This is the free demo of Herald: An Interactive Period Drama. This demo gives you a short but sweet introduction to the gameplay and story of the full game, which you can buy here: Herald: An Interactive Period Drama - Book I & II
You are Devan Rensburg, a man of mixed heritage living in an alternate 19th century - in a world where the west is united as a single colonial superpower: The Protectorate; a world divided by race, class and culture.
You were born in the eastern colonies - but raised in the west, in the Protectorate’s capital. In search of your roots, you booked passage on board of the HLV Herald, a ‘Protectorian’ ship set for your country of birth. During your voyage, news of colonial unrest created tensions between the diverse crew and passengers.
Months later you alone are dragged ashore. No ship, no crew. All that remains is you, your journal and a captain's coat you were wearing. A mysterious woman is holding you captive and demands you to tell her what happened to 'your' ship. What you tell her, is your choice.
- A branching narrative that changes depending on how you decide to play. Do you choose to be bold and stand up for the downtrodden, or would pleasing the elite be the safer and smarter choice?
- Uncover all of the secrets aboard the merchant clipper Herald, as you explore its many nooks and crannies.
- The Herald is a microcosm of 19th century society. The crew and passengers all have their own dark secrets and often use sly coercion to convince Devan to help them. But who can you trust?
- Herald's diverse cast of characters is brought to life by beautifully animated portraits, and the performances of thirteen talented voice actors.
- Herald is set during an alternate 1857 in which the West has been united as a single global superpower: the Protectorate. Governed not by kings but by an elected 'Lord Protector’, the Protectorians believe they are morally superior. But are they?
- A gripping tale about finding your place in a world divided by race, class and culture.