It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm trying to get RTCW to run with iortcw but the system menu options is blank for single player but is fine if i run the multiplayer exe. I'm using cd gothy patched to 1.41 and knightmares unofficial patch.
Just wondering if anyone can point me to better install instructions than in the readme to see if i'm installing correctly.

EDIT:

Just checked console and in there I'm getting
ROR: ui/ingame_system,menu line 166: couldn't parse menu item keyword arFloatList' and:

ROR:ui/ingame_system,menu line 166: couldn't parse menu item keyword itemDef

Pus:

ROR:ui/pregame.menu. line 10: unknown keyword scralign
ROR:ui/pregame.menu. line 10: unknown keyword right
Post edited October 05, 2016 by HG1995
This question / problem has been solved by korellimage
HG1995: Just wondering if anyone can point me to better install instructions than in the readme to see if i'm installing correctly.
The way I installed ioRtCW is as follows:

Install the game and copy the Main and pb folders (I'm not actually sure if the pb folder is needed, but it can't do any harm for it to be there even if it isn't used).

Create a new folder for ioRtCW and extract the ioRtCW files to it. Put the Main and pc folders in this same folder. You can uninstall the game now as it isn't needed. The ioRtCW folder has the ioRtCW engine and the RtCW data files that it needs, it doesn't need the original game executables.

Launch the game with the ioWolfSP executable.

I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't be mixing up the various unofficial patches, as ioRtCW is an updated game engine, whilst Knightmare's 1.42d patch is a patch for the original engine. They are like different branches as both are unofficial, so do their own things.

Oh, and if you want widecreen, follow these additional steps.

Launch the game, set up your controls and such, then quit. The config file should then have been created. It should be saved in your Windows user documents folder, for example: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\RTCW\main

Edit the wolfconfig.cfg file in a text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, or whatever your preferred choice is).

Find the line containing seta r_mode and change the value to -1.
The change the lines seta r_customwidth and seta r_customheight to your desired screen resolution (e.g. 1920 and 1080).

Hope this helps.
HG1995: Just wondering if anyone can point me to better install instructions than in the readme to see if i'm installing correctly.
korell: The way I installed ioRtCW is as follows:

Install the game and copy the Main and pb folders (I'm not actually sure if the pb folder is needed, but it can't do any harm for it to be there even if it isn't used).

Create a new folder for ioRtCW and extract the ioRtCW files to it. Put the Main and pc folders in this same folder. You can uninstall the game now as it isn't needed. The ioRtCW folder has the ioRtCW engine and the RtCW data files that it needs, it doesn't need the original game executables.

Launch the game with the ioWolfSP executable.

I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't be mixing up the various unofficial patches, as ioRtCW is an updated game engine, whilst Knightmare's 1.42d patch is a patch for the original engine. They are like different branches as both are unofficial, so do their own things.

Oh, and if you want widecreen, follow these additional steps.

Launch the game, set up your controls and such, then quit. The config file should then have been created. It should be saved in your Windows user documents folder, for example: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\RTCW\main

Edit the wolfconfig.cfg file in a text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, or whatever your preferred choice is).

Find the line containing seta r_mode and change the value to -1.
The change the lines seta r_customwidth and seta r_customheight to your desired screen resolution (e.g. 1920 and 1080).

Hope this helps.
Thank you. I thought I had done a clean install of RTCW to check if it was the unofficial patch causing the problem.
I guess hadn't.
Again thanks for help
HG1995: Thank you. I thought I had done a clean install of RTCW to check if it was the unofficial patch causing the problem.
I guess hadn't.
Again thanks for help
No worries, glad you got it sorted.

Just an additional note, if you are using a retail disc version, applying the official 1.41 patch before copying the Main and pb folders should be fine. The GOG version is pre-patched, so this step then becomes unnecessary. Also, if you have the GOG version you can save doing the installation by just extracting the Main and pb folders from the GOG installer using something like InnoUnp.

I noticed that Knightmare now has a 1.42d version of his unofficial patch (last time I used it, it was 1.42c). He's now added in custom widescreen resolution options to the in-game video settings, too, so no need to go editing the cfg file manually. At this point, I'm not sure which unofficial patch is better - Knightmare's 1.42d patch or ioRtCW (which also has version number 1.42d). I'm currently using ioRtCW.
HG1995: Thank you. I thought I had done a clean install of RTCW to check if it was the unofficial patch causing the problem.
I guess hadn't.
Again thanks for help
korell: No worries, glad you got it sorted.

Just an additional note, if you are using a retail disc version, applying the official 1.41 patch before copying the Main and pb folders should be fine. The GOG version is pre-patched, so this step then becomes unnecessary. Also, if you have the GOG version you can save doing the installation by just extracting the Main and pb folders from the GOG installer using something like InnoUnp.

I noticed that Knightmare now has a 1.42d version of his unofficial patch (last time I used it, it was 1.42c). He's now added in custom widescreen resolution options to the in-game video settings, too, so no need to go editing the cfg file manually. At this point, I'm not sure which unofficial patch is better - Knightmare's 1.42d patch or ioRtCW (which also has version number 1.42d). I'm currently using ioRtCW.
Just gave the unofficial patch and iortcw a try and the unofficial patch seems to work a little better.
With iortcw I'm getting a long loading time when loading the level from save game or checkpoint.but the game runs fine after that. With the unofficial patch checkpoints and saves load instantly.
Would be great to see something close to the unreal 227i and OMP-UGOLD patches for RTCW. Which i guess both knightmares unofficial patch and ioRTCW are heading towards especially iortcw