

Message: Connection to Communication Service was lost and could not be restored! GOG Galaxy will now shutdown.

Any solutions for this problem? I already deleted the app 3 times but the error returns every time I reinstall the app.

Thanks
Attachments:
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
gaugo: Hi all,

Message: Connection to Communication Service was lost and could not be restored! GOG Galaxy will now shutdown.

Any solutions for this problem? I already deleted the app 3 times but the error returns every time I reinstall the app.

Thanks
Reinstalling is the trick the internet says. Its bullshit. Does not work.
Some report it works but i think they made an reboot...

i Think its an problem with multiple Users on macOS.
If there is another user logged in - Gog Galaxy crashes everytime.

dont know how to report that to the developers...
Same issue. Frustrating. Can't even seem to report it to developers.
I have the same thing happening to me. I checked all the privacy settings that other users mentioned. I uninstalled and reinstalled and afterward something called GOG Sp. z o.o. appeared in my login items and I set to allow that. Still nothing. I tried in a different user account and it works over there. I deleted pretty much anything I could find in the user library related to GOG and also the main library as well. Some things in /Library/LaunchDaemons and also LaunchAgents. Also, Library/privilegedhelpertools/.Then in user account library in Users/username/Library/ApplicationSupport and then I deleted and reinstalled GOG and I still have that error. I was worried as Baldur's Gate 3 pre-release patch for Mac will probably come out in a couple weeks, I'll just have to use my other account to update it.
So, I did the 13.1 update from 13.0.1 and now it's working. I'm not sure if maybe it just needed a good restart after all that other stuff I did, but either way it's working for me again in my main user account.
gaugo: Hi all,

Thanks
Did You find any solution? Mine also crashes. Repeatedly. even with new MacBook Pro. Even when newly installed (it then sometimes runs a few days, and suddenly it is the same old sh... all over again. :-(
Again:

If you have another user logged in GOG Galaxy Crashes.
The App is not compatible with Fast user Switching!

If you log off all other users it will probably work.
If you Reboot it works until you log on with another user.

It's pain in the ass to log off my wife every time i want to play a game... She's working in this machine too.