Senior Rendering Engineer
As you may know, GOG.com is more than just a place to buy games. Aside from our vast catalogue of PC, Mac & Linux games, we are building GOG Galaxy, a truly gamer-friendly online gaming platform, to offer our community online multiplayer, convenient game updating and the option to stay in touch with friends. We are currently looking for a Senior Rendering Engineer to join the Galaxy Team and work on projects concerned with bringing the Galaxy technology into Windows games. This will give you the opportunity to be involved in displaying Galaxy content on top of the game viewport, controlling the game filesystem, altering the game behaviour and more!
- Reverse engineer existing game rendering algorithms.
- Implement methods of altering games rendering and input subsystems.
- Maintain and optimize subsystems of existing applications.
- Produce high quality code.
- Work with other engineers and mentor team members.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies, research new tools and implement best practices.
- Deep knowledge of C++ (at least 5 years experience).
- Deep knowledge of rendering techniques.
- Ability to write highly optimized code, and profile existing code.
- Knowledge of historical APIs for DirectX and OpenGL.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Fluency in spoken / written English.
- Knowledge of CMake, Python, Git, Protobuf.
- Knowledge of Windows API.
- Experience in working with at least 3 different game engines.
- Experience in developing low-level applications.
- Passion for gaming, game services and online communities.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house cantina, and other goodies are a standard.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) and code samples below.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG Poland Sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."