Frequently asked questions
1. What is the Money Back Guarantee?
At GOG.com, we're confident in the quality of the games we sell and the work that we put into getting them ready for you to play them. If a game that you've bought on GOG.com doesn't work and our team of expert Support staff can't solve the problem for you, we will give you back your money.
2. Is it available for every game?
Yes. The Money Back Guarantee applies to all games available on GOG.com. Please note that Gwent in-game purchases are considered "Virtual Goods" and as such are considered final and non-refundable.
3. Which countries are eligible for the Money Back Guarantee?
All countries are eligible. Wherever you live, you are entitled to get a full refund if, for technical reasons, your game doesn’t work on your system.
4. How does it work?
If, within 30 days after the purchase of your game, you experience technical problems or game-breaking bugs that prevent you from finishing your game, contact our customer support. They will do their best to help you fix the problem and if, at the end of their attempts to solve the problem your game is still not working, we'll give you back your money.
5. When will I get my money back?
The time between us issuing a refund, and you getting your money back, can vary depending on your payment method:
- If you paid with a Visa or Mastercard or AMEX, you will get the money back on your bank account within a few business days.
- If you paid via PayPal, the time needed to process your refund will vary, depending on the kind of payment you used (PayPal balance, or through your bank account, or your debit or credit card linked to your account). As soon as we issue the refund, you will receive an email from PayPal, which will contain more details about the process.
- If you paid via Paysafecard, we will need your bank account information in order to issue the refund. Unfortunately the nature of Paysafecards makes this necessary. As this will be a bank transfer, most likely international, the amount of time needed for you to receive the funds will vary.
6. I want a refund! How do I initiate the refund procedure?
You simply need to contact our Support Team, by using the “Technical Issues with Games” form, and describing the problem as accurately as possible. We will get back to you with what we think might help fix your problem. If we can't get it working together, you will get your money back.
7. GRAAAAH! I'm angry! Can I get my money back right away?
We always aim to provide our users with working games, so first we'll try to get your purchase working on your system. If we can't get it working, we'll get you your money back. No worries. :)
8. What if I don't want to bother with trying to get my game working? All I want is my money back!
Our top priority is to help you get the game working, and this means that we will require some cooperation from you. We won't ask anything extravagant, or super time-consuming, like a system reinstall, but if you absolutely refuse to try anything, we won't be able to determine whether the problem can be fixed or not, and won't be able to issue a refund.
This is especially relevant if there are some glaring issues with your computer, like DirectX faults, or drivers that are ancient, or even missing.
9. Can I get a refund for a gift I've received?
Since you did not pay for the games yourself, we can offer you a replacement game of equal or lesser value, as a form of store credit. If the person who purchased the gift prefers to receive a full refund, this is possible, however they should contact us about this separately.
10. Can I get a refund for gift I've sent to someone and they have problems running the game?
Sure, but the gift recipient will have to contact us first - our priority is to get the game working properly, after all. If we're unable to help, however, and a refund will be in order, then that is what we will do.
11. What about pre-orders?
You can cancel pre-orders at any time before the game's release, and get the money back.
12. What about game packs and DLCs?
For technical reasons we cannot divide a game pack (for instance, a season pass, or a pack containing the base game and its DLCs), so you’ll get a refund for the full pack and, as a consequence, the full pack will be removed from your account.
If a DLC itself doesn’t work on your system, and we cannot help you fix it, you will get your money back for the DLC itself. If the main game doesn’t work, and we’re unable to help, we will refund its DLCs as well.
13. My system doesn't meet the minimal requirements specified on product page, can I get a refund?
Well, there's a reason why we post the system requirements on each game's page: so you can see for yourself what you'll need to have on your rig in order to be able to run the game. If your game doesn't work because you misread our system specs, all we can really offer is that we're sorry for you. :( Please note that we also cannot provide support if you're trying to run our games through virtual machine software.
14. But what if a whole LOT of my games don't work? You know: wink, wink.
We know that, since we're the Internet's leading DRM-free gaming platform, our Money Back Guarantee offer here is open to a certain amount of abuse. If you're being a bad person who's abusing our trust of you and asking for a whole lot of your games to be refunded and we can't resolve your problems, we'll have to stop offering you refunds.So don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.How many games can you ask for money back? We're humans here, so there's no hard numbers. If it seems like you're exploiting us, we'll let you know and tell you that this will be your final refund offer from us.