Madelyn, Madelyn, it's time to get up! You have a big journey ahead of you, saving us all from an evil wizard. You've trained for this day, and the ghost of your pet dog, Fritzy, will remain by your side. We believe in you!
All good adventures need a hero, and that hero is you Madelyn. Traveling the world through magical portals beyond the realms of time and space, you will journey to far off lands, as I tell you a story that will leave your bedroom far behind. For there is a kingdom, you see, that is in peril, and it is up to you to save it, and everyone you know, from the terrifying clutches of an evil wizard.
Accompanied by the ghost of Fritzy, your pet dog, you must avenge him, restoring order once again. Tackling all manner of deadly foes, you will overcome sinister graveyards, murky swamps and looming castles to achieve your goal. It will be difficult, but we all believe in you Madelyn, we know you can do it!
Classic retro gameplay for a whole new era!
- With the retro of feel Ghouls ‘n Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3, this will conjure up memories of the arcade era with its Unity driven hand-drawn pixel art
- 10 levels with five stages each, they're replayable with no starting over (that is unless you want to)
- Two modes including story (by a professional children's author) and arcade (for the experts)
- Hidden collectibles with extra rewards, weapons are upgradeable depending on your armour, which you can find through the blacksmith in story mode
- Fritzy has special powers to help you and assists you in your quest
- Weapons are specific to certain areas, providing access to secret locations
- Travel across the world using special portals to get from place to place
Oh the sights you will see and the sounds you will hear!
- Slipping between classic arcade FM/PCM and modern orchestrated, you can tailor the music score from Gryzor87 (of Maldita Castilla fame) to help set the scene
- Lovingly crafted by veteran artist Christopher Obritsch, the game features distinctive pixel art, from the cut-scenes, to the gameplay, with depth provided through dynamic lighting
So, let me now tell you this classic tale of good versus evil...
Origins of Battle Princess Madelyn
When Creative Director Christopher Obritsch's daughter Madelyn wanted to be in Ghouls ‘n Ghosts, and fight “Green Head”, he said it was someone else’s game - but he could make her one that was like it. “But girls can’t be knights, Daddy. Only boys…” she said, to which he answered “Pshh…What color do you want your armor to be?”. The answer was pink :) And that’s how this game started. Chris' daughter Madelyn loves the first stage of Ghouls ‘n Ghosts and makes him play it over and over because she wants to see him fight “Green head”, the Shielder boss at the end of the first stage. It’s not hard for her to twist his rubber arm, as it’s been his favorite game since it came out all those years ago.
The Development TeamMadelyn Obritsch
- Drinker of the chocolate milk and Honorary Assistant Creative Director - The hero of the game, and the designer of the things daddy puts in the game.
– Known for sitting there and doing stuff like Insanity's Blade, Escape from 85 and a bunch of other crap you probably never heard of, and also an award nominated game developer. Chris is the creator, director and lead artist on the project. Also the father of the Battle Princess.
– A published author on game development, and angry university student. He’s an avid player, collector, and maker of games. Daven is the lead developer and slinger of cuss words on the project.
- The Retro Audio Destroyer of Planets, known for such amazing game soundtracks like Maldita Castilla, Hydorah and The Curse of Issyos. Gryzor87 is the main man behind both soundtracks.
Copyright Causal Bit Games Inc. 2018