It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BrandeX: Use the normal Windows installer package as you would any other program.
http://ykhwong.x-y.net/
ShadowWulfe: And it installs right over the GOG version of WC3 with no problems?
No, then you run DOXBOX-daum and go to File > Open > and pick the DOS game .exe of whatever game you want to run.
BrandeX:
Yup, still no idea what I'm doing.

Doesn't matter where I install it, everything is an illegal path.

Edit: Followed this excellent guide to set it up, problem is the controller, while accurate, is way too sensitive, and the config suggestions just crash the game on startup.

Would it be cool to get a copy of your WC3 config file for dosbox?
Post edited September 18, 2017 by ShadowWulfe
I don't have it installed now.
Hello all,

All this is very interesting but it seems too complicated to me. I honestly think that the best solution is to configure Wing Commander 3 with Keyboard and then use antimicro in parallel in order to emulate the keys with the Xbox 360 controller.

It actually works perfectly and it is really very simple.

Panos
panpil: Hello all,

All this is very interesting but it seems too complicated to me. I honestly think that the best solution is to configure Wing Commander 3 with Keyboard and then use antimicro in parallel in order to emulate the keys with the Xbox 360 controller.

It actually works perfectly and it is really very simple.

Panos
I followed this advice and gave antimicro a try. Very impressed and way easier than Xpadder (which seems to have some spyware scares...). Super easy to get it to work, and can easily change anything you want in the middle of a game even. Thanks for the heads up!
panpil:
Antimicro?

Edit: Also, have a configuration available?
Post edited July 29, 2018 by ShadowWulfe
Antimicro is so much better than Xpadder! It's super easy to set up and you can use the info from this guide to get it working. Just be sure to go into the setup and set the control type to 'Keyboard'. I was having an issue where I couldn't change my yaw and it was because it seemingly defaulted to 'Mouse'.

panpil:
ShadowWulfe: Antimicro?

Edit: Also, have a configuration available?
It takes 10 seconds to set up since most of the keys are set with the dosbox keymapper but if it helps here's the config file for Antimicro -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10sB4o5pZAL_O5443qaonU40H-O7NW5wR/view?usp=sharing

Edit: PRO TIP - if you're going to play WC4 and want the same control scheme, go under 'Extras' and download the DOS version of WC4. Then, go to your WC3 directory and copy 'mapper-0.74-2.map' to your root WC4 directory. After that, edit 'dosbox_wc4.conf' and change the mapperfile line so that it reads: mapperfile=mapper-0.74-2.map. This will port all of your keymapper settings from WC3 to WC4.

I would also recommend a change to key layout described in the OP - I would bind ` (toggle afterburners) to R3 (push right stick in) since I don't think the 'match speed' button is very useful at all. R3 is much more convenient then pressing the Back button and afterburners are very important.
Post edited November 06, 2021 by xvertigox
Antimicro dev has stopped and now the group has moved onto AntimicroX

And the config file listed in the previous post is compatible.