It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

We have put a up a brand new installer for Windofrge that will update your game to verion 1.0.8312. Since we had quite a few patches here already, we made a new installer so that you don't have to keep a whole bunch of Universal updates from us if you don't want to :) Anyways, onto the changes!

Changelog:

* Improved pickup collisions
* Crew members will react better to taking damage
* Gas simulation and rendering optimizations
* Upgraded FMOD from version 1.00.02 to 1.03.06
* Fixed a bug that caused the gas mask breathing bug to play indefinitely
* Fixed some problems with the auto turret charge and fire sound
* Sound tweaks
* Switched to the proper music for the final temple and final cutscene
* Fixed the problem where glitchy physics could sometimes catapult the
player
* Fixed a problem that allowed you to drop or sell quest items
* Added a gameplay options tab
* Added a gameplay option to control the game's zoom level
* Added a gameplay option to toggle the auto save when you transition
between areas
* Fixed a crash where enemy ships fall out of the world
* Fixed a character animation slowdown bug that was especially
apparent when waiting in town for a long time
* Added quest indicators over people you need to talk to
* Improved the auto selection of your active quest if none is
currently active
* Added Hud indicators for aggressive bosses that are off screen
* Fixed up the damages for some of the fire and acid balls

Thanks and have a nice day! :)
Awesome, many thanks.
Any ETA on the latest patch?
Please update it to the latest version 1.1.8435
CRISTI2405: Please update it to the latest version 1.1.8435
I agree. Steam got this patch on 17 May. Why do we still not have it nearly 6 weeks' later?

If you're going to release your games DRM-free on gog then please stand by them and release patches at the same time as you release them on steam and don't treat people who buy your game here as 2nd class citizens.
CRISTI2405: Please update it to the latest version 1.1.8435
graspee: I agree. Steam got this patch on 17 May. Why do we still not have it nearly 6 weeks' later?

If you're going to release your games DRM-free on gog then please stand by them and release patches at the same time as you release them on steam and don't treat people who buy your game here as 2nd class citizens.
We're not second class citizens... I've heard we are pirates. Maybe Snowedin decided 'screw this' and jumped ship, falling and falling and falling.
graspee: I agree. Steam got this patch on 17 May. Why do we still not have it nearly 6 weeks' later?

micktiegs_8: We're not second class citizens... I've heard we are pirates. Maybe Snowedin decided 'screw this' and jumped ship, falling and falling and falling.
Hi,

We just got the patch and we hope to have it out for everyone on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

If anyone notices that there is something amiss as far as game versions go, then PLEASE contact us via our Support department so that we can investigate what's going on. Thanks :)
JudasIscariot: Hi,

We just got the patch and we hope to have it out for everyone on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

If anyone notices that there is something amiss as far as game versions go, then PLEASE contact us via our Support department so that we can investigate what's going on. Thanks :)
Awesome.
JudasIscariot: Hi,

Darvond: Awesome.
New patch is up, btw :)
Thank you for the patch :)

I don't blame Gog at all, but this patch was released on Steam on May 17th.

Someone on the official Windforge forum asks the devs about the DRM free patch (May 29th) and is ignored for almost a month (June 27th):
http://forum.snowedin.ca/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15350

'Sorry about the very long delay'....... Even giving an answer seem to take ages. This patch should've been uploaded on the same/next day as Steam got it. Uploading a finished patch that is collecting dust on their office desk for more than a month seems to be a nearly impossible task as well. And they did this before, the much needed 1st or 2nd patch for this game was delayed for DRM customers as well (delay of +/- week) and now this. I don't get it, are we inferior to the Steam customers?

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I have the feeling that Snowed In Studios only made the tremendous, nearly heroic effort to upload the patch to us because they made some more money from Gog/Steam summer sales, I don't know, call me crazy. What I do know is that I don't trust these devs anymore. Glad I got the patch now but SIS fails at decent and equal(!) customer support.

I'll go play Windforge now, hopefully to enjoy it so I can forget about the delayed patch :)
Post edited July 02, 2014 by Kassad666
Kassad666: Maybe I'm paranoid, but I have the feeling that Snowed In Studios only made the tremendous, nearly heroic effort to upload the patch to us because they made some more money from Gog/Steam summer sales, I don't know, call me crazy. What I do know is that I don't trust these devs anymore. Glad I got the patch now but SIS fails at decent and equal(!) customer support.
Sounds about right... Bet you they got more from GoG than Steam... saw like $10k added to the account from GoG and said 'oh shit, we're getting real money on this sale/deal, maybe we better push that update we forgot to put up a month ago, you know as long as we're getting insistent messages...'