It’s an exciting time of the year, as two major gaming awards ceremonies are about to take place! The Independent Games Festival and the Game Developers Choice Awards are scheduled for July 21.
Festivities start at 4:30 PM PT, with the Independent Games Festival (IGF) leading the charge, followed by the Game Developers Choice Awards (GDCA). Each awards ceremony features many categories, including Best Narrative, Best Design, Best Debut, and much more.
We invite you to join us on this amazing journey on our dedicated partner page
, where you can watch both awards shows and check some of the games available on GOG.COM that either are Finalists or received Honorable Mentions this year.
Independent Games FestivalAncient Enemy
- With an honorable mention for Excellence in Design, Ancient Enemy is an RPG card battler where you must fight an enemy that has already won.Biped
- If you are looking for an amazing co-op platformer, look no further than this game from NExT StudiosBoomerang X
- Another title that received an honorable mention for its design, Boomerang X combines elements from games like Doom and movies like The Matrix.BPM: BULLETS PER MINUTE
- This stellar title combines rhythm-action and FPS rogue-like elements into an unforgettable experience. Being a rhythm-based game, you know it also has an awesome soundtrack!Carto
- Carto is not only up for an award in the Excellence in Visual Art category, but also received an honorable mention in the Seumas McNally Grand Prize.Creaks
- Another game being highlighted for its audio, Creaks is a platform adventure game developed by Amanita Design.Disc Room
- In this action-puzzle game what kills you only makes you stronger and for that, it's up for an award in the Excellence in Design category!Dorfromantik
- If you like peaceful strategy games, this Best Student Game nominee is definitely worth checking out.Genesis Noir
- This adventure game from Feral Cat Den is nominated for a stellar four awards! Its Cosmic Collection includes all of the available DLC for the game and is definitely worth checking out if you want to experience everything the game has to offer.Ikenfell
- If you love classic RPGs, Ikenfell received an honorable mention in the Excellence in Audio category! In Other Waters
- Play as an AI in this adventure game that tasks players with helping a xenobiologist explore an alien planet.Lost Words: Beyond the Page
- This atmospheric narrative adventure lives up to its name, as it is nominated for an Excellence in Narrative award.Olija
- Highlighted for its amazing audio as an honorable mention in the Audio category, you’ll need to use your harpoon to escape the mysterious country of Terraphage.Paradise Killer
- This open-world exploration game is nominated for the Seumas McNally Grand Prize and received an honorable mention in the Narrative category. We especially recommend The Perfect 25 Edition which contains both the full game and the amazing soundtrack!Signs of the Sojourner
- This narrative card game about relationships is nominated for an Excellence in Design award.Spiritfarer
- It’s a cozy management game where you’re playing as a ferry master to the deceased. It holds two nominations for the IGF awards as well as honorable mentions from both IGF and GDCA. There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension
- If you love puzzle adventure games with a unique style, look no further than this title that received an honorable mention in the Seumas McNally Grand Prize.
Game Developers Choice AwardsAlba: A Wildlife Adventure
- This open-world adventure game from Ustwo Games is also available on mobile, where it has received a nomination in the Best Mobile Game category.Call of the Sea
- With an honorable mention in the Best Debut category, this game is perfect for puzzle game fans looking for a little extra adventure. In the Deluxe Edition, you also get both the OST and the gorgeous digital art book.CARRION
- Nominated for a Best Debut award, CARRION is a side-scrolling reverse horror game where you are the big, bad creature.Cyberpunk 2077
- This highly-anticipated title received an honorable mention in the Best Narrative category for its gritty story revolving around Night City.Kentucky Route Zero: PC Edition
- This point-and-click adventure game from Cardboard Computer revolves around a secret highway in Kentucky and is up for a Best Narrative award.Raji: An Ancient Epic
- Experience the war between demons and gods in this action-adventure game that is nominated for a Best Debut award from Indian studio, Nodding Heads Games.Röki
- With an honorable mention in the Best Debut category, Röki is an adventure title with a unique art style.
Watch the ceremony on Twitch
Let us know in the comments if you played or plan on playing these amazing and unique games. And be sure to check which of the nominated games won awards during the Twitch live stream on 21st July 2021, at 4:30 PM PT, also available on our dedicated partner page
of the event.