It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ys VI is available to preorder on GOG! :D
I remember playing a demo for this one on the PS2.
duapruis: Nice! We need them all!!

I Wonder if I'll miss something if I've just play'd the "first three ones" (chronicles and oath) and origin and I jump straight to the sixth one. I supose I will, oh well...
Actually, Ark of Napishtim stands really well on its own, so you really won't have much difficulty with that. Oath is a rebuilt version of Ys III (Wanderers from Ys) using the engine established in Ys VI, so in some ways Ark will seem a little more archaic. Not much though, and it's mostly combat-pace related. Ark is a smidge slower in some ways compared to Oath - not much of a difference at all, and very subtle, but it's there. Boss fights are about as intense.

Plot-wise, you've got nothing at all to worry about. The beginning seems a bit confusing, but it's not due to any Plot ties to prior titles, so no worries there. Ys Seven on the other hand has a bunch of ties and shout-outs to Ys VI, so if that were coming out instead of Ark I could see there being an issue. Not a big one, since the Ys games as a rule stand on their own very well, with the exception of Ys I+II which are pretty much their own two-part story and Origin, which primarily serves as a prequel to I+II with some shoutouts to other games in the series here and there.

Bottom line: You'll be fine.
Sitting here refreshing the GOG-Site hourly in wait of the release ^^

Who else is waiting ?
Wutoholik: Sitting here refreshing the GOG-Site hourly in wait of the release ^^

Who else is waiting ?
*Raises hand*
Wutoholik: Sitting here refreshing the GOG-Site hourly in wait of the release ^^

Who else is waiting ?
Me!

EDIT: And it's here!
Post edited April 28, 2015 by Ichwillnichtmehr
Why the bonus content is heavier than the game itself?! :D
Das Warten hat ein Ende :D
Bethezer: Why the bonus content is heavier than the game itself?! :D
Most likely because it's from all the Ys games combined.
Post edited April 28, 2015 by natejagger
Bethezer: Why the bonus content is heavier than the game itself?! :D
natejagger: Most likely because it's from all the Ys games combined.
Interesting.. is it the same for all other Ys games then?
natejagger: Most likely because it's from all the Ys games combined.
Bethezer: Interesting.. is it the same for all other Ys games then?
I haven't downloaded it yet, but I don't think so... both Oath in Felghana and Origin only have avatars and wallpapers, Ark of Napishtim has more content than that.
Bethezer: Interesting.. is it the same for all other Ys games then?
groze: I haven't downloaded it yet, but I don't think so... both Oath in Felghana and Origin only have avatars and wallpapers, Ark of Napishtim has more content than that.
Thanks. :)
Uncompressed size of this folder is 1.86gb. I did not expect to find .psd files.
Post edited April 28, 2015 by Calamitus
Posted the same thing below on the release post - explains why the size of the extra content is so large :)

From the XSEED twitter:

"Also, don't forget! Every purchase automatically comes with the Ys VI Art Material Collection, a previously rare and out-of-print art book."

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/593111916970713088

The extras apparently came from the Ys VI Material Collection CD from the Falcom Special Box 2004 and has "a lot of concept art with notes from the artist, wallpapers, etc.". This information should probably be mentioned on the game page and this release page as this extra is actually quite substantial - it's also translated into English from what they've mentioned. How often do we get the Japanese fan disc extras with these games?