IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS AND HOT TOPICS:
Please consider the following suggestions before deciding to contact us:
- For technical issues with games, please try the basic troubleshooting guide for your operating system, or check the game-specific forum for more information about your problem.
- If you've paid for an order, but haven't received your game(s) yet, please wait up to 2 hours. There may have been some connection issue, but our payment system is capable of re-checking most pending transactions that weren't processed immediately.
- If you're unable to pay, try using a different payment method. Sending money to a PayPal account before making a PayPal purchase is almost guaranteed to solve all payment problems.
Naturally, please don’t hesitate to contact us if help is required.
A lot of problems, especially file corruption errors, can be linked to faulty RAM or hard drive issues. To make sure whether or not there are issues with our PC's components, please do the following:
1) Use ScanDisk to perform a surface scan of your hard drive(s):
To do this, open My Computer, right-click each drive in turn, select Properties, Tools, Check now. Make sure that "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" is selected and click Start.
Please note that a surface scan will take several hours, or even more than a day (for very large drives, eg. over 1TB).
2) Check your RAM for errors by using either MemTest86, or MemTest 4.0:
Memtest86 is much more reliable, but must be burned onto a bootable CD/DVD, and you must then restart your PC and boot it up using this disk. The disk image can be found here.
You can also use the much simpler Memtest 4.0 application, which can simply be launched like any other application. It can be found here.
Make sure to input the correct amount of RAM you have before starting the test.