It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi everyone

We'll be shipping the Life in Technicolour update on 16 August, and will also be raising the price on that date. We're letting you know in advance, although have to be a bit quiet about the reasons until the 16th. It's very exciting for us, and we're looking forward to letting you know what that's all about.

In the meantime, here's the latest weekly!

http://compulsiongames.com/en/news/135/weekly-journal-august-update-date-and-price-heads-up

If you have any questions, feel free to post below.

Cheers
Sam
I've already got my copy "In Dev", heck if I'd known about the Kick Starter, I'd backed you. Contrast was an amazing game.

I understand wanting to reward early adopters, but jumping from $30 to $50 is a big jump and is likely to alienate those that don't trust "Early Access". There have been enough cases of EA failure to make a significant number avoid it and wait for a final released product.

The most likely scenario I see happening, is a release at $50 with a 10-20% release discount (making it $40-45) during the primary sales windows. If you are intending to do such a thing then my respect for you guys will drop dramatically. Unfortunately such obvious and gratuitous sales tactics do work and go unnoticed by much of the great unwashed and tolerated by others.

However for many, the type of demographics that make informed decisions to support kick starters and early access, such tactics are offensive and will affect future decisions about that company.

I urge you to reconsider such a big price jump and to avoid any dubious discounting tactics.

Lastly, can someone from Compulsion send Focus Home Interactive a message. Explain to them We Happy Few will soon get a GoG release. If they make Contrast available to GoG at the same time it will make more than enough money to make their effort worth it.
mechmouse: I've already got my copy "In Dev", heck if I'd known about the Kick Starter, I'd backed you. Contrast was an amazing game.

I understand wanting to reward early adopters, but jumping from $30 to $50 is a big jump and is likely to alienate those that don't trust "Early Access". There have been enough cases of EA failure to make a significant number avoid it and wait for a final released product.

The most likely scenario I see happening, is a release at $50 with a 10-20% release discount (making it $40-45) during the primary sales windows. If you are intending to do such a thing then my respect for you guys will drop dramatically. Unfortunately such obvious and gratuitous sales tactics do work and go unnoticed by much of the great unwashed and tolerated by others.

However for many, the type of demographics that make informed decisions to support kick starters and early access, such tactics are offensive and will affect future decisions about that company.

I urge you to reconsider such a big price jump and to avoid any dubious discounting tactics.

Lastly, can someone from Compulsion send Focus Home Interactive a message. Explain to them We Happy Few will soon get a GoG release. If they make Contrast available to GoG at the same time it will make more than enough money to make their effort worth it.
It's a jump, but we've got got reasons for doing what we're doing. The obvious point is that the game's quality and scope has increased significantly over the last year, without any raise in the price, and this is reflecting that. But the main reason I can't mention until the 16th.

Regarding your sales tactics comments, please come back on the 16th and ask me the same question. I'll be happy to answer!

Until then, this announcement is notice for people that the price rise (which we have mentioned since the early days - see the In Development FAQ at the top of this forum) is on the way. Announcing the price rise amount, as well as the date on which it is happening, seems far better to me than just suddenly raising the price on the 16th.
Manywhelps: snipy snip
You guys haven't let me down yet, with the exception of not being able to convince Focus to release Contrast on GoG, so I shall wait.
And congratulations on securing a film deal, I hope you have a "No Ule Bol" clause.
Manywhelps: snipy snip
mechmouse: You guys haven't let me down yet, with the exception of not being able to convince Focus to release Contrast on GoG, so I shall wait.
And congratulations on securing a film deal, I hope you have a "No Ule Bol" clause.
Yeah, I haven't had much success on that front. To be honest, it would take up WHF development time if we were to do it, so maybe once we ship we can revisit that with Focus.

Thanks!
mechmouse: You guys haven't let me down yet, with the exception of not being able to convince Focus to release Contrast on GoG, so I shall wait.
Manywhelps: Yeah, I haven't had much success on that front. To be honest, it would take up WHF development time if we were to do it, so maybe once we ship we can revisit that with Focus.

Thanks!
If you could, you would have my eternal gratitude... and some more of my cash.