It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Win10x64; R9 380 4GB

When running through the xenonauts/assets/mods/xce xenonauts.exe the game opens the first screen and New Game, Load Game, and Game Options and Exit are all visible, but the game won't progress any further--clicking on the selections provides visible feedback but does nothing else. Only way to quit from there is to Task-Manage the game closed.

If I run from the GOG executable, however, xenonauts/xenonauts.exe, the 1.59 version loads and runs fine. Wondering if I should simply try and install the 34.1 mods from the GOG executable...?

EDIT: A bit confused as the mods appear to load and run with the GOG executable. Thanks for any brief remarks...new to this game (obviously.)
Post edited June 18, 2016 by waltc
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
waltc: Win10x64; R9 380 4GB

When running through the xenonauts/assets/mods/xce xenonauts.exe the game opens the first screen and New Game, Load Game, and Game Options and Exit are all visible, but the game won't progress any further--clicking on the selections provides visible feedback but does nothing else. Only way to quit from there is to Task-Manage the game closed.

If I run from the GOG executable, however, xenonauts/xenonauts.exe, the 1.59 version loads and runs fine. Wondering if I should simply try and install the 34.1 mods from the GOG executable...?

EDIT: A bit confused as the mods appear to load and run with the GOG executable. Thanks for any brief remarks...new to this game (obviously.)
Did you follow the instructions on the XCE website/forums to the letter? After installing the "base" XCE zip, did you then run XCE and then install all the main mods (the XCE mod pack)?

If you've done the above everything should work fine.

If all else fails, just completely wipe your installation and start from the very beginning.
squid830: Did you follow the instructions on the XCE website/forums to the letter? After installing the "base" XCE zip, did you then run XCE and then install all the main mods (the XCE mod pack)?

If you've done the above everything should work fine.

If all else fails, just completely wipe your installation and start from the very beginning.
May have to reinstall...yes, followed instructions to the letter...so will try again...will report back with results, although it may be a few days before I can get back...