When mind and machine become one – what will remain of humanity?
Berlin, 2048 – The world is on the brink. Lack of resources, illnesses caused by polluted air and water, crime on the rise, war. Governments and companies promise remedies through technological progress. Drones and humanoid robots replace humans in the public sector, everything is interconnected, surveillance has become omnipresent.
Richard Nolan is one of the few journalists openly criticizing this development. When he wakes up in hospital after an explosion and finds that his wife and son have mysteriously vanished, Richard realizes: he and his family have become more than just bystanders in a storm of rivaling ideas pertaining humankind’s salvation between dystopian reality and digital utopia. Instead, they find themselves right at the center of it.
This domestic drama evolves into a thriller about a worldwide conspiracy, which at its core aims to determine the fate of humanity: Could a perfect digital utopia be the answer? A virtual paradise not affected by material needs and quarrels? Could a super-AI be our savior – or would it simply declare us as dispensable since it could not be taught the value of philanthropy?
What will the world look like after this storm, what will remain of humanity?
- Experience an alarmingly realistic vision of the near future
- Dive into a multi-layered Sci-Fi thriller, where dystopian reality and digital utopia are intertwined
- Unravel a global conspiracy in a society of ubiquitous digitalism, surveillance and transhumanism
- Explore a world with a rich and unique visual style, combining realistic environments with low-poly characters
- Take on the role of journalist Richard Nolan, as well as five additional playable characters
- Use dexterity, deductional skill and research to reconstruct Richard's past
© 2016 Daedalic Entertainment GmbH. STATE OF MIND, the State of Mind logo and the Daedalic Entertainment logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Daedalic Entertainment GmbH. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
You finished the first chapter.
Enjoy This Sunny Day
Adam brought John to the hospital.
Face to Face
Richard and Adam made contact.
Sigmund Would Be Proud
Adam woke up from his dream.
Adam was introduced to Sally.
The System Strikes Back
Richard survived the Doomsday raid.
This is Insane
Lydia found a new home.
Welcome home, Sir
Richard met Simon.