Gwent Network Programmer
CD PROJEKT RED in collaboration with its sister company GOG.com is looking for a Network Programmer, who will be responsible for designing and implementing multiplayer systems for GWENT – The Witcher Card Game. Main duties cover maintaining and extending the multiplatform core network component of our framework, optimizing the performance and stability of the game servers and creation of the tools needed to support a growing online infrastructure and release pipeline.
- Maintaining and extending the multiplatform core network component of the framework.
- Assisting with the design and integration of the new network services.
- Assisting with the design of interfaces between servers and the game client.
- Optimizing the performance of the game servers.
- Creating the tools needed to support a growing online infrastructure and release pipeline.
- Improving network monitoring, logging and analytics subsystems.
- Debugging of gameplay systems in an online setting.
- Assisting with the design and implementation of platform-specific network features.
- Strong experience in C# as well as OO programming.
- Basic understanding of multiplayer game architecture.
- A Computer Science/Software Engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with SQL, databases and query optimization (preferably MySQL and NoSQL).
- Understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, NAT and network issues.
- Experience in game development with Unity.
- Familiarity with existing Unity networking solutions.
- Previous experience with shipping titles for various platforms.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to support development of the well acclaimed GWENT – The Witcher Card Game.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) and code samples below.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: „I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the ongoing and future recruiting processes, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883).
The personal data is administered by CD Projekt S.A. with its registered seat in Warsaw, ul. Jagiellońska 74 and may be shared with GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, ul. Jagiellońska 74 (a company from CD PROJEKT Capital Group). The data included in job applications shall be processed solely in connection with ongoing and future recruitment procedures and shall not be shared with any other entities. The applicants are entitled to access and modify their personal data at any time. The provision of personal data is voluntary although necessary in order to take part in the recruitment process.