Social Media & Community Specialist
At GOG.com we are passionate gamers talking to other gamers and we are currently looking for a Social Media & Community Specialist who will be making sure that GOG.com’s social media channels and forum are great, engaging and lively places, and will be responsible for all community related projects.
- Perform a role of the brand evangelist, a voice of GOG.com, to the community gathered around forums and other GOG.com channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Engage with users by responding to their requests and needs, as well as convey company’s messaging to them.
- Become a proven member of the community, having a high level of trust and respect to establish a position of authority with the community.
- Act as a community advocate for GOG.com to generate deep understanding of the GOG.com user, including listening, monitoring, and understanding what users are saying on the forums.
- Establish and enforce standards of mutual respect and helpfulness, as well as interact directly with members to promote good feeling and settle disputes.
- Recruit, motivate and manage a team of voluntary brand supporters.
- Work together with Global Marketing and Global Communications teams to promote big releases and events to the community.
- Create and maintain community-focused events, promotions and contests to maximize customer participation, engagement, and retention.
- Pursue initiatives to welcome and engage new forum users.
- Cooperate with other big communities - finding new digital venues where GOG.com can talk to gamers and shape our presence there.
- Great familiarity with video games and video game culture.
- Solid knowledge about gaming communities such as reddit and familiarity with social media management.
- Prior record of forum engagement and online communities management in an international environment, either professional or private.
- An ease in building relationships and handling challenging topics, both online and offline.
- A proactive approach in searching and providing new ideas.
- Excellent spoken and written English with a focus on copywriting.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to plan and organize workflow.
- High self-motivation and initiative, team spirit, and a positive "can do!" attitude.
- Flexibility in terms of the working hours - our community and social channels will be counting on you; sometimes in later hours of the day.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV and cover letter (both in English) below.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."