Junior Web Developer (PHP)
GOG.com is calling out to all aspiring master coders who want to enhance our extraordinary team as a Junior Web Developer (PHP). Join us in creating a beautifully designed, modern website using all the cutting-edge technologies. This position will give you the opportunity to learn how to develop applications, which distribute games to millions of gamers worldwide. You will join a team that writes first-class code, achieves ambitious goals and generally has a great time doing both.
- Support us in improving our website, hunt pesky bugs and expand our internal applications.
- Provide help with creating new and maintaining existing code and learn from the best.
- Work with an exciting technology stack such as Symfony framework, Vagrant, Varnish, Elastic Search, RabbitMQ and many more.
- Learn from experienced developers how to create top notch, scalable applications.
- Experience in PHP5 and OOP practices - personal projects count!
- Knowledge of MySQL databases.
- Willingness to learn, grow and gather new experiences.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- An overwhelming desire to code the best websites on the Internet.
- A friendly temperament will not hurt. :)
- Knowledge of Symfony2 or any other PHP modern framework.
- Experience with writing CRUD applications.
- Ability to work with source control tools (SVN, Git).
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) and code samples below.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."