It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi folks

As we hope is pretty clear by now, we're approaching the last major content update for the Games in Development period. This rolls the previously planned "Joy" update and some additional improvements into one bigger, final update, so that we can properly focus on story for the release:

http://compulsiongames.com/en/news/130/sneak-peeks-of-our-next-and-last-major-content-update
Yaay :D
To be honest, the function I'm looking forward to the most is Fast Travel, especially since random world generation just loves to troll me, and it places shelters and bridges as far away from each other as physically possible :( Atm my two Garden islands are two vertical islands next to eachother, with the bridge at their northernmost and the shelter at their southernmost point... x_x
Accessing my items I stored in different shelters will be easier once this feature is in :3

Also, I'm not sure where I can post a little feedback, so I'll post it here. I'm sure most of these might have already been mentioned on other forums as well.
- Is there an actual reason why I'm spawning outside the shelter when I quit then return to the game? It's just... kinda weird O_o And dangerous too. Made it to the shelter at night, quit the game, continued later... oh snap, I spawned outside, in the dark! I guess (hope, in fact) that it's just an 'alpha' mechanic...
- Doors I opened get locked again and radios I turned off gets turned on after quitting the game and coming back later (very minor, I know :) )
- Sometimes subtitles display the wrong text, and sometimes subtitles get stuck. I was walking around in one of the Garden islands, with a 2 lines long subtitle stuck on my screen. (Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2) This happened multiple times, with different subtitles. And I could walk miles, and the subtitle was still there.
- Is there a reason why none of the shelters have a Chem station? At least, none of the 3 I own now (2 Garden + Hamlyn). Boxing the poor Wastrels out of their home every time I need to use the station in their attic just gets old after a while =/
- I couldn't enter one of the houses in the Garden area, because a phone booth was blocking the door. Screenshot
- At the end of the encounter "It's a Terrible Life", the guy got electrocuted, and according to the subtitle, he died. In my game, he was still standing and breathing but I couldn't interact with him. His wife was labelled "unconscious".

Thats what I can think of. I'm a slow player, have just made it to Hamlyn :) Can't wait for the update, but still got a lot to explore till then :D
Post edited July 01, 2017 by MadyNora
MadyNora: Yaay :D
To be honest, the function I'm looking forward to the most is Fast Travel, especially since random world generation just loves to troll me, and it places shelters and bridges as far away from each other as physically possible :( Atm my two Garden islands are two vertical islands next to eachother, with the bridge at their northernmost and the shelter at their southernmost point... x_x
Accessing my items I stored in different shelters will be easier once this feature is in :3

Also, I'm not sure where I can post a little feedback, so I'll post it here. I'm sure most of these might have already been mentioned on other forums as well.
- Is there an actual reason why I'm spawning outside the shelter when I quit then return to the game? It's just... kinda weird O_o And dangerous too. Made it to the shelter at night, quit the game, continued later... oh snap, I spawned outside, in the dark! I guess (hope, in fact) that it's just an 'alpha' mechanic...
- Doors I opened get locked again and radios I turned off gets turned on after quitting the game and coming back later (very minor, I know :) )
- Sometimes subtitles display the wrong text, and sometimes subtitles get stuck. I was walking around in one of the Garden islands, with a 2 lines long subtitle stuck on my screen. (Screenshot 1, Screenshot 2) This happened multiple times, with different subtitles. And I could walk miles, and the subtitle was still there.
- Is there a reason why none of the shelters have a Chem station? At least, none of the 3 I own now (2 Garden + Hamlyn). Boxing the poor Wastrels out of their home every time I need to use the station in their attic just gets old after a while =/
- I couldn't enter one of the houses in the Garden area, because a phone booth was blocking the door. Screenshot
- At the end of the encounter "It's a Terrible Life", the guy got electrocuted, and according to the subtitle, he died. In my game, he was still standing and breathing but I couldn't interact with him. His wife was labelled "unconscious".

Thats what I can think of. I'm a slow player, have just made it to Hamlyn :) Can't wait for the update, but still got a lot to explore till then :D
Hah yes, Fast Travel has already made a fairly large difference to the game world internally. That plus the new inventory will take away the two largest issues that we think exist in the game right now.

Feedback here is just fine!

1) Shelter spawning. Yes, it's a technical reason. If I remember correctly, it's because we don't allow you to respawn in closed gameplay environments because it causes issues with the save system. Simplest solution at the time was just to respawn you outside. We'll be looking into solving this in a better way for final release, but I think it will remain at least for the Joy update.

2) Re-locked doors should (generally) not be correct! The only time unlocked doors should be reset on save/load is when you quit part way through an encounter - we typically reset encounters back to a stable state to avoid save/load problems if you quit part way through. If you can recall specific examples, we can look into it.

3) Subtitles: damn, Daisy. That looks like a range bug, where the game thinks the speaker is right next to you (but obviously isn't). We should be able to address that before 1.0.

4) Chem stations do exist in shelters, just not in every one. They're a progression marker, so I believe you should find them on Maidenholm.

5) Your phone booth/door overlap is a world generation bug. We'll address that to the extent we can before release, but I'm afraid it will remain an issue in the Joy update (we're working on gameplay right now, rather than world gen, but that changes soon).

6) Terrible Life: yes, that's a bug. That god damned quest. Should be addressed with the next update.

