Guided by the ancient Development Roadmap, we have taken our first steps into the Land of Updates! It was a fruitful journey thus far - but more lays ahead of us!
Here's the current state of our journey along the Development Roadmap:
1. Free Update #1: Shrine of Challenge - Visited on Feb 2nd, 2020.
2. Free Update #2: Setting Sun Inn - Visited on May 7th, 2020.
3. Free Update #3: Bergsons' House - Visited on June 24th, 2020.
4. Free Update #4: A Treasure! + Random Encounter Update (it's still a secret!)
5. Free Update #5: Temple of The Endless
6. Free Update #6: The Fellowship Sanctuary
7. Paid DLC Update.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ROADMAP
As you've noticed by now, even with a map in hand, sometimes we have to take detours and diverge from our original path. "Not all those who wander are lost", however. We absolutely still plan to deliver all the promised content, we just had to change the order of the updates and merge one with another.
The pixel art graphics looks fantastic, but it's the promise of a powerful narrative of familial ties about a family that's guarded Mount Morta for generations that really grabs my attention.
- PC GamerChildren of Morta is attractive in a way that few games manage to be. You might think it’s going to be a retro pixel art thing at first but then you see the animations, you see how every single one is packed with more frames than an entire NES cartridge
- Rock Paper ShotgunAll that family personality (...) shines through in large part due to the artwork and animations.
- DestructoidI’ve never seen a family in a game so large and colorful as the Bergsons. Each character is instantly identifiable despite the cluttered, riotous art style, and each is distinct from the others in animation and playstyle.
IT RUNS IN THE FAMILY.
Children of Morta is an action RPG with a rogue-lite approach to character development, where you don’t play a single character - but a whole, extraordinary family of heroes. Hack’n’slash through hordes of enemies in procedurally generated dungeons, caves and lands and lead the family of Bergsons, with all their flaws and virtues, against the forthcoming Corruption.
Gameplay-wise it's a unique mix of action-adventure RPG, rogue-lite and hack and slash game. By leveling up, you develop not only individual characters but also the entire family. There is no permadeath and you can change family members between the dungeon runs.
The story takes place in a distant land but copes with themes and emotions common to all of us: love and hope, longing and uncertainty, ultimately loss... and sacrifice we are willing to make to save the ones we care the most for. Ultimately, it's about a family of heroes standing against the encroaching darkness.
All the dungeons in the game are procedurally generated, which means their layout is different with each adventure. There can be from two to four levels of each dungeon, with a unique boss fight at the end. You can always get back to the previous dungeons to get extra XP or finish all the side quests.
CHARACTERS & SKILLS
Ranged attacks, magic spells, blocks, stuns, healing, evasions and passive skills - it's all there for you to discover, unlock and upgrade. You can choose from seven different family members, each one having unique skill sets. The father, John - a protective warrior with a sword and shield. The elder daughter Linda - a precise archer. Kevin, a quiet fighter equipped with deadly daggers. Lucy - a lively and bold fire mage. Mark - a mindful martial arts fighter. Joey - who smashes his enemies with a sledgehammer. And the latest addition to the family - Apan, a mighty healer and a firm defender in one.
A combination of hand painted pixel art and frame-by-frame animations partnered with modern lighting techniques come to life to create the beautifully dangerous world of Children of Morta!
© 2017 11 bit studios S.A. and Dead Mage Inc. Children of Morta, the Children of Morta logo, the 11 bit studios logo and the Dead Mage logo are trademarks of 11 bit studios S.A. and/or Dead Mage Inc.. All rights reserved.