Gwent Web Developer (PHP)
GOG.com is more than a place to buy games. Collaborating with our sister company CD PROJEKT RED, we are creating backend systems and online features powering games like GWENT: The Witcher Card Game and Cyberpunk 2077. Join the team of our extraordinary software engineers and help us build services for new, revolutionary games.
- Developing a large scale backend for GWENT.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Share your knowledge with other team members and support them as a mentor.
- Stay abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions.
- 4+ years in web development.
- Mastery in PHP7.
- An overwhelming desire to code the best applications on the Internet.
- Expertise in handling MySQL databases and query/table optimisations.
- Strong understanding of best security practices.
- Experience in source control systems and deployment processes (git, git-flow, CI).
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Experience in working with Symfony2 on a production environment.
- Experience with performance tuning of web applications.
- Experience with Web Services (REST, OAuth2).
- Experience with caching (Varnish, Memcache, Redis).
- Experience with projects scalability.
- Experience with microservice architecture.
- Experience with queueing systems (RabbitMQ).
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with work in an agile environment.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
What we offer:
- Possibility to participate in various IT conferences and events, both as a participant as well as a speaker.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) and code samples below.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."