IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS AND HOT TOPICS:
Please consider the following suggestions before deciding to contact us:
- For technical issues with games, please try the basic troubleshooting guide for your operating system, or check the game-specific forum for more information about your problem.
- If you've paid for an order, but haven't received your game(s) yet, please wait up to 2 hours. There may have been some connection issue, but our payment system is capable of re-checking most pending transactions that weren't processed immediately.
- If you're unable to pay, try using a different payment method. Sending money to a PayPal account before making a PayPal purchase is almost guaranteed to solve all payment problems.
Naturally, please don’t hesitate to contact us if help is required.
1. WHO WE ARE
Hello, we're GOG.com and we are based in Europe! 1.1. We are GOG Ltd, a company incorporated in Cyprus with its registered office at 7 Florinis Street, Greg Tower, 6th floor, 1065 Nicosia, Cyprus.
We will comply with applicable data protection laws. This involves us being responsible for personal data which we use in connection with GOG services and equally our Partners (see opposite) will be responsible for personal data which they use in connection with GOG services. 2.3 We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation in the EU, the USA (including the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act) and elsewhere.2.4 GOG works with trusted partners, including our sister company CD PROJEKT, developers and publishers, payment providers, customer service software providers and others („Partners”) – more on them later in this Agreement.
3. PROTECTING CHILDREN
Children below 13 cannot have GOG accounts without parental/guardian involvement and we cannot collect knowingly personal information about them – this is actually a legal requirement. 3.1 We recognise we have a special obligation to protect personal information obtained from children. Legally, children below 13 cannot have a GOG account (but their parents/guardians are welcome to sign up themselves) and we do not and will not knowingly collect personal information from any child under the age of 13 without consent from their parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian and are concerned about the transfer of personal information about your child, please contact email@example.com.
4. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
To register a GOG account, we will ask you for and collect some basic personal information, including username and email. Keep your GOG account password safe. 4.1 When you register a GOG account with us, you will need to provide us: (a) your username; (b) your email address and (c) a password (which is encrypted so that we don’t have access to it). In your GOG account settings you can also set your date of birth and your geographical location. This information will be protected by your GOG account password. You are responsible for keeping it safe - please don't share it with anyone.
We may also collect additional information when you use other GOG services. If GOG services crash, we might ask you to send us crash logs/bug reports. 4.2 When you use GOG services we may also collect the following information (how we use it is described later in this document):
- (a) Technical details about devices which you use to access GOG services, including: Internet and/or network connection (including your IP address); mobile device identifiers; your operating system, browser type or other software; your hardware details; or other technical details provided by your web browser. This is technical data about our users and their actions and patterns, which does not provide personal information;
- (b) Details of your use of GOG services including, but not limited to: metrics information about when and how you use GOG services (such as what game(s) you are playing); traffic data; your geographical location; your purchase history; emails received; and links accessed;
- (c) Other information required in order to help you with any queries/support you may need assistance with via the GOG forums or customer support; and
- (d) limited payment processing information, including as applicable your credit card number, name and email address (on a hashed/anonymised basis as applicable).
4.3 A quick word about bug reports and crash logs: GOG software will generate bug or crash reports regarding GOG services – these reports will not mention your personal information. You can decide whether to submit these reports to GOG.com automatically. If you manually submit bug or crash reports to us, or if we contact you asking for feedback regarding crash or bug reports, then we may store them alongside your personal information.
5 HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU
We will collect information through GOG.com or third parties when it comes to optional things like surveys. 5.1 We may collect, process and use information about you in the following ways (either directly or via our Partners as explained above): (a) information you give us via GOG services; (b) information given when you contact us or report a problem with GOG services; and (c) we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you don't have to respond to them. We may collect this information via GOG services or trusted third parties connected with us for optional things like surveys or polls.
7. WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
7.2. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or those of our trusted partner services. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee 100% security of your data transmitted to our servers; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security to prevent unauthorised access to our servers.
8. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your information to run GOG and keep improving it as well as to communicate with you (e.g. with newsletters or emails). Sometimes we may have to share anonymised, non-personal information like operating system types in order to run GOG services. We will use the above information in the following ways:
- (a) To enable GOG.com functionality that helps you and your friends keep updated about what you’re doing within GOG services, e.g. notifying you and your GOG.com friends about who is playing what games.
- (b) To ensure that GOG services are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device from which you access GOG services.
- (c) To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us and which we feel may interest you - in particular, we may send you newsletters or emails about GOG services (of course, it’s optional).
- (d) To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us.
- (e) To allow you to participate in interactive features of GOG services when you choose to do so.
- (f) To notify you about changes to GOG services.
- (g) To improve or modify GOG services, for example based on which games you like more and how you play them.
- (h) To calculate conversion rates and other elements of GOG.com performance.
- (i) In connection with the services of our Partners, such as payment processors, located in and outside the European Union, but only to the extent necessary to provide those services.
We might share some aggregated and general non-personal data on user behaviour (e.g. sales per region) with third party partners who work with us to provide GOG services to you (for example, with games developers/publishers selling games on GOG.com or with payment providers) in order to support, improve or amend GOG services or to help them to improve their products, which you have bought. We may also share non-personal information with data analysis services to help us run GOG.com.
HOW YOU USE YOUR INFORMATION
When you're using GOG services you can choose to share your own personal information with others (e.g. in chat) but it's your responsibility. Please remember that any communications you have via GOG services (e.g. via private messages, chat or the GOG forums or via multiplayer games) may reveal your screen name, other details about you and the content of any communications by you with other users. Also, any information you post publicly using GOG services (e.g. your public profile) will be publicly available to GOG users and others. We are not responsible for your use of otherwise private personal information, which you make available via GOG services, or the activities of other users or other third parties to whom you give or make available your information.
9. THIRD PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION AND EXTERNAL SERVICES
10. OTHER STUFF
We might be required to comply with law enforcement requests. 10.1 Please be aware that we are subject to various laws and we may be required to release personal information to comply with law enforcement or other legal requirements.
11 YOUR RIGHTS
You have rights about how your personal information is used. Any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 11.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can change your email settings within your GOG account and email communications from GOG to you will contain an opt-out/unsubscribe option.
You may have additional privacy rights (see opposite). 11.2 Depending on where you live, you may have additional privacy rights. For example, in the EU you have the right to access information held about you and you may also contact us to request that we delete your personal information from our system; and you may have the legal right to ask us to rectify/correct your personal information if appropriate. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour your request, but we may decline requests that are unreasonably repetitive, are disproportionate or infringe the privacy of others. Of course, you will be notified in advance.
If you have any queries on your rights, contact email@example.com.
13. USER AGREEMENT
Last updated on August 30, 2016