Just wanted to share a fix found in another forum, and that for me is working perfectly:
1. Download and install the program CheatEngine (http://www.cheatengine.org
2. Launch Acropolis, then ALT+TAB out of it
3. Launch Cheat Engine
4. Open Acropolis' process in Cheat Engine
5. Enable SpeedHack (it's a toggle box on the right)
6. Set the speed to either 1.0 or 2.0 (try both and see which works best for you - for me it's 1.0)
7. Click Apply
8. Leave Cheat Engine running and go back to Acropolis
With this setup, all animations seem to be working perfectly fine now... buildings and Gods are now OK.
Well, except for the Trading Post worker, who looks on meth, but in my opinion it's acceptable.