Cyberpunk 2077 Web Developer (Java)
Collaborating with our sister company CD PROJEKT RED, we are creating backend systems and online features powering games like (GWENT: The Witcher Card Game) and (Cyberpunk 2077). Join the team of our extraordinary software engineers and help us build services for new, revolutionary games. Join our brand new Java team and take pride in being a part of this!
- Build online backend services & features for Cyberpunk 2077 (for instance: analytics, cloud storage and computing, rankings and many more) .
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Cooperate with other departments on all aspects of the project (features, design, UX).
- Share your knowledge with other team members and support them as a mentor.
- Stay abreast of best trends by researching new tools, as well as enhancing and further developing existing solutions.
- Consistently develop the Java web development knowledge base.
- 4+ years experience in Java web development.
- Experience with REST web services.
- Expertise in handling MySQL databases and query/table optimisations.
- Proven ability to build, maintain and scale a complete system experienced by millions of users.
- Strong understanding of best security practices.
- Experience in source control systems and deployment processes (git-flow, CI).
- Excellent knowledge of Java web frameworks.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Experience with Go language.
- Experience with work in an agile environment.
- Passion for gaming, game services, and online communities.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) and code samples below.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG Poland Sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."