IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS AND HOT TOPICS:
Please consider the following suggestions before deciding to contact us:
- For technical issues with games, please try the basic troubleshooting guide for your operating system, or check the game-specific forum for more information about your problem.
- If you've paid for an order, but haven't received your game(s) yet, please wait up to 2 hours. There may have been some connection issue, but our payment system is capable of re-checking most pending transactions that weren't processed immediately.
- If you're unable to pay, try using a different payment method. Sending money to a PayPal account before making a PayPal purchase is almost guaranteed to solve all payment problems.
Naturally, please don’t hesitate to contact us if help is required.
TRY DIFFERENT GRAPHICS MODE SETUP AND COMPATIBILITY SETINGS
Launch the the "Graphic mode setup" utility and try different graphics mode settings before launching the game again. DOSBox games can work differently when using different modes on different systems - we generally pick the setting which we think is optimal, but this may vary from PC to PC.
To access the utility on Windows XP, Vista or 7 go here: Start Menu > All Programs > GOG.com > *gametitle*.
To access it on Windows 8 or 8.1, go to the game's directory (default: C:GOG Games*gametitle*), right-click the "Launch Graphic Mode Setup" shortcut, and select "Run as administrator".
If that doesn't help, please right-click the game's shortcut, go into Properties, click the Compatibility tab and try different compatibility modes as well. As with the settings above, various compatbility modes work differently from system to system, so a trial-and-error approach is necessary in some cases.
ADDITIONAL TROUBLESHOOTING (ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES, UAC SETTINGS)1) Make sure that your Windows user account has Administrator privileges, then right-click game's shortcut and select "Run as Administrator".
2) Install the June 2010 DirectX runtime package, then use the DirectX web installer, as your current DirectX may have become corrupt over time.
You can find the ZIP file containing the 2010 package installation files here:
You will have to extract the files into some folder, then open that folder and launch the DXSETUP.exe file in order to proceed with the installation.
Afterwards, download the latest DirectX web installer use it as well:
3) Make sure that User Account Control is disabled in your operating system. To do this, go to Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Accounts -> Change User Account Control settings. Move the slider to the lowest position ("Never notify") and click OK. Now reinstall the game by right-clicking the installer and using “Run as Administrator”, then launch the game with “Run as Administrator” again.
MAKE SURE YOU DIDN'T INSTALL A DIFFERENT VERSION OF DOSBOX WITH THE GAME
We sometimes use specially tweaked builds of DOSBox, so using the "typical" one (even the latest version) may give you bad results. We advise sticking to the version that came with out release.