Thanks for the feedback!
Manywhelps: Hah yes, Fast Travel has already made a fairly large difference to the game world internally. That plus the new inventory will take away the two largest issues that we think exist in the game right now.

Feedback here is just fine!

1) Shelter spawning. Yes, it's a technical reason. If I remember correctly, it's because we don't allow you to respawn in closed gameplay environments because it causes issues with the save system. Simplest solution at the time was just to respawn you outside. We'll be looking into solving this in a better way for final release, but I think it will remain at least for the Joy update.

2) Re-locked doors should (generally) not be correct! The only time unlocked doors should be reset on save/load is when you quit part way through an encounter - we typically reset encounters back to a stable state to avoid save/load problems if you quit part way through. If you can recall specific examples, we can look into it.

3) Subtitles: damn, Daisy. That looks like a range bug, where the game thinks the speaker is right next to you (but obviously isn't). We should be able to address that before 1.0.

4) Chem stations do exist in shelters, just not in every one. They're a progression marker, so I believe you should find them on Maidenholm.

5) Your phone booth/door overlap is a world generation bug. We'll address that to the extent we can before release, but I'm afraid it will remain an issue in the Joy update (we're working on gameplay right now, rather than world gen, but that changes soon).

6) Terrible Life: yes, that's a bug. That god damned quest. Should be addressed with the next update.

Thanks for the feedback!
1) I see. Guess until the final release I should be careful not to quit the game at nighttime :)

2) I don't mean doors I lockpicked, but doors that are simply just "locked", and can easily be unlocked. For example in the first shelter I always leave the door open, because I have no reason to close it. But almost half the time when I return to the shelter the door is not only closed, but also "locked". Yes I can easily unlock it with just 1 button, but still, first time it happened I thought someone broke into my shelter.

3) The most annoying subtitle so far was the "I'm late I'm late from a very important date!" one. I could not get rid of it,
no matter what I did! Finished the encounter, restarted the game, went far away, no matter what I did it did not go away. I was thinking about killing the guy, but after finishing the encounter I could no longer find him anywhere. It actually forced me to start a new game =/ (btw thank you for being able to skip the intro :) )

4) I see. I haven't made it to Maidenholm yet. At least the house with the Chem station spawned right next to my Garden shelter, so it's just a short walk.

I also remembered something else. Sometimes I see a large group of Plague Wastrels in the 2nd Garden Island in broad daylight. If I run a short distance away and return, they simply despawn. I don't know if that's intentional though.
It happened thrice. Twice on a road in the wilderness between two "settlements". First time I ran among the trees, turned back, and bam, they were nowhere to be found. I thought they scattered among the trees, but I found nobody, not even normal Wastrels. Second time (exact same place) I did not run that far away, and I observed them a bit. They minded their own plagued business. When I got bored watching them I went further away, came back, and they despawned.
And once happened inside a settlement. I sneaked to the back door of a house, then two Plague Wastrels exited the door. I ran a bit away, came back, and the Plague Wastrels were gone. Inside the house were normal Wastrels.
Post edited July 02, 2017 by MadyNora
MadyNora: 1) I see. Guess until the final release I should be careful not to quit the game at nighttime :)

2) I don't mean doors I lockpicked, but doors that are simply just "locked", and can easily be unlocked. For example in the first shelter I always leave the door open, because I have no reason to close it. But almost half the time when I return to the shelter the door is not only closed, but also "locked". Yes I can easily unlock it with just 1 button, but still, first time it happened I thought someone broke into my shelter.

3) The most annoying subtitle so far was the "I'm late I'm late from a very important date!" one. I could not get rid of it,
no matter what I did! Finished the encounter, restarted the game, went far away, no matter what I did it did not go away. I was thinking about killing the guy, but after finishing the encounter I could no longer find him anywhere. It actually forced me to start a new game =/ (btw thank you for being able to skip the intro :) )

4) I see. I haven't made it to Maidenholm yet. At least the house with the Chem station spawned right next to my Garden shelter, so it's just a short walk.

I also remembered something else. Sometimes I see a large group of Plague Wastrels in the 2nd Garden Island in broad daylight. If I run a short distance away and return, they simply despawn. I don't know if that's intentional though.
It happened thrice. Twice on a road in the wilderness between two "settlements". First time I ran among the trees, turned back, and bam, they were nowhere to be found. I thought they scattered among the trees, but I found nobody, not even normal Wastrels. Second time (exact same place) I did not run that far away, and I observed them a bit. They minded their own plagued business. When I got bored watching them I went further away, came back, and they despawned.
And once happened inside a settlement. I sneaked to the back door of a house, then two Plague Wastrels exited the door. I ran a bit away, came back, and the Plague Wastrels were gone. Inside the house were normal Wastrels.
AI spawning etc has undergone a lot of changes internally too - to the point that I don't actually know right now whether this kind of issues has been or will be resolved! The entire spawning system has been reworked, so I'm fairly confident things will behave differently (although probably not perfectly) with the next update.
Manywhelps: AI spawning etc has undergone a lot of changes internally too - to the point that I don't actually know right now whether this kind of issues has been or will be resolved! The entire spawning system has been reworked, so I'm fairly confident things will behave differently (although probably not perfectly) with the next update.
I see, thanks :)