I removed the old links, so here are my updated video tweak guides!
Wing Commander: https://youtu.be/xRrSlvL9oCQ
Wing Commander II: https://youtu.be/UwWeN_2DL8k
Wing Commander Privateer: https://youtu.be/IDM80gxofW4 Wing Commander III Tweak Guide
In this video I am tweaking the GOG release of Wing Commander III Heart of the Tiger.
I will cover:
- Configuring the game for General MIDI
- Using VirtualMIDISynth and SoundFonts
- How to toggle subtitles
- How to change the language to German or French (Text only)
- How make the graphics smoother when moving around the ship
- Setting the perfect cycle speed to avoid some bugs
- Boost the sample rate for digital speech and sound effects
- Configure joystick as input device
- Configure joystick hat and rudder with the game
At the end you can watch me play the game a little bit (first mission).
Have you played WC Privateer successfully with a joystick? If yes, please copy the config file for me and let me know what joystick you are using. I am using Windows 10 and I cannot target with my joystick. It's just too sensitive. When I try to move it, it jumps past my target repeatedly. I have tried the sensitivity settings in the inf file; but, it doesn't effect my joystick in any way. I am using a basic Thrustmaster joystick. I have tried others.
Anyway, I see you have some experience with Wing Commander and I just wanted to see if you could help me solve my problem. Thank so much for responding.