It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Has anyone used a gamepad like the Xbox 360 controller w/this game? Does the game allow remapping of axis/buttons?
Lipoly: Has anyone used a gamepad like the Xbox 360 controller w/this game? Does the game allow remapping of axis/buttons?
It works fine with a 360 controller, but the game doesn't use DOSBox, so I haven't found a way to remap keys yet.
Anyone found a way to calibrate the 360 controller yet? All I get is a waaaaay to fast pointer when using it, which also tends to move after I already let the stick go. Pressing A or LMB on the "calibrate joystick" button does nothing. :-/
TheSarge: Anyone found a way to calibrate the 360 controller yet? All I get is a waaaaay to fast pointer when using it, which also tends to move after I already let the stick go. Pressing A or LMB on the "calibrate joystick" button does nothing. :-/
Mine was perfectly calibrated on installation, though it's a Mad Catz 360 controller. I don't know if anyone else has had problems with an official 360 controller. Maybe if you make a topic someone could help you.
I have bought the game and will hopefully provide an awesome gamepad-profile later this night.
Yeah my hotas not working with this game .I select ctrl-J for joystick control and no movement of the x or y axis ingame.
Alt-o brings up an options screen but I can't calibrate my controler which I guess is understandable being an old old game.

I guess we can get by with mouse control.
Weird. My Saitek X52 worked fine in WC3, but won't work in WC4. Rats.
Even weirder: My XBox360 Controller works fine in WC4.... Maybe I'll create profile anyway.
Can't get the X360 Controller, or my Logitech Wingman Force 3D to work in WC IV. Navigation on the Ship works fine but as soon as it gets to the action, the x/y axis won't work. Lasers and stuff works, but no steering. Anyone already got a solution for that?
Some my miss it: You need(!) to set the controls to joystick. This setting can only be found during flight ALT+O screen and you need to save(!) the setting.
Hoshi82: Can't get the X360 Controller, or my Logitech Wingman Force 3D to work in WC IV. Navigation on the Ship works fine but as soon as it gets to the action, the x/y axis won't work. Lasers and stuff works, but no steering. Anyone already got a solution for that?
I have exactly the same problem.
Hoshi82: Can't get the X360 Controller, or my Logitech Wingman Force 3D to work in WC IV. Navigation on the Ship works fine but as soon as it gets to the action, the x/y axis won't work. Lasers and stuff works, but no steering. Anyone already got a solution for that?
YaTEdiGo: I have exactly the same problem.
LIke the poster above mentioned, you need to hit Alt+o in flight and then choose joystick and hit save settings... If you need to calibrate the stick this has to be done in windows itself, not within the game since this is the windows version using directinput or whatever it's called. If you are using win7 you go to "devices and printers" in either the start menu or control panel.

If you have done this and it still doesn't work make sure the stick you want to use is set to the default game controller in windows. Also if you have multiple usb input devices and controllers other than your mouse, try unplugging and of the ones you aren't using.
Post edited May 21, 2012 by awesomead
YaTEdiGo: I have exactly the same problem.
awesomead: LIke the poster above mentioned, you need to hit Alt+o in flight and then choose joystick and hit save settings... If you need to calibrate the stick this has to be done in windows itself, not within the game since this is the windows version using directinput or whatever it's called. If you are using win7 you go to "devices and printers" in either the start menu or control panel.

If you have done this and it still doesn't work make sure the stick you want to use is set to the default game controller in windows. Also if you have multiple usb input devices and controllers other than your mouse, try unplugging and of the ones you aren't using.
Yes i did all that, and didnt work... at the end as i have 3 different controllers, the game worked very fine with a pad instead of the joystick, strange as with the joystick WC3 works better than with the pad. The 360 controller was also not detected by WC4. At the end the pad detected was an old wingman rumblepad, but it´s pretty nice pad to play this game.