Please consider the following suggestions before deciding to contact us:
- For technical issues with games, please try the basic troubleshooting guide for your operating system, or check the game-specific forum for more information about your problem.
- If you've paid for an order, but haven't received your game(s) yet, please wait up to 2 hours. There may have been some connection issue, but our payment system is capable of re-checking most pending transactions that weren't processed immediately.
- If you're unable to pay, try using a different payment method. Sending money to a PayPal account before making a PayPal purchase is almost guaranteed to solve all payment problems.
Naturally, please don’t hesitate to contact us if help is required.
Frequently asked questions
1. I'm unable to log in - what can I do now?
First, please try to reset your password via the login form. To do this, make sure the login form is open, then click on "RESET PASSWORD".
If you cannot reset your password because your e-mail isn't recognized, please consider if you have ever received an account creation confirmation mail from us. If you have, check what mail address it was sent to. If you haven't received one - perhaps you made a typo when registering, or used a completely different address altogether?
If you can't find what e-mail address is actually assigned to your account, please contact Support and send us your account's username (nickname). This will make it easiest for us to inspect your e-mail address.
2. How do I change my password?
Just like with changing the e-mail address, please go here
and click the "Edit your account" to authenticate yourself.
If you're unable to log in, please check the "I cannot log in - what can I do now?" section above.
3. How do I change my account's e-mail address?
You can change your e-mail address here
. First, click the "Edit your account" button and log in - this will unlock the Email and password fields.
If you cannot log in because your e-mail isn't recognized, please check it in the Account Settings page - perhaps you made a typo when registering, or used a different address altogether?
In case of any other login problems, please check the "I'm unable to log in - what can I do now?" section above.
4. How do I change my username?
Usernames can only be changed through Support. Please contact us if you wish to have yours changed.
5. Notice: Internet Explorer support and Compatibility View
As of January 2013, only Internet Explorer 9 and newer are supported on our site. We strongly suggest using other browsers, like Chrome
, especially if you are using Windows XP.
The website should remain functional on Internet Explorer 8, however some visual differences may occur.
If you experience any usability issues in Internet Explorer 8 or above, make sure that Compatibility View is disabled. If you see this icon:
, next to the address field, make sure it is not highlighted.
6. Do I need a user account?
Most of our site's functionalities - especially purchasing and downloading games - requires having, and being logged onto, a user account.Without a user account, you will only be able to view the site - like the product pages, forums and news articles - but will effectively be unable to make any actions until you log in.
7. How do I create a user account?
Just click “Sign up” in the top menu bar, enter all the necessary information (double-check if necessary!) and click “Sign up now”. Account creation is a very simple, one step process - we're sure you will do fine :).
8. Am I logged in or not? And how can I logout?
When you're logged in, you will see the "Account" button on the top menu. When you're NOT logged in, you will see the “Sign up” and "Log in" buttons instead. To log out,put your cursor on top of the "Account" button then select “Logout” from the drop-down menu.
9. What's the best web browser for viewing GOG.com?
We do whatever we can to provide the best experience under Firefox
and even Internet Explorer
;). As long as you use the latest version, you shouldn't see any real difference. And if you really want a recommendation, we'd say Firefox or Chrome. If you wish to use Internet Explorer, it must be version 9 or newer, and you should make sure that "Compatibility View" is disabled (details can be found in paragraph #1)
10. I'm having problems using GOG.com in my browser. What can I do?
First make sure you're using the latest available version of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or Internet Explorer. This excludes betas and so-called nightly builds that might have bugs. If the problem persists, contact us via the "General / Website questions"
contact form. Please include as many details as possible about your browser, system and the problems you encountered. Screenshots are very welcome.
11. How do I cancel my GOG.com account?
We have no idea why you'd want to do that, but if you will ever want to cancel your GOG.com user account, please contact us via the "General / Website questions"
contact form. After verifying you are the owner of the account in question and confirming that you want your account to be permanently deleted, our support rep will mark your account for deletion. From this moment on, the account will be inaccessible, and after 30 days it will be irreversibly wiped from our database.
Please remember that without an account, you won't be able to re-download your purchased games as well as any additional content available, including updates and patches. Also, we don't store your payment information and, if you don't want to receive newsletters from us, you can always unsubscribe via your My Account -> Account & Settings page.
Most importantly, following the 30-day "grace period," account deletion is permanent. It won't be possible to “recreate” the deleted account later, if you change your mind.
- Who are you guys? First of all we are all gamers here at GOG.com just like you.
- What payment methods do you accept? We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx cards, PayPal and paysafecard.
- What does it mean that games on GOG.com are DRM-free? It basically means that you actually own the games bought at GOG.com. Once you download a game, you can install it on any computer and re-download it whenever you want, as many times as you need